“Dodgy area, horrible service, smelly rooms.” 2 of 5 stars

Firenze 32 Bed & Breakfast
Firenze 32 Bed & Breakfast
Via Firenze 32, 80139 Naples, Italy   |
Ranked #279 of 352 Naples B&B and Inns
“Dodgy area, horrible service, smelly rooms.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

Really dodgy area. Located in a back alley up 3 flights of stairs. The owner Nicola was pretty unfriendly and very unhelpful. Don't stay here if you're a female on your own.

Room looks ok but the bed is really dusty and smells like cigarettes. Linen quite old. The bathroom smells of the urinal (though unused??).

On the plus Internet is good, there is an air conditioner and its a fair size.

• Stayed December 2012

51 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Kirkcaldy, Scotland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

This was a great hostel, however located in a dodgy area of town. This didn't bother me, it was a place to sleep and then go exploring. The rooms were clean with private bathroom and cleaned every day.
Breakfast consisted for an espresso, jam & toast and a croissant, delivered between 8-10am. You put the time you want it on a board the night before.
The hostel is located about 2 minutes walk from the train station.
Staff were friendly and helpful

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Corpus Christi, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2011

Let me start by saying, avoid Naples at all costs. The place is absolutely filthy. There are actually massive mounds/mountains of garbage all over the street!

The B&B was decent. First, it was located pretty near the train station, so that was convenient. But, the train station is in the gross part of town. We made the mistake of walking through the streets around the B&B. Head towards the water...much nicer.

The place was easy to find, but its a climb to get to, located 4 flights of stairs up. It's very small with maybe about 6 rooms...but the rooms are nice and spacious. They are so nice, they bring you breakfast to your room at a time that you request. Also, there's wifi and they let you use their desk computer.

Bathrooms are private and nice. Beds were comfy. We actually considered, for a moment, staying in the room instead of going out into Garbage Land.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Fribourg, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2010

We travelled with our little baby and we have a very good memorise from this place. It's not so easy to find, that's true, but that's a part of magical amosphere of Napoli, the gloomy backyard, high staircases, elderly nonnas sitting on the balcones and hostels difficult to find. The sevice was very good, we got umbrella, maps and useful tips for discovering the city. they put additional bed for our baby. it's a really good place to stay if somebody travels with children, there is a friendly atmoshere for the families. the only little problem was a lift, which didn't work, so we had to carry the stroller up, but all the rest we find nice.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Budapest, Hungary
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2010

We had spend four nights in this hotel and we were satisfied at all. Location is what you may expect in the neighborhood of the main-station all over the world but we did not feel unsafe or scared. The staff is ok, the service also, comparing the prices you can hardly find better in this area for this price.
Hopefully we will come over again.
Gabor from Hungary

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Italy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2009

Definitely pay attention to this and the other review "Beware of Dishonest Merchant." We booked a room with a credit card through hostelworld.com, which puts a 10% charge for a deposit on the card. When we arrived, they tried to charge us more than the rate we booked, then after showing them our booking, they gave us the original rate and we paid in cash. Then, by chance, I looked at my credit card statement that afternoon and saw that they charged us for the room on the card. When we brought it to their attention they said they thought we were another couple who didn't show so they charged out card for all three nights (standard hostelworld practice is that they charge no-shows for the first night). They said they would fax a reversal request immediately and that it would take three days. Unfortunately I didn't get a copy of the fax, but I did get a receipt for the cash payment. Needless to say, a month later, the charge has not been reversed and I've written them three emails with no replies. After the first two emails I called them and was told to send an email, which I did, and they did not reply. Now whenever I call either the phone rings, is picked up, and immediately hung up or the line is busy. I'll have to go through the hassle now of going through my credit card company to get my $200 back. MAKE SURE THEY DON'T HAVE ANY ACCESS TO YOUR CREDIT CARD DETAILS

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2009

There is only one good thing about Firenze 32 Bed & Breakfast, its proximity to the Napoli Train Station.
Other than that it was one bad experience after another. We managed to find the hostel after circling the block for 20 mins. This place is not obvious from the main street. The room was basic, the breakfast was basic, the service was basic, etc. The male receptionist could hardly speak English. Our real problem started when we checked out of the hostel. I saw a credit charge on my credit card bill when I returned to my country. I liase with the B & B to clear the misunderstanding. At first, they claim we checked out late and refused to refund us even though we had paid cash for the remaining amount. The B & B finally agreed to do a refund through my bank account after I sought the help of the hostelworld to help me mediate with the B & B. I wanted a credit reversal through my credit card and gave my credit card company instructions to help me process the credit reversal. Now, I just received a letter from my credit card company saying that the B & B claimed that I was a no show, so they had to charge me for the amount. The B & B kept changing their story of why they charged me. This is definitely a fraudulent and dishonest way of running the business. Stay at Firenze 32 Bed & Breakfast at your own risk!!!!

• Stayed December 2008, traveled with friends

Been to Firenze 32 Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!