“Really glad we found this place in Pompei, and the reception person Jlenia great!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Albergo Pace Pompei

You added Albergo Pace Pompei to your Saves list
Albergo Pace Pompei
1.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Sacra 29, 80045 Pompeii, Italy   |
Ranked #12 of 23 Hotels in Pompeii

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
cambridge
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

We have just returned from a 5 day stay in the Naples area, 3 nights staying at the Alberto Pace in Pompei. We chose the hotel to fit our budget and also because it offered car parking. We struggled to find it initially, but thanks to a restaurant owner who actually despatched a waiter on a scooter to show us the way (this really did sum up the people of pompei), we found it. It is an excellent location just a few hundred yards from the TrenItalia railway station (further from the Circumvesuvia station, and a long walk from the Scavi stop on that line) and just a few hundred yards from the main square.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The little maps they provide are very helpful and the staff are knowledgable. The room itself was pleasant and comfortable although a touch basic.There is a nice roof terrace to sit out on. The room overlooks the nice green courtyard that is the entrance to the hotel. This was very nice and made the hotel nice and quiet. The only reason for stopping short at 4 stars is that basic facilities were not available, such as a kettle and tea/ coffee, or even some glasses. This made the roof terrace a bit less pleasant as a glass of wine was not easy!

Pompei itself was the big surprise. We based ourselves in Pompei to avoid the bustle of Naples or th cost of Sorrento and then visted the ruins at both Pompei and Ercolano. What we expected was tourist town. We were very wrong; clearly the area alongside the rins has the souvenir stals you'd expect, but the rest of the town is a thriving community with its own identity. The people were delightful and very welcoming. The central square is alive in the evenings and it is generally a very pleasant place to spend time. Others have found Pompei to be less appealing, but I personally preferred it to Sorrento as its identity was stronger. We visited mid-October and enjoyed great weather and a busy, thriving but not tourist-choked town.

We will definitely return, and would use Albergo Pace again. We'll just take some glasses and a travel kettle next time!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Coventry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

This little hotel is just perfect: excellent location (within walking distance you find everything: the ruins, the bus to the Vesuvius, the station for an evening in Naples, the Cathedral, the shops), very spacious room and excellent breakfast (I am Italian, trust me when i say it was lovely caffe', cappuccino e cornetto!). Staff was very friendly and helpful too, which helps! Monia and David

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Brighton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

Lovely little hotel. Right in the town centre and very close to the ruins, it is situated within a garden down an alleyway so is well away from the main road. All the staff were charming and helpful, and spoke good English and other languages. They were helpful with local information and advice, and could book excursions for us if required - for example the bus up Mount Vesuvius.
Accommodation is basic but completely adequate, and our room and bathroom were clean upon arrival and cleaned daily, new towels daily etc.
Breakfast is Italian-style, with perfect coffee and a wide range of cakes and filled sweet croissants. Also yoghurts and cereals.
There is a lovely roof-terrace with chairs and tables, and a garden with lemon-tree and black cat.

Room Tip: Only about nine rooms in the hotel. We were upstairs and pleased with our room and view. No balcon...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Hershey, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

This hotel was a very pleasant surprise. Very small, about ten rooms, we had a room on the ground floor off the courtyard. The hotel is located down an alley off a major street. We did not hear many traffic sounds, though we heard the bells of the church, being only a half block from it. The queen bed was reasonably comfortable, the bathroom was fine, we had a small sitting area and a nice window into the courtyard. This was the cheapest place we stayed in all of Italy, and it included breakfast! It was close to the train station, - we had no car - close to the amphitheater entrance of ancient Pompei, and close to restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Napier, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

In 10 months of travel through Italy, Spain, Turkey and now India, this is the only time I felt ripped off by my accommodation.

I accidentally double booked 5 nights with this hotel with both booking.com and venere.com. When I arrived I was informed I had double booked and would have to pay for two rooms. This was wintertime, low season and the hotel was not nearly full. After conversations with the management he told me I was a nice person and he wouldn't charge me double...and that I could write a nice review for Trip Advisor. I was so grateful not to be charged double, I indeed wrote a great review.

One week later, after my review was published, my credit card was charged for another 5 nights. In subsequent e-mails ( difficult with their limited English) I was made to understand that I had not cancelled the double booking and was therefore liable, even though there website states one night will be charged in the case of a no show. I then withdrew the Trip Advisor review. Trip advisor requires a two month wait if you wish to make another review on the same place, hence I am now writing this one.

The moral of the story: if you double book make sure to cancel yourself, do not rely on the hotel to do it for you and do not trust the word of the management of this hotel in particular.

Further, customer care at booking.com was excellent and customer care at venere.com NEVER responded to any emails.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Heiloo, Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

I didn’t like the albergo a lot. The room was spacious enough but the bathroom has seen better days, say, 20 years ago? See the picture of the mouldy shower. There was a not so clean looking shower mat I tried to avoid. I used my bath slippers in the bathroom at all times - which is a good idea anyway, but still. When I visited it was very quiet in the hotel and I had breakfast by myself several times. One of the breakfast staff would stay downstairs with me, maybe in case I needed something. She was doing dishes – there was nothing else to do - which I did not like: the noise plus it made me feel uncomfortable. Breakfast was poor with just biscuits and crackers and dry cake, nothing fresh or savoury. All the staff were friendly and there is a nice garden area but there was nowhere private. The excavations at Pompeii are the best, I spent two full days checking everything out.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo

Been to Albergo Pace Pompei? Share your experiences!