“Relax and warm welcome” 5 of 5 stars

Diomede 6, 80045 Pompeii, Italy   |
Rome, Italy
“Relax and warm welcome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

This B&B is a really good place to stay as the owners are really nice and try to make you feel as good as possible. Very good meal with fresh products and home made. The swimming pool is really nice and you are very close from Pompei and the train station, also to take the ferry boat to go to the islands from Sorrento. I recommend it !

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

We chose this place because of its proximity to the ruins at Pompeii. It is perfectly situated for this purpose, a short 7 minute walk to the entrance. Parking is available in the gated property. The owners will offer to provide meals for you, lunch and/or dinner. Breakfast is already included. We stayed one day, and ate all 3 meals here, and coffee in the afternoon. For a family of four (children aged 14 and 11), the extra two meals ended up costing an extra 86 euros - we found out when we received our final bill as we were checking out. That included one bottle of home-made wine - we brought our own drinks otherwise. The room we got had two sets of bunk beds and one double bed. It was raining so we didn't use the pool, though it looked pretty. We recommend this property for a short visit to visit the ruins, which are well worth seeing.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights and it was just the best place possible to stay ever! The place had a lovely pool and covered deck area for relaxing and also for eating the very best Italian food for dinner. It is home made by the family who are really expert chefs! Family atmosphere and accommodating staff will make you feel at home and safe! I cant recommend it highly enough! But in summer be prepared for the heat in Pompeii and wait for it to cool down by the pool! Thankful I came upon this wonderful place!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Bucharest
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Lovely little house 10 min walking distance of Pompeii scavi and train station. Very good quality, traditional Italian food, cooked to your request. Good swimming pool, after 4 hours Pompeii visit Perfect ratio quality-price. Benessere family speaks English and French. Very friendly and helpful.Recommended !!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here as a family of four in the bedroom in the garden.
Lovely friendly people, excellent value for money and a pool. What more can you ask for €25 per person.
Food in the evening was prepared by the owners and was simple, fresh and lovely. As good as any food we had in Italy!

• Stayed August 2012
Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

This hostel was amazing! I was joining two friends for the Italy part of their interrailing trip and, having never stayed in a hostel before, wasn't quite sure what to expect! But I would say that this hostel, if you weren't having to share rooms, is far more like a hotel. It was so clean compared to where we moved to on the Amalfi Coast afterwards, and far cheaper! The owners were also really helpful and friendly and the food was AMAZING! On the first night we weren't hungry enough for the three course meal so I just had a starter (mozzarella, meat, veg etc) which was definitely one of the best things I've ever eaten. Breakfast was by the pool and was lovely too, as was the pool itself. I would recommend this hostel to anyone travelling around this area!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
London, UK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

I read Helens_on_Tour's review with much agreement and support her 'Approach with caution' warning wholeheartedly.

We booked a private ensuite room for a romantic vacation for 9 July through Venere. Due to some circumstances we had to shift our reservation back by a day to 10 July, and I wrote the owner a month in advance asking if that would be a problem, and offered to cancel and rebook the reservation on Venere. He assured us that everything will be okay, dismissed my concerns and proceeded to tout his hostel's restaurant options.

We arrived at the hostel on 10 July and was ushered to a dormitory for 3 people with no bathroom. When we tried to say that we had booked a private ensuite, the owner dismissed us and insisted that this was the room we booked. Good thing we printed out our reservation email from Venere! Faced with printed proof, he disappeared into another room for a long time, before coming back and telling us that it was our fault because we had moved the reservation back a day, and he was doing us a favor by giving us a room. He even went as far as to tell us we are making a fuss about nothing since he was kind enough not to put another person in the triple with us! We were offput but decided not to argue since all we wanted was a romantic and relaxed vacation. So we asked for two of the single beds to be joined together - if you can believe it, the owner said 'no' and left the room. A while later he came back and said, 'fine, we can join the beds' - and proceeded to make a creepy joke about how he should be sleeping on the third bed with us in the same room.

He also showed us the shared bathroom, which he claimed no one else will be using so it would 'almost be like ensuite private'. In actuality, everyone from the hotel staff to guests in other rooms stopping by on their way to the pool used the bathrooms. To make matters worse, people tried to come into the unlocked bathroom all the time while I was on the toilet or changing.

Room dissatisfaction aside, I would have to say the proximity of the location to the train station was quite misleading. From the Pompeii Scavi train station, the hostel is good 20 min trek uphill with luggage, right to the other side of the train tracks. Oh yes, the train tracks - you're right next to the train tracks, so you get to time the Naples-bound trains every time they approach and leave the station.

To set things in context, I would say this could be a very nice place indeed. The pool was a huge plus, even though it seemed a little dirty when we got in, we saw the owner cleaning the pool the next morning so it would appear that the pool gets some cleaning on a semi-regular basis. It was definitely amazing to come in and have a dip in the pool after a hot day at the ruins or up Vesuvius, and the owners were nice enough to let us have a dip in the pool and shower after checking out and leaving luggage with them.

It was also very nice that they serve meals inhouse - this was less of a restaurant than the owners cooking up a plate of pasta for you, but it was a great set up because they serve meals by the pool inside a nice little area, which was very relaxing and lovely. The pool area is right behind the bedrooms, so it was very convenient to pop in and dry off after the pool, come back out to eat and chill by the moonlight by the pool. Be aware though - there isn't a menu, so the owners just cook whatever they feel like and serve you. For example, even though I wanted the seafood pasta that the owner said they do, they ended up just serving two plates of pasta with cold meatballs to our table. When we inquired, they just said 'it's pasta' and when we asked for the meatballs to be heated up, they said 'this is the way we eat it.' To be fair though, the pasta was tasty once you get past the cold meatball and 'I wonder what this is' part.

All in, I would say that this is a nice property if not for the general feeling that I had somehow been cheated of what I booked and paid for and was expecting. In truth, this is a cheap room, the meals were quite cheap (do try the large appetizer the owner touts, it is indeed large and quite delicious), and the owners were accommodating (if a little creepy - I was not excited about how he kept putting his hands on my girlfriend, touching her shoulders, back of her head, while talking about sharing the triple room with us; nor was I psyched to see him in his underwear while cleaning the pool). I do wish he had given us a discount on the price of the room after he promised he would upon seeing our disappointed faces when we checked in. I wish the property was as close to the train station as advertised. I also wish the AC worked - the AC apparently goes off when you turn off the lights - which seems like a great energy-saving device for when guests leave the room, BUT NOT WHEN YOU ARE TRYING TO SLEEP AT NIGHT. We had quite an uncomfortable night trying to squeeze in one tiny single bed, while the AC kept going off so much so that we slept for half the night with the lights on so the AC would keep going. Also - someone sleeps on the couch at check-in at night, so we got a huge fright while going to the bathroom at night and encountering the mystery sleeper.

I can't say this is a terrible property - the pool was very nice, the place is cheap, the owners accommodating. I do feel like they don't really care very much about YOU - what you booked, what you want, what you expected. And I didn't enjoy the whole 'we're doing you a favor, just take the room' attitude. I did make a change to the reservation, but I wrote a month in advance and the least the owner could do in reply was to tell me the room I booked was no longer available, he will shift me somewhere else - and let me decide if I wanted to keep the reservation. Instead, he tried to keep the booking, let me believe I was coming to a private ensuite bedroom, and then gave me terrible attitude when we barely even kicked up a fuss.

FYI - there is a beautiful property half the distance to Easy Bed (at the start of the hill) - called Villa dei Misteri Motel, which seems to have a larger and nicer pool than Easy Bed, which I wished I had booked every time I passed it to go to Easy Bed. Try that one.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Easy Bed Hostel Pompei? Share your experiences!