“UnexpectedService” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #412 of 632 Specialty Lodging in Rome
Portland, Australia
“UnexpectedService”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2010

The hotel is located in a Via Magenta parallel to Via Marsarla which is at one end of the Main Train Station Rome, Italy. The hotel is on the 4th floor accessed by an ancient lift/elevator that would not pass safety standards in Australia. The lift is slow and temperamental, not helped by anyone who leaves a door open as this obviously stops the lift from working at all. When I arrived at the hotel after a day's train journey from Munich, Germany, the lift would not work so I had to climb to the 4th floor with my heavy suit case. At 71 years of age this was difficult. This was not a good introduction to a hotel, but my internet booking was in order and the reception lady was pleasant. My single room was clean but only had a washbasin. The full "Bathroom" was across the passageway, with toilet, handbasin, shower and bidet. This bathroom was spotlessly clean even though it was shared by others. There was never any queue to use these facilities. I did some washing of my clothes in my room, and the night porter was anxious for me to dry my clothes but not have the dampness in my room; thinking of my health and well-being. The hotwater radiators were off as this was warm May spring weather. The night porter kindly provided me with a clothes-horse airer that he set up in the corridor; my clothes drying overnight. I was touched by his kindness and thoughtfulness. The breakfasts were seved in my room and were fairly plain..

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Polish first

Been to Capri? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Capri

Address: Via Magenta, 13, 00185 Rome, Italy
Location: Italy > Lazio > Rome > Castro Pretorio
Free Breakfast Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Airport Transportation
Ranked #412 of 632 Specialty Lodging in Rome
Hotel Class:1 star — Capri 1*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, HostelWorld, Despegar.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Capri reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Capri, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.