“Tour Like A Rock Star!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #53 of 888 Activities in Rome
More attraction details
Owner description: Live the unforgettable experience of a Private Tour in Rome.Let yourself be led by historical and cultural itineraries that only the Eternal City can offer. Our great expertise and enthusiasm will guide every tour in Rome. Discover all the advantages of choosing a private tour labeled Rome Connection.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Waterford, Virginia
“Tour Like A Rock Star!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

With only one day to tour Rome, Marco treated us like royalty! He whisked us away from the cruise terminal in a Mercedes (stocked with water) and parked us right outside the Vatican. We skipped the lines and with headsets listened to Marco's excellent narrative about the exhibits. Next we enjoyed a nice cappuccino then on to the Trevi Fountain and lunch at the Piazza Navona. We rounded the day out with a trip to the Coliseum and another cappuccino! Marco did a masterful job of getting us around the city quickly without feeling rushed. An amazing day! I've already recommended this company to friends heading to Rome. Molte grazie, Marco! We look forward to seeing you again someday!

Visited May 2014

London
“Rome. Captured in a Day!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

Last August 2013 we had a two day stay in Rome. We booked a 1 day tour prior to leaving London for two Adults and two 13 year old boys. We had a wonderful tour with Hagit and our driver. Hagit was so knowledgeable and brought Ancient Rome back to life we covered all the sites we wanted to visit in 1 day. There was no way we would have covered all the places of interest on our own. Hagit was a great help and patient with us purchasing books and other items we wanted to take back to London. We have fond memories of our trip to this day and would definitely book them whenever we are next in Rome.

Visited August 2013
Strasburg, Pennsylvania
“Pompeii and the Amalfi Coast Tour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

We traveled in April 2014 and had a wonderful day with Alberto and Daniello. Both were excellent guides and fun to hang out with. We toured Pompeii with a local guide that was set up for us that was very knowledgeable and answered all our questions. She was very nice and kept the speed of the tour to fit our group. From there we drove to the coast, while the weather wasn't the greatest, Alberto hooked us up a great restaurant and took his time driving us through the towns. He made many stops and didn't rush us at all. The trip was probably longer than they planned but it was a great day for us. The only thing I would note is that on their website where they say cash is preferred, they really mean cash only. The European ATMs seem to let you take out as much cash as you need but with 11 people in our group, we didn't plan for that. We did have a great trip with RomeConnection and Alberto and highly recommend!

Visited April 2014
West Hartford, Connecticut
3 attraction reviews
“Great tour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

We have use Rome Connection twice. We had a great tour both times! You get to cut the lines and learn so much about all the sites. They pick you up and drop you off on your schedule and allow you to customize your tour. They make you feel like you are family that have dropped in to spend the day!

Visited November 2013
Great Falls, Montana
“A Bad Day Goes Well”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

Max, my guide, offers the best of both worlds - a native of Rome full of history, passion and knowledge that he enthusiastically shares in clear English, having spent 5 years in the US.

While deplaning in Rome I experienced immediate, intense pain in my knee. I was frazzled by the time I got to the curb as several requests to airport personnel for a wheelchair were turned down because I had not ordered one!

Max to the rescue. He knew exactly where to find a set of crutches and took me directly to that farmacia. Seeing Renaissance art was my first goal. Imagine my disappointment when I was in too much pain to get into the Museum area.

Max gave me a fascinating driving tour, filling in details beyond my comprehension. I saw things I would not have seen otherwise. We had coffee in a room full of crumbling bones, drove part of the old Appian Way, dropped me at the door of the Pantheon and near the Trevi Fountain, knew the best gelato stop and delivered it to the car.

All in all, I have nothing but wonderful memories of my short day in Rome. It would have ended so differently had Max not been at the curb.

Marco answered my inquiries immediately;setting up the tour at last moment could not have been easier. This company deserves every star it gets!

Visited March 2014

Been to Rome Connection Private Tours? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Rome Connection Private Tours, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.