“Pleasant and Nice” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 23 hotels in Pompeii
Kuala Lumpur
“Pleasant and Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I chose this newly refurbished hotel due to the price and the excellent location - right opposite the Pompeii ruins. The room is large and comes with a balcony, but the facilities in the bathroom can be improved. Some of the furniture looks and feels a bit old. But whatever that's lacking in the `hardware' is made up of the very helpful and courteous services. The porter is very attentive and helpful since I was a single women traveller. The reception area and the restaurant are also spacious and comfortable. Overall, a pleasant stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

131 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Greek first
Helsinki
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

At the end of our vacation we had decided to see Pompeii ruins once more. Last time we experienced it had been nine years earlier. We booked tha last two nights in Pompeii and the choice of the hotel became Hotel del Sole for three reasons - location, wifi and parking!

We arrived directly from Calabria having been driving more than six hours. The receprionist immediately showed us the way to the free parking place behind the building. She told me to drive there and she would open the gate. When driving in there there was a "bell-boy" waiting for us and helped us with our luggage. We got a room in third floor with a balcony facing east - which was a relief on a very hot and sunny day. We could have the doors open to the balcony. On the other side it would have been impossible because of the evening sun.

The room was very clean and newly painted. We had a comfortable double bed and the bathroom was roomy enough with a roomy shower too. The only thing I missed in our room was more than one chair and maybe chairs to the balcony too.

The breakfast was very basic but enough. Also bread and butter with ham and cheese too, fruit, tomatoes, cuecumber. This was a big plus having had only sweet croissant breakfasts in Calabria for the last week.

The Pompeii ruins are just across the road and the amphitheatre entrance is only a few steps away from this hotel.

The atmosphere in the hotel in one of an old hotel - very good! And we paid for two nights with breakfast, internet and parking only 98 euros.

Room Tip: As I told already we liked the room facing east - the number of our room was 31.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I stayed at The Hotel Del Sole from the 1st June till the 6th. I had originally booked The Apolo, but the feed back over the past few weeks really put me off. I was looking for somewhere to stay for 5 nights so that I could easily visit the Pompeii Ruins, I was travelling on my own as the wife will not stay by a Volcano, especially one that is still smoking!
Price did matter as it was not going to be a main holiday, the Apolo was the cheapest but. you could see why with all the comments.
The Hotel Del Sole sits right across the road from the ruins Porta Stabia Gate, you can walk over the road before breakfast collect your ticket before all the queues start so later on you can just walk in, I am lucky as I am over 65 I can get into any of the sites free of charge.
There was only one feedback for the hotel which was a positive one so I took the chance. I can honestly say that I could not find a fault with this little hotel exept that there was hardly anyone staying there. It was spotlessly cleanthe decor was good the room was seviced every day with clean towels etc the maid even left a few sweets on a little dish, the bed looked like it had been changed every day it was made so well.
The Staff were excellent Rosanna and Eva especially. I arrived on the 1st of June which was my birthday, within 20min there was a knock on the door and Eva stood there with a tray of small cakes a candle and a drink of wine, Rosanna (who speeks very good English) had seen my date of birth on my Passport!
How this little Hotel does not have more Feedback on Trip Adviser I do not know. It is not a 4 star or tries to be, but it is a very nice hotel, you have a balcony some looking over the Ruins and Mount Vesovio others looking over the garden, Breakfast was typical Italian sorry no bakon eggs mostly sweet cakes, but there was some cold meats and cheese I will hopefully go back some day.
Just one small thing,, Rosanna,s mother was as beautiful as her daughter but dont tell the wife!!!

Room Tip: Ask for one overlooking the Ruins
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Been to Hotel del Sole? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel del Sole

Address: Via Plinio, 19, 80045 Pompeii, Italy
Location: Italy > Campania > Province of Naples > Pompeii
Bar / Lounge Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Wheelchair access
Ranked #7 of 23 hotels in Pompeii
Hotel Class:3 star — Hotel del Sole 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Hotel del Sole reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Hotel del Sole, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.