“Wonderful host, very helpful, friendly and eager to assist.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bonapace Porta Nolana Bed & Breakfast

You added Bonapace Porta Nolana Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
Bonapace Porta Nolana Bed & Breakfast
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   via S. Cosmo fuori Porta Nolana 4, 80142 Naples, Italy (Mercato)   |
Ranked #170 of 406 Naples B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Wonderful host, very helpful, friendly and eager to assist.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2011

I arrived in a strange city I had never visited before and was very unfamiliar with both my surroundings and the general neighbourhood. I was welcomed by a very kind English speaking host, Alessandra, who then proceeded to go to great lengths to help me with my itinerary and with arrangements to visit nearby Pompei the following day. I would definitely stay at B&B Bonapace again and I have no hesitation in recommending this to other travellers who are looking for a safe and quiet place to stay in what appears to be a daunting city and at a reasonable price.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011

My partner and I had an extra night at the end of our holiday walking the Amalfi coast and booked into the Bonapace B&B in Naples in order to be near the station for an early start to the airport the following morning. We made the booking over a month in advance, which was confirmed by Alessandra by email. A week before our departure she emailed again asking for our arrival time and our mobile phone numbers so they could be sure to be there on our arrival. When we arrived, we climbed the two floors to the appartment to be greeted by Alessandra who shook us by the hand and welcomed us to Naples. She then told us that she did not have a room for us. When I produced the confirmation from her she said well that was then and this is now and these things happen. She fobbed us off to another hotel on what must have been the noisiest street in Naples and which was not very clean. Given that it was Easter weekend, we did not have any choice but to take the alternative. Alessandra had both our email and phone numbers and clearly chose to take a more lucrative booking and disregard us. Be warned!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2011

Had an excellent stay at this very friendly B&B. Donnatella really looked after us, giving us directions and tips. Our room was a haven away from the crazy city of Naples and was clean and comfortable. Breakfast of tea/ coffee with bread and jam was basic, but all that we needed to start the day. Entry into the accommodation could be off putting, but once inside everything was fine. The location is within 10 minutes of the main train station and just around the corner to the station to take you to Pompeii. I would thoroughly recommend this B&B and for the rate of just 45 euro per night, was exceptional value for money

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Helsinki, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2011

The B&B Porta Nolana has the best hosts ever. They are very friendly and caring, they even took the time to pick us in the train station! that was great because although the B&B is very near the train station, it is a bit tricky to find it.
The front door is not very pretty, but once you are inside the B&B you feel at home. The rooms are big and comfortable and everything is decorated in a kind of French style, very lovely.
We stayed at the B&B after the Christmas holidays, so during breakfast we had the chance to eat a lot of Pandoro and Panettone, which are unique and delicious Italian speciality.
The B&B offers a very good place to stay at a reasonable price, the only downside is the neighbouring streets which are not very clean and have many merchants, but that's almost unavoidable in Naples.

Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Mexico city
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2011

I was traveling with my wife and before making the reservation I asked them if there was a problem if we arrived late and they said not. But the train arrived 30 minutes late and they didn’t wait for us. It was night and the area is very scary so you wouldn’t want to be there with no place to stay. I called them and they told me it was late and they wouldn’t receive us but wished us luck to find a place to stay! Can’t believe they felt so comfortable leaving us in the street.
Can’t say anything regarding the B&B because we couldn’t get inside but the area is very bad; there are drunks, prostitutes and homeless people around.
I had never had such a bad experience.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Pischella, General Manager at Bonapace Porta Nolana Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, January 13, 2011
Dear Sebastian, we are sorry about what happened but we would like to explain the situation to you. On your reservation we got it was written "time of arrival 20:00". Our last check in time is by 21:00, I waited for you untill 21:30 but after I couldn't wait any more. You arrived at 22:00 / 22:30, you called me but I wasn't at home and I couldn't reach the B&B. So, it is not true that I didn't want to open the door, is that I wasn't there! All the phone calls I got are tranfered to my mobile phone. The Hardest think to remember for our clients is that a B&B is a HOME where people live theire LIFE, it means thay go out, they have children, relatives, they might be busy sometimes with something alse! That's why we always ask the time of arrival and the mobile phone of our clients in order to contact them but in you case we couldn't contact you before your arrival! i suggest you for a next time you reserve a B&B to always contact them about the time of arrival and give them a mobile phone in order to contact you.
I hope you liked our city anyway!

Kind regards.

Alessandra
Honolulu
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2011

Absolutely a must for people who want personalized service, great atmosphere and the spirit of ALOHA in Napoli. Beautiful rooms, convenient to museums, ferry, shopping, dining, and railway. Fascinating neighborhood teeming with life for those who like to People watch. The owner is delightful and the breakfast in the morning gives you an opportunity to meet people from all over the world. It is also the perfect base for POMPEI

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2011

The only reason I have to give 4 stars is because the neighborhood has much to be desired. However, Napoli has its share of bad areas so staying out much after dark was tricky anywhere. The B/B was very hard to find, but once we did, we found it very clean and much nicer than we expected based on previous trips to European cities. The staff was very friendly and even took the time to set with us and plot a travel agenda. The overall location was great for getting in and out of the city to see the various sites around Napoli.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Bonapace Porta Nolana Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!