“I could have eaten the gnocchi for dessert!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ciampini

Ciampini
Piazza Trinita dei Monti, 00187 Rome, Italy (Campo Marzio)
06.6785678
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #645 of 9,035 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian, Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine, Doing business, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Campo Marzio
Vancouver, Canada
“I could have eaten the gnocchi for dessert!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

A friend had recommended Ciampini to us -it was an awesome meal. We had the veal, octopus salad, beef carpaccio, and the gnocchi. My husband had ordered the gnocchi and let me taste it. It was wonderful...so much that I could've eaten it for dessert but we ordered the tartufo, which was also wonderful. Our server Goffredo was amazing!!!!

Visited September 2012

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
East Amherst, New York
“A Hidden Gem in Rome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

My wife and I ate here during our last evening in Rome. We read about it on Tripadvisor and were staying nearby at the Hotel Scalinata di Spagna, a 3 minute walk. It was raining and we didn’t want to go very far. Wow, were we ever surprised and pleased. This is an outstanding restaurant, and not only for Rome. Being very close to the Spanish Steps, you would think it would be touristy. Not so. It doesn’t look like much from the outside but don’t be fooled. Mostly “outdoor” seating but it is covered completely and we could see St. Peter’s Basilica from where we sat. There is a glass enclosed room for cool nights. Best Gnocchi I ever had in my life. The lamb chops were superb. My wife had salmon, which was grilled perfectly. The portions were reasonable from what you would expect from this type of restaurant. All were delicious and presented very well. The tiramisu and fondente al cioccol were the best desserts we had in Italy. Service was outstanding and the environment was very romantic. We would highly recommend this restaurant on all counts, food, price and atmosphere.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hong Kong
“Best dinner in Rome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

Me and my wife spent our last dinner in Rome at ciampini. Honestly this was the best among all 4 nights. We have caesar salad, baked fish and traditional lamb. All are delicious and presented very well. Service are good and environment is romantic. Recommended if you want a decent dinner with a reasonable price.

Fairview Park, Ohio, United States
“Great food, location and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We really enjoyed our dinner at Ciampini. Very close to the Spanish Steps. We had a very romantic dinner on the patio for our last night in Rome. Pasta with Clams was good but my wife's gnocci was fantastic. The caprese salad was also delicious and their specialty chocolate gelato dessert was unbelievable.

Visited September 2012
“Great setting, large portions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

The Burrata, nicoise salad, and spaghetti with clams were all great. The pasta portions were ridiculously large...loaded with clams. Same for the other dishes. Split a couple for lunch. Unfortunately, the pours on the glasses of wine were a little light. I would definitely go back. Turtle pool is a nice touch.

• Visited September 2012