“WONDERFUL hospitality and EXCELLENT, fresh food!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Seattle
“WONDERFUL hospitality and EXCELLENT, fresh food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Vicenzo and family run a FABULOUS restaurant with WONDERFUL hospitality and EXCELLENT, fresh food. The fresh seafood was swimming just hours before. They also easily accomodate dietary restrictions, and with advance notice they can make almost anything you want. This restaurant is NOT to be missed when you are in Procida! Don't forget to try the Lemoncello too, the best we had anywhere! We ate here 3-times, and definitely give it 5-STARS!!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Fell inlove... ;) Great food, amazing setting, lovely service, good price..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

The love of my life and I had fallen inlove with the movie il postino, so he surprised me and took me thousands of miles to this beautiful serene island and the restaurant? I loved it! Here's why
The location? Absolutely stunning, on the tiny island of Procida, the restaurant sits on the Corricella marina overlooking the old fishing harbour, looking over the Tyrrhenian Sea...if you're a romantic you'll love this setting.
Imagine sitting outside on the terrace, the surroundings so quiet so sublime, the splashes of the water on the fishing boats so sharp, the light autumn breeze billowing, whilst digging into the mouthwatering beatrice fusilli with gorgeous light tasty clams and the vino casa...

..So the location is great, the food is so fresh and light yet so tasty! If you appreciate great quality food, tastes that will excite the senses, you will appreciate this!

But then there's also the service, they were literally so attentive!! I can't explain! Attentive and considerate! We absolutely loved it. Procida was beautiful but because I wanted to come back to Il Postino we stayed there even longer! We were there 3days, twice for dinner, once for lunch :)

It seemed like the restaurant was a family run, the two older men the grandparents, the owner the busy son, his wife and another lady cooking, and the cute little baby and grandma. :)

We just loved it! Twice we had the Beatrice pasta and clams! (I forgot what it was keep wanting to recreate it - too busy eating!) and the "mama" pomodoro sauce pasta. The third time we had these fresh giant shrimps...yum yum

Thank you to the staff of Il Postino!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lausanne, Switzerland
“Try the local specialty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

We had a lemon granita and a lingue di bue. Please try it, it's amazing! It's a puff pastry filled with a lemon cream... The bar is right in the middle of the charming port of Corricella, and displays interesting pictures of the Postino movie which was partly filmed in the local.

Visited September 2012
New York
“Nice family restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

I really enjoyed this little place. The food was great. The service was fantastic. The marina was filled with people yet it felt peaceful and tranquil. I really recommend this little restaurant. I had a great seafood lunch and my friend had this fantastic pasta dish that was to die for!!!

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Miami Beach, Florida
“Great great restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011

Imprssed by e service and the menu. I would Dfinetely recommend!

Visited September 2011