“Awesome Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 189 Hotels in Naples
Pune, India
“Awesome Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights. It's easily accessible from the main station though it was a slight pain to drag our strolley till the hotel as there were patched of big cobbled stones on streets. Piazza Bellini proved to be our best hotel stay in our entire Italy trip. What a fantastic hotel at this price! The rooms are spacious. A variety and delicious spread of buffet made our mornings energetic and happier to explore Naples.
Keep it up! I hope they maintain their standard over the years.
Just a minor glitch was a tiny vibrating bleep that used to come from the locker sometimes. But that was overlooked by the comfort and breakfast we got.

Room Tip: We were given a room on 5th floor which was not overlooking the street, so there was no disturbance.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

Myself and a few friends stayed here recently and we loved it. There were a few hiccups in booking and we got upgraded to lovely room with sitting area and separate bedroom. The gated courtyard was great and I liked the style of the hotel and breakfast room.

I loved the piazza at night turning into a great drinking spot and local pizzerias were great. Also I recommend hiring a local guide for your of city ... I learned so much and it helped me fall for quite a mad and chaotic (and graffitied) place.

Stayed August 2014
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

This hotel is in a very good location as others have commented. The hotel is very clean, communal areas lovely and staff nice and helpful. Overall however, I think it rather over does style over substance. The beds are not massive, the room a bit cramped but my main gripe/warning is the number of small neon lights in the room from the air con, smoke alarm, electric box etc. I know this is not a problem for everyone but it means at night the room has a glow and flash that I don't think is conducive for a good sleep. All in all, I would recommend the hotel but not if you aren't a great sleeper!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights during July 2014. Very modern hotel, clean & nicely furnished. Great location, nearby the street with many great pizzerias. Breakfast was good & staff would make proper espresso style coffee on request. Our room was nice & quiet and had lovely views across Naples. I'd highly recommend this hotel to others.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

We were in Naples two nights on our way South. This was a very cool hip hotel in what was a happening neigborhood. Now I was traveling with my two college age sons so they were in nirvana. Not to say I missed the pomp and circumstance of a Ritz Carlton, but it crossed my mind. Staff was extremely helpful, rooms were very nice in a trendy way. The air worked, a very important item not to be taken lightly in the Italian summer. (Italy should import engineers from Phoenix and Dallas to straighten out the air conditioning and the country would be perfect.). The baths were great. All in all a very good value in a very hip yet convenient neighborhood with all the amenities us Americans have come to expect.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

We booked two nights here to end our two week tour around Italy. This was by far the nicest hotel we stayed in during our trip. Staff very friendly and accommodating, due to another guest staying longer we were upgraded one night to a large loft room. Energy efficient rooms, you need to insert your key card while in the room to operate the AC--- very smart.
Wonderful breakfast, unfortunately our flight leaves too early for us to have a second breakfast. If we were ever to return to Naples this is the place we would stay. The city of Naples leaves a lot to desire, loads of potential, but trash and graffiti ruin it.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Beaumont, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I stayed at Hotel Piazza Bellini for 4 nights in June. I had a superior room with a patio on the top floor.

The hotel is a peaceful oasis in the chaos of Naples. The hotel is very safe with a gated courtyard and they close the main wooden door at midnight. So if you have to leave at 5:00 a.m. as I did to catch your flight someone from the front desk opens it for you and waits for the taxi with you. It was very attentive and appreciated.

The breakfast is very good with fruit, pastries, cheese, etc.

I had a room with a patio and a view of the Vesuvius and the bay of Naples. I was amazing! The patio was huge with a table and 2 chairs. The room itself was on the small side and minimalist but was well appointed and had a safe and a fully stocked mini fridge. No noise at night and comfy beds!

It was not as clean as other hotels in the Middle and Northern Italy, but it was excellent by Naples standards which is full of graffiti and not very clean but for some reasons it was one of my favorite city in Italy. Very authentic. Very Italian. The most welcoming people I met in Italy (including Florence and Rome).

The location of the hotel is excellent within walking distance of the Archeologico Museum, Metro entrance, restaurants and stores. A taxi from the airport is around 15 Euro. I would not recommend driving in Naples. Even the taxi ride was an experience itself! A white knuckles ride!

I would recommend Hotel Piazza Bellini and if possible, splurge on a superior room with a patio. The view well worth it! And if you book via their website you get free wifi, a free drink and a souvenir pasta gift.

Room Tip: Splurge on a room with a patio and a view of the Vesuvius and the bay of Naples. It is simply amazin...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Piazza Bellini? Share your experiences!