“Anyone remotely interested in wine will benefit from Vino Roma” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #57 of 888 Activities in Rome
Type: Classes/Workshops, Food & Drink
More attraction details
Owner description: A wine experience like no other! Wine is an important part of Italian culture. At VinoRoma wine tastings/seminars we give you the key to understanding Italian wines and your taste so you can continue exploring on your own, too. Not intimidating, stuffy or confusing - a lot of fun and very insightful! Nice side effect: you will learn a lot about food, too!Drink wine. Not too much. Mostly Italian.
Bluffton, South Carolina
17 attraction reviews
“Anyone remotely interested in wine will benefit from Vino Roma”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2010

I have been to Rome several times and I have only really become interested in wines in the last 5 years or so, and I still consider myself a wine "newbie". Handi was so easy to speak with and didn't make me feel like I knew nothing about wines.

I participated in the Italian Wine tasting on Thanksgiving evening with Vino Roma, there were just 4 of us at this wine tasting and it made for a really nice way to spend a few hours one evening.

We were welcomed very warmly and from the second we walked into the room and it felt as if we had known Handi all our lives.

We tasted 6 very different Italian wines, 3 whites and 3 reds. Handi walked us through the wine tasting process and really cultivated a better understanding (for me) in the variety of tastes and smells of the wines we were tasting.

I really think anyone, a wine novice, or wine expert, would enjoy spending time at a Vino Roma wine tasting, it was alot of fun and I really did leave that evening with more knowlege about wines!

I would highly recommend a wine tasting with Vino Roma. In, fact, I'd do it again whenever I get back to Rome!

• Turkish first
San Francisco, California
3 attraction reviews
“A Wine Tasting Paradise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2010

Vino Roma was an eye opening experience for my husband and I! Its amazing how much more you can continue to learn about wine tasting when you think you have mastered it. It was much more then just tasting the wine, but rather learning and understanding the complexities each wine has, which in turn made the wine tasting an entirely different and grand experience. Hande is so knowledgeable about wine and takes the time to answer any and all questions you may have. You cannot go to Rome without setting up an appointment with Hande at Vino Roma. A perfect experience if you are new to wine tasting and also if you have been tasting for years like my husband and I. I promise you will be in the best of hands and will thoroughly enjoy your tasting. We look forward to booking again during our next trip to Rome. If we could rate it higher than 5 stars we certainly would! =)

Doha, Qatar
“My eyes were opened”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2010

Coming from Australia my husband and I had done numerous wine tasting courses and basically thought Australian wine ruled supreme. That was until we met Hande from Vino Roma. She took the time to explain regions and what to expect from each region. She asked us questions on our likes and dislikes and encouraged us to speak up on what we could smell and taste (nothing was a stupid answer). We really enjoyed the afternoon and were sad to say goodbye. We learnt a lot about Italian wine that day and also gained a friend. We would recommend Vino roma to anyone travelling to Rome.

Newport, Rhode Island
“Wonderful Evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2010

We enjoyed the evening wine tasting a few weeks ago, and we learned so much! We are veteran wine drinkers, and we were with four novices. Hande explained how to really taste wine, and we discussed the pairings of food and wine. We enjoyed tasting new wines and learning why we like certain types of wine more than others. Not only did we learn a lot, we also had a lot of fun - probably staying much longer than Hande had planned. If you are going to be in Rome and you enjoy wine, this is definitely an experience to consider.

Visalia
“Absolutely fabulous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

Our class on Italian wines (we did the late afternoon one) was fascinating and worth every penny. We tasted six different wines and discussed each one in depth. Hande is very knowledgeable and a total delight! It was one of the highlights of our trip. If you are interested in learning about and tasting Italian wine you will not be not be disappointed.

Carmella

Been to Vino Roma? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Vino Roma, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.