“A nice place for a quick and easy meal” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Osteria Pucci

Osteria Pucci
Piazza Mastai, 00153 Rome, Italy (Trastevere)
+39 06 5819870
Improve this listing
Reserve with
Osteria Pucci is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,765 of 8,552 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Trastevere
“A nice place for a quick and easy meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012 via mobile

We visited Pucci on our fist night in Rome as we're recommended there by our B&B host who says she eats there all the time. We travelled in May so it wasn't overly busy so we had great service. One of the waiters spoke very good English so he seem to be assigned to us after the first waiter walked away a little confused. No problem, we're in their country after all! Everything was nice, but not fantastic. Great place for a cheap and easy meal of decent quality. I found my pasta a little salty but nice enough, but my husband really enjoyed his clam dish followed by a lasagna. I would recommend this restaurant for exactly what it's supposed to be...a little local Osteria.

London, United Kingdom
“Basic and bland”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

We went here to find shelter from the rain, and it looked cute with a covered outdoor seating area. However, the waiters were clearly too busy so it took ages to order, ages for food to come, and one of our starters was just totally forgotten (and impossible to flag anyone down). They had completely run out of pizza (!) which they didn't tell us until it came time to order, so were then forced to choose pasta dishes rapidly. The food was ok, but nothing special, and nothing compared to other lunches we had had around town, and felt like more of a tourist trap than a decent restaurant.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Newton, MA
“The mixed reviews are well deserved!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

We ordered a botle of wine. A different kind of wine was brought. The server had to get the manager, who explained they were out of the wine on the menu, so he gave us something similar (but a different kind of wine). He then took our order. He suggested an appetizer. We declined. He said you must try it. We politely said no. He said we must try it, "It is on me." OK, I really don't want to fight. You know the rest of the story is he charged us for the appetizer, which he did remove when I asked about it. The food was good, not great. We were warned to always check you bil in Italy. I pass that advice on to everyone. There are some good restaurants in Travestere. I would not hurry to this one.

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Atlanta, Georgia
“A wonderful find, treated like family...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012

My wife and I had a simply wonderful dining experience here during our visit to Rome. We enjoyed a drink before dinner at their bar located across the street. We met the Owner, Aldeno, and had a glass of Prosecco with him at the bar. At the restaurant we were treated like family - appetizers, the pasta course and the main course were awesome. Service was spot on and very friendly. This was our favorite dining experience, and a great value, in Rome.

• Visited January 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“You can find better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

Recently at here with my Roman girlfriend as she wanted to try it, of course all dining experiences are totally subjective. Nice decor, ok food, we had some typical roman food and fish with bacon? A first for me and that why we ordered it, I enjoyed it but it wasn't amazing, good potential combination though.
The cutlery was not clean and the plates we were served our food on were chipped.
For me personally this tells me something about a restaurant at whatever level experience.
The service was sketchy, think they were short staffed.

Seems although they are pitching an offer but not quite pulling it off. Loads of better places in this area, glad we tried it, wont be going back.

5/10