“More Contemporary than Some” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tomoko Tudini

Tomoko Tudini
Via Principe Amedeo 27, 00185 Rome, Italy (Castro Pretorio)
+39 06.48.17.586
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with
Tomoko Tudini is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4,941 of 8,713 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Neighborhood: Castro Pretorio
Ouyen, Australia
“More Contemporary than Some”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

Heated alfresco dining (blankets too), quick service and close to Termini Station - amidst many hotels. With a cocktail, bread, coffee and primi patti we paid 30 euro each. Funky decor and some creative choices - I had mussels (cozze) with fries! Didn't see the connection between the two until I got to dip the chips in the soute' juices. Our waiter was a little eager to remove plates and didn't offer much cocktail flexibility but their choices were considerable.

Visited April 2014

“Do not eat pizza there!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

This location is a mess....
We've ordered 2 pizza - porcino & capriciosa - both are a total fail!
Not really hot - getting cold very fast - and the pizza are more liquid and both are not have a good taste.
The served pizza bread is good.
The water that they serve taste like flat :-(
Save your money and select a different one...

• Visited January 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Anaheim, CA
“Quaint Italian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Four of us stayed at a nearby hotel and thought this place looked interesting. We ate there twice in 4 days and found the pizza and pasta dishes to be excellent and reasonably priced, especially their specials and the house wine. Sitting outside does not mean you won't be bothered by smokers and street vendors, but it's still the best choice in good weather. The service is a little spotty, but hey, it's Italy and you should make time to enjoy the food and wine.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
“Bad attitude with service charge!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

All I hope for when I try a new restaurant is a little bit if polite service and friendly attitude from the restaurant that I decide to dine at. I am after all spending my hard earned euros! Tomoko however provide me neither of these......

The attitude of the staff was disgraceful. Firstly we ordered a litre of wine that can only be described as holy water and then had to ask several times to be brought glasses. The pizzas that we ordered were ok but nothing that set our world alight. The ashtray we asked for never arrived and when it came to requesting the bill it was a war of attrition. I have never eaten at a restaurant that was so keen not to take my money. After asking twice for the bill i finally had to head inside and seek out the cashier to pay. A service charge of 15% was added to the bill which I feel is a slap in the face.

I would sincerely recommend that you avoid this restaurant and sample some of the other more welcoming establishments that surround it.

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Early evening meal”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

We decided to try this restaurant even having seen a couple of poor reviews.
Pizza was excellent and the pasta cooked al dente which I love, some nice flavours as well. The house wine ( white) was ok priced well but a little sweet for my palate.
Desserts expensive €6.50 each felt that was a lot for what it was.
But I agree with another trip advisor that a service charge for 2 persons should not be automatically 15% of the bill the service was ok but certainly not that fantastic to warrant €10 +
Sorry if I feel the service was above average let me decide what to tip not the owner !
Hence the poor rating for value.

• Visited October 2013