“Disappointing this time” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #155 of 189 Hotels in Naples
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Disappointing this time”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel before and found it very pleasant. This time I was alarmed that the first floor appeared to be like a hostel. When I came downstairs I found all of the bedroom doors open and groups of men( some of whom seemed to be workers from the street outside) in each room and on the landing. I use stairs instead of lifts. If I had used the lift I would have been unaware of these men.
I found this a bit threatening. It would be interesting to hear the manager's account of what these men were doing there.

The breakfast was not 4 star standard. It was entirely self service with a coffee machine which you would expect to find in a one or two star hotel. The coffee did not taste good. The orange "juice" was not juice but an orange flavoured drink.
All in all I was disappointed. I have stayed in all of the hotels in Piazza Garibaldi . On this occasion Sant Angelo was the cheapest but I would choose to pay a little more next time and go to the Star Terminus or Una.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2011 via mobile

I recently stayed on this hotel for a two night break in Naples. When I arrived I was shocked at it's location which is filthy and felt extremely unsafe even entering the hotel. There was no parking facilities and I had to pay €15 a night for secure parking.
The rooms are dirty with dirty carpets, bed spreads and walls.
After going out for dinner on the first evening I arrived back to my room to find the bathroom floor flooded!!! When I informed staff they told me we had caused this even though the water had cone from the piping behind the toilets but the staff had great fun discussing in Italian how we had caused it. When the problem was fixed we were told it was a systems failure. No apology was given.
The breakfast was appalling, dinning area was dirty with cobwebs and dust everywhere!! The whole decor of the hotel does not match pictures and is extremely uninviting!

• Stayed June 2011

Been to Sant'Angelo? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Sant'Angelo

Address: Via Cavagrado | Serrara Fontana, 80070 Naples, Italy
Location: Italy > Campania > Province of Naples > Naples
Ranked #155 of 189 Hotels in Naples
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Sant'Angelo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Sant Angelo Hotel Naples

If you own or manage Sant'Angelo, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.