“Italywithus.com tour” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #154 of 727 activities in Rome
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: We arrange private and group tours of the Vatican, Rome and Italy. One of our specializations is getting to the Sistine Chapel ahead of the crowds or being there when no one else in the Vatican! Our office is very close to the Vatican - that is where we meet for our Vatican tours, not in or outside a bar or on the steps opposite the entrance to the Vatican museums. You can book tours directly online and get discount on 2nd and 3rd tours with us. Our tours are the best, our guides are the best and we aim to give the best service there is in Italy.Last year we opened an office close to the Colosseum and now in July 2013 we have opened one in Florence as well - we are not just voices on the phone, we are real people here to help you get the best out of your visit to Italy.
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
Ohio-USA
“Italywithus.com tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2009

Our time was limited in Rome, and I did not just want to walk through the Vatican. From readings of comments posted during the summer of 2009, all said that the Vatican was not crowded as in the past, but I did not want to chance it.
Italywithus offered an 8AM tour. It was excellent. Our guide, Jay, walked us quickly though the museum so we could get to the Sistine Chapel before it got too crowded. It was wonderful to soak in the beauty of the room in somewhat of a subdued atmosphere. He spent a great deal of time explaining the meaning of the frescoes, and by the time we left the chapel, it was almost wall to wall people. We then backtracked & saw many of the other wonders. His love & knowledge of the Vatican was very evident. I highly recommend this tour group.

Singapore, Singapore
5 attraction reviews
“Excellent Tour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2008

My wife, 21-month old daughter and I visited Rome at the end of November. We joined the long line to enter St Peters and were approached by a an Italy with Us representative approached us to take a tour. We decisied to do it based on skipping the lines alone.

Our tour guide was Jim from Michigan. Jim was a fantastic tour guide and made the experience one of the best tours we have done. He was truley energetic about his work and was very knowledgeable on the vatican, the museums, St Peters and the history of Rome and the Catholic church. Our tour was supposed to be about 2 hours through the museums and end at the Sistine Chapel. Instead, Jim spent about 4 hours with us, including through the Sistine Chapel, the Rafael rooms, the Tombs and a unique one hour overview / tour through St Peters (this was not required by Jim as part of the tour which is illustrative of his enthusiasm).

Overall - great tour and especially an excellent tour guide.

San Francisco, California
77 attraction reviews
“AMAZING After-Hours Vatican Tours - Explore the Vatican with NO CROWDS!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2008

In preparing for our trip to Rome this past March, my sister mentioned that a friend of hers had been able to do an after-hours tour of the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel and that it had been an amazing experience. I went online and researched these opportunities, and found Italy With Us. They run these tours about once a week (usually Saturday evening) and they are extremely costly - 250 Euros per person for us - but my mom, sister and I did it the very first day we arrived in Rome and it was undoubtedly the highlight of our time there.

The tour runs from about 6 PM to 9 PM, and you literally are one of a handful of people walking through the Vatican Museums on a private, guided tour. You see the Map Room, the Raphael Rooms, the Sistine Chapel, and other places - along with priceless works of art, tapestries, etc. The tour provides a wealth of information about all of the pieces you're viewing, and the lack of crowds allows you to examine each and every piece at your own pace, closely, without being jostled, hurried, or generally annoyed. You're escorted the entire way by a group of security guards, who are generally friendly and don't yell at you when you linger or fall a little behind.

The highlight of the tour was, for us, the Sistine Chapel - instead of it being wall-to-wall people where you have to stand there and just crane your neck, we could literally walk around, sit, and enjoy the amazing frescoes. We had about 25 minutes there and as you can see from the pictures, we had the place entirely to ourselves. Also, the security guards allowed us to take all the pictures we wanted of the Sistine Chapel (and throughout the entire tour). They didn't even yell when people used their flashes!

The trip to Rome was a surprise for my mom, and we planned this as a "once in a lifetime" activity - though I know if my parents go back, my mom would take my dad in a second. We kept saying throughout the trip how cool that experience was - and even though we were dead tired when we started the tour because we'd just gotten into Europe from the U.S., it was an absolute highlight. It's a splurge, but totally worth it to have the opportunity to enjoy parts of the Vatican Museum without the crowds, noise, and queueing that is commonplace during the day.

All I can say is - go!