“OK for airport stopover, nothing else - AVOID TAXIS!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Millennium Gold Hotel

You added Millennium Gold Hotel to your Saves list
Millennium Gold Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Viale Comandante Umberto Maddalena, 192, 80144 Naples, Italy   |
Ranked #125 of 189 Hotels in Naples
“OK for airport stopover, nothing else - AVOID TAXIS!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

We stayed here 1 night as our flight landed too late to catch our connecting transport. This hotel has good and bad points... unfortunately the bad do outweigh any good. I pity anyone who books this hotel for longer than a one night convenience stay!

The GOOD
- staff are friendly and speak English, willing to help if you need it
- very very close to the airport
- breakfast was included

The BAD
- we landed very late at night and did not know the area, so got a cab which cost 25euro for a 3 minute ride (!!!!!!) - absolutely outrageous cost when you see how close the hotel is to the airport in the daylight! shocked that cab drivers can get away with it, they are thieves!

- the area the hotel is in is questionable - rubbish everywhere, very busy traffic and not somewhere you could comfortably walk around

- the walls are PAPER THIN... this is no exaggeration! They may as well not bother with walls at all, you can hear every little thing

- the shower was black with mould

- no tea/coffee facilities in room, although they do stock the mini bar which charges extortionate prices for basic sodas and water

Room Tip: Get a room with no-one on either side as the walls are paper thin.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Abigail I

San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

Millenium Gold is a small hotel very conveniently located in near Naples (Italy) airport, so close that one could actually walk to it. It is a pain hotel, the rooms are not big (but then … it is Europe!) and they are simple. But here is the goo part: the personnel are friendly, the welcome kit is fully equipped, and they provide a good breakfast, all for a moderate price, in view of the excellent location. We arrived in Napoli after too many hours of travel and the (almost) at the airport location was extremely convenient, the surprise was that we also liked the hotel. I totally recommend this hotel in one needs to stay a night or two when passing through Naples.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank laoliland
Cookie014
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

Stayed there while passing thru, waiting for a flight. It was awful. Lets start with the worst location ever! Look like we were in Harlem, (sorry NYers). Filthy, dirty, trash all over the streets. We were hungry, but their only restaurant didn't open till 6:00. So we asked for local menus but was told they frown upon outside food being brought in & they didn't supply menus. It was 2:00 pm & we were starving. They told us to walk down 1-2 blocks for a local pizzeria. We did, took our life in our hands, but it was closed for afternoon Siesta. So we walked back to hotel & waited for the restaurant to open. We were entitled to a complimentary cocktail upon arrival. so, while waiting for restaurant to open we asked the front desk person about it. She walked over to the bar maid and whispered something to her. We did get 1, but had already paid for one & no one even offered up the complimentary cocktail. They made us feel like we were stealing the drink. Asked for extra pillows, never got them. Had to carry our own baggage up the stairs. Room was small but ok for 1 night. I would never return & would urge anyone who's thinking of this hotel, to run the other way!

• Stayed October 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these Naples hotels

Ventura, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Nice, clean airport hotel. Staff was very nice, eager to help. However rooms smell of smoke. The jacuzzi in the bathroom did not work and the shower sprayed everywhere. The restaurant was pleasant, much like an American Denny's. The staff was very nice. However the cab ride was excessively priced. It should have been 10-12 euros, but was 20 for going a few blocks. When I questioned the cab driver he jumped in his car and sped away. In the morning the hotel arranged a 12 euro cab ride, at 5 am. The neighborhood is questionable to say the least, but it looks like most of the area around the airport is similar. Fire crackers seemed to be going off all night. At least I choose to believe that they were fire crackers. In retrospect I wish I had paid the extra cab fare and stayed that last night at a downtown 4-5 star hotel despite a 6 am flight.

Room Tip: Don't bother with the jacuzzi.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

I was looking for where to stay for just one night before my early morning flight and there wasn't much choise there. This hotel is located quite close to the airport but still needed a taxi to get there, although if it wasn't too dark (and dangerouse coz it's Napoli:)) in the early morning i would go walking maybe, they said it was 20 min walking. The hotel itself was very good, comfortable and clean, had frendly and helpfull staff at reception.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Whitehorse, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Naples is not my favourite city in Italy but we had to fly out of Naples. This hotel was close to the airport although it seemed to take the cab a lot longer than you would think but cab drivers are another issue. We arrived by train and had to take a cab from the train station too. The hotel was clean, safe and the staff were helpful. The dinner was not that great and we had to leave before breakfast. The hotel was reasonably priced. The neighbourhood as seen from the cab was rather depressing. If you need a stopover hotel this one works but you might want to eat somewhere else first.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Cookie014
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Stayed here on 10/16/2013, thank goodness for only one night. Will never go back to that area again, or that hotel. We were only passing through and needed one night stay to catch a very early flight the next morning. Hotel itself was overall not too bad. Clean enough not to hate it. But, let me tell you about the rest. Upon arrival I asked for extra pillow. Said they would send them right up...never got them. We were hungry, so we went down to the hotel's restaurant. It was closed and would not be opened until dinner time, around 7:00. We asked if they had menus from nearby eateries. They told us they didn't and frowned upon ordering out from any other restaurant, since they had their own. They told us to walk outside, right down the road, maybe a block or two for a pizzeria. Sounded fine to us. Left the hotel and thought I was in a third world country. The areas was filthy. Trash piled up so high in dumpsters, right out front, that it was spilling over. Mostly everything was either boarded up, broken down, or needed to be condemned. I kid you knot. I took pictures, as I had been doing throughout our whole 12 stay in Italy, and posted them on Facebook. When I posted the pictures from Naples, NO ONE BELIEVED THAT WAS NAPLES! So, we walked down 3-4 blocks, (at our own risk, because we were starving), and every pizzeria in the 3-4 block area were all closed for their mid afternoon brake. Sooo, we walked back to the hotel, and went upstairs and took a nap. Thought maybe we'd be lucky and they'd open their restaurant a little earlier...no chance. So we sat and waited in a small reception area near a tiny bar. My husband asked if I wanted anything to drink, at that point, I was like, yes...wine please!! So he bought me a glass of wine and while sitting there, we read the hotel brochure, where it claims to offer every guest a "complimentary drink upon arrival" . So we asked the front desk. She looked innoyed that we asked but did say something in Italian to the bartender and she asked what my husband wanted to drink. I guess I didn't count as a guest, and since we had already bought one drink, I guess they figured I wasn't thirsty anymore. Whatever. Finally got into the restaurant at 7:00. Got a small plate of pasta, and my husband got a steak that was clearly overpriced. I would never return or recommend this hotel or the Naples Airport Area to anyone. I'd rather have slept and ate in the airport. Shame to end a beautiful 12 stay throughout Italy with this Naples stay. But, it is what it is....

Room Tip: Don't stay here or anywhere even near here.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Cookie014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Naples
Luxor Hotel
Hotel Cristina
Hotel Cristina
#3 of 189 in Naples
4.5 of 5 stars 676 reviews

Been to Millennium Gold Hotel? Share your experiences!