“Wonderful Meal” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ai Villini

Ai Villini
Via Marcantonio Colonna, 48, Rome, Italy (Prati)
Website
Neighborhood: Prati
Toronto, Canada
“Wonderful Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed a sumptuous lunch at this traditional, small, family run, lovely trattoria. If you would like a carefully prepared, home-made, genuine Roman meal, I highly recommend this restaurant. Unlike the tourist traps near the monuments, this restaurant offers honest, delicious food at fair prices. We ordered the delicately fried tiny sardines, which were scrumptious, as well as a platter of vegetables and the special, seasonal salad. Of course, the pasta was perfect. Don't miss an opportunity to enjoy an exceptional meal at reasonable prices. The servers were friendly and helpful.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Bolton, UK
“Our best meal in Rome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

This restaurant defies the saying "don't judge a book by its cover". Earlier in the day we walked passed it and had a chuckle to our selves as it was out dated and empty. Later on that evening after a recommendation from our B&B owner Luca from Rome Armony Suites we were eating in there and enjoying our best meal of our trip.

This is not a fancy restaurant, but what it does have is a really nice family feel to it and some of the best cooked authentic food you'll have whilst in Rome. This is where locals will go with their family, it's not your everyday tourist trap.

Everything that we ordered was top notch, if I was to recommend any dish it would be the carbonara. It's not what you'd usually expect but it will blow your taste buds away!

Also quite rare for Rome, the drinks were an absolute bargain, I think the Birra Moretti was 2.50 Euros. So you're going to have a fantastic meal, the drinks will be flowing and you won't have to empty your wallet in the process.

So if you do pass it please don't laugh it off as we did, go in and enjoy the best meal you'll have in Rome!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Tiramisu so good I had to have it twice again!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

A warm an friendly welcome, carbonarra to die for and tiramisu so good I had to have try it twice - again
just to make sure I wasn't dreaming, what more can I say.

Visited October 2013
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
“Delicious, great value food and friendly service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We visited for lunch and really enjoyed it. We had authentic Roman carbonara....which was delicious....washed down with very reasonable priced wine. Service was very friendly. We would recommend this restaurant and hope to visit again one day!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Food just ok with a terrible service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

We went to this restaurant because by the outside seemed to be a family restaurant, that usually means good local and home-made like food with good prices. The price is ok, and the food is just ok as well. For a restaurant that have a recognition of Trip Advisor in the door, it has very poor (terrible!) service. They gave me the English menu, and I ordered a starter that should have some samples of cold meat + fried vegetables for 8€. However we only had the meet slices by the very same price! When I asked about the vegetables the guy looked at the menu and said "no more", meaning that they didn't serve the vegetables anymore... (I must say that it was a little bit strange, you know). Besides, the staff is not very polite. In short, I don't recommend here there is a lot of better options nearby. RUN!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere