“A small gem” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 2,698 Rome B&B and Inns
Bethesda, Maryland
“A small gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Clean, quiet, comfortable rooms, all five non-smoking. Staff -- both Barbara and Giorgio -- very helpful with arrangements before and during our stay, e.g., taxis, dinner reservations, shopping recommendations. Convenient location just off the Via Veneto, one block from the Barberini subway station. We would certainly go back. Caveats: not for stair-weary or must-have-coffee-in-room folks.

Room Tip: Room 5 is largest, has small balcony.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

545 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Asciano, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I live in toscana and come to Rome a lot sampling the many hotel offerings. Here are the top items of the place. Clean. Bio bathroom products. Safe area and close enough to main train station to walk. Very friendly owners and very helpful (this is a key thing for any hotel, right?!). I def recommend.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
San Jose, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

I stay at la Piccola Maison just for one night, traveling alone. First of all, its location its great. It was my first time in Italy, I arrived at Termini station and took the metro to Barberine stop, the hotel is just crossing the street from the Metro exit. It is very close to a lot of Rome´s must-see attractions, walking distance to Piazza Spagna, Fontana di Trevi, Piazza Navona, Piazza d Popolo, in a very safe area. Second, great staff. Barbara waited for me and gave me a great map of the city, pointing me in the map the best places to go and the best times (for example to see the sunset at Piazza d Popolo), the walking distance (in minutes) from the hotel, and also pointed me good places to eat a gelato or pizza or pasta in the city. Third, comfortable bed and a nice clean bathroom with warm water after all the walking! Wifi work out very well too. I will definitely recommend La Piccola Maison to stay in Rome to my friends and family, and stay back there if I have the opportunity to go back to Rome.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

I would just like to say I had amazing time in Rome and I would like to offer special thanks to Barbara for being so accommodating.

I was running late due to a wedding and she stayed up to my arrival till midnight and was so friendly and kind to me on my stay even going the extra mile for me getting me a bottle of wine for me and my guest.

I would happily stay with you guys again any time, the rooms were well presented, clean and tidy and the stay was more than enjoyable being very central to the city which allowed great access to party and eat well in all the good surroundings.
I hope to see you guys again

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Longview, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Never having been to Rome, my wife and I were a little apprehensive on what to expect. Minute we were greeted by Barbara, we knew this was going to be a great time and place to stay. Location and facilities are unbeatable but the best part is service provided. Private tours, recommended places to eat and even just setting up taxi made our stay exciting and enjoyable. I have passed this info on to our corp travel dept.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

This is a gem of a hotel, tucked away in a small side street, a few steps away from the Metro at Barebrini. The hotel is surrounded by small cafés and very easy access to all parts of Rome via the metro.
Barbara, was truly helpful and made all the suggestions and bookings and helped us unclutter what we should see.
We had rooms 1 and 3 are very good. The air conditioning was great and needed in the stiffling heat of Rome. The shower was fantastic and powerful.
This hotel doesn't do breakfast but there is plenty of options just outside the hotel.
The hotel is in a building which requires to walk up a few flights of stairs, there is a small lift which was used for luggage to be transported up.
I would return to this hotel because of the cleanliness, the location and the helpful Barbara!!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Giorgio so thoughtfully suggested a private tour of the Vatican and Colosseum. and I must say that for my husband and myself.. a more memorable or delightful afternoon would not be possible.
Our family enjoyed the hotel accommodations greatly. We traveled as a family of four, parents with two twelve and fifteen year old boys. My twelve year old enjoyed the modern design of the interior and loved the air conditioning -- which is a must during summer in Italy. We also enjoyed walking from the apartment to the many local restaurants and sites.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to La Piccola Maison? Share your experiences!