“Great Location, Lovely Area!!!! Can't Wait To Return!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Complimentary bottle of wine
Ranked #84 of 1,263 Hotels in Rome
Fort Myers, Florida, United States
“Great Location, Lovely Area!!!! Can't Wait To Return!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Beautiful hotel. Loved the courtyard for breakfast and relaxing after a day of touring. Very peaceful and tranquil yet close to everything. Staff was amazing and our room was perfect with a balcony overlooking courtyard. I highly recommend this hotel and will return again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

Wow... I LOVED this hotel. And will definately stay here again! This sure is a beautiful boutique hotel and its in the most beautiful location / part of rome. Everything was walking distance and the restaurants surrounding are just devine. The employees were so lovely. Breakfast was delicious, coffee was just perfect, the grounds were kept imaculate... I would highly recommend anyone to stay here. My husband I will DEFINATELY be back some day. What amazing memories we have at this place!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

My teenage daughter and I spend five nights at this hotel in April. It is a lovely oasis away from the hustle and bustle of Rome, off-the-beaten-path in Trastevere. The building is beautiful with a peaceful, tranquil feel (undoubtedly that is why it made a good convent!). Staff is friendly and very helpful. Breakfast is excellent and my daughter still longs for their hot chocolate. Our room was fine - not particularly terrific which is why I didn't give the hotel 5 stars. It was actually a bit noisy at night - our window opened onto street that seemed to get a lot of traffic. Follow others' advice and ask for a room on the central courtyard. Trastevere is a wonderful place to stay - lots of small restaurants, shops, etc. Much more intimate than across the river however it does not have great access to public transportation. We didn't really mind as we enjoyed walking but by the end of the trip, we were hopping in taxis.

Room Tip: Request a room on the central courtyard to avoid street noise at night.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Milan, Italy
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

My stay here was simply the worst I've ever had in a hotel, be it 4 or 3-star.

First of all, while some people like the fact that it spreads out over a wide area rather than vertically, for me it meant that the place was a maze, and aside from the porter showing me to my room the first time I had no idea of how to get around. The place seemed labyrinthine, and I found myself retracing my footsteps across wet courtyards in the rain with my suitcase to then see that other people had taken other dry routes which absolutely had not been shown to me and which weren't indicated anywhere. The only basic directions anywhere were that 0 on the lift actually meant first floor, 1 meant second and so on, which was great.

Then, the night there: the room itself was decent enough in that it was nice and had everything you'd need, but I was woken up in the early hours by some drunk people on the nearby street who went on shouting for ages. Once I had fashioned makeshift earplugs I still couldn't get back to sleep, because there was a flash of light every few seconds. I thought I was just going mad until I realised that it was the light on the smoke detector on the ceiling which was clearly far too bright and actually gave enough light for me to see everything in the room despite the darkness. I've never seen anything so ridiculous in my life. I didn't sleep at all and then felt terrible all day the next day.

Then, the breakfast was a bit all over the place since nothing had a sign on it to specify what it was (juices and water etc.) which seems a bit miserable for €140 a night. Then, when I was checking out they didn't actually ask how my stay was which is the standard in any decent hotel anywhere on the planet.

All in all it was just terrible.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Rome
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

Donna Camilla Savelli is a treasure. I don't think I'll ever stay anywhere else in Rome. IT's out of the busy streets around Trastevere, but just a ten minute walk or ride to be back to that zone. The staff and the architecture and the decor take you back to an earlier time in Rome's history, a combination of luxury and ascetics. The building is beautiful - if you have a choice, choose the second floor room with a balcony overlooking Rome below and the central courtyard garden. There is a fantastic restaurant a few doors down that the staff recommended - not to be missed.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

Toulouse, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

16th century convent in Trastevere area with a beautiful building and courtyard. We stayed 3 nights in March 2014. The service was fantastic, room was very nice, breakfast was great and everything about the hotel was perfect. Our room was large by Europe standards and had a king size bed. Trastevere is a less touristy area of Rome with many small restaurants, bars and shops close by the hotel. It is about 20 min walk to the Vatican and 20-25 min to middle of Rome. We have stayed in hotels all over Europe and consider this one very special. This will be the only place we will stay in Rome on future visits.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 1st floor, not a great view but room was large with comfortable king size bed,
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Mandello del Lario, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

The entrance makes you feel you are entering a church, and actually nuns still live in this monastery that is also an hotel. The service is perfect, and so are the rooms. To bad Wifi is only in the lobby. There is a nicely kept garden, and some available meeting rooms. High floors room enjoy a fantastic view of Rome.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Been to VOI Donna Camilla Savelli Hotel? Share your experiences!