“close to airport” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #134 of 193 hotels in Naples
Whitehorse, Canada
“close to airport”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Naples is not my favourite city in Italy but we had to fly out of Naples. This hotel was close to the airport although it seemed to take the cab a lot longer than you would think but cab drivers are another issue. We arrived by train and had to take a cab from the train station too. The hotel was clean, safe and the staff were helpful. The dinner was not that great and we had to leave before breakfast. The hotel was reasonably priced. The neighbourhood as seen from the cab was rather depressing. If you need a stopover hotel this one works but you might want to eat somewhere else first.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

97 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Cookie014
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Stayed here on 10/16/2013, thank goodness for only one night. Will never go back to that area again, or that hotel. We were only passing through and needed one night stay to catch a very early flight the next morning. Hotel itself was overall not too bad. Clean enough not to hate it. But, let me tell you about the rest. Upon arrival I asked for extra pillow. Said they would send them right up...never got them. We were hungry, so we went down to the hotel's restaurant. It was closed and would not be opened until dinner time, around 7:00. We asked if they had menus from nearby eateries. They told us they didn't and frowned upon ordering out from any other restaurant, since they had their own. They told us to walk outside, right down the road, maybe a block or two for a pizzeria. Sounded fine to us. Left the hotel and thought I was in a third world country. The areas was filthy. Trash piled up so high in dumpsters, right out front, that it was spilling over. Mostly everything was either boarded up, broken down, or needed to be condemned. I kid you knot. I took pictures, as I had been doing throughout our whole 12 stay in Italy, and posted them on Facebook. When I posted the pictures from Naples, NO ONE BELIEVED THAT WAS NAPLES! So, we walked down 3-4 blocks, (at our own risk, because we were starving), and every pizzeria in the 3-4 block area were all closed for their mid afternoon brake. Sooo, we walked back to the hotel, and went upstairs and took a nap. Thought maybe we'd be lucky and they'd open their restaurant a little earlier...no chance. So we sat and waited in a small reception area near a tiny bar. My husband asked if I wanted anything to drink, at that point, I was like, yes...wine please!! So he bought me a glass of wine and while sitting there, we read the hotel brochure, where it claims to offer every guest a "complimentary drink upon arrival" . So we asked the front desk. She looked innoyed that we asked but did say something in Italian to the bartender and she asked what my husband wanted to drink. I guess I didn't count as a guest, and since we had already bought one drink, I guess they figured I wasn't thirsty anymore. Whatever. Finally got into the restaurant at 7:00. Got a small plate of pasta, and my husband got a steak that was clearly overpriced. I would never return or recommend this hotel or the Naples Airport Area to anyone. I'd rather have slept and ate in the airport. Shame to end a beautiful 12 stay throughout Italy with this Naples stay. But, it is what it is....

Room Tip: Don't stay here or anywhere even near here.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

We missed our flight, so this hotel was suggested for us at the airport. We arrived at night so did not see much of the hotel or area, but we were very impressed by how helpful the staff were, especially the staff at reception, they gave us all the information that was needed. The room was very comfortable and clean. We were impressed at how cheap it was being so close to the airport. We thought the breakfast was very excellent and included in the price of the room. In all we were treated very well.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Fall River, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

The location is convenient if you are unfamiliar with naples, but I much would have rather stayed in a hotel in the historical district instead if having to take the bus to town every time we wanted dinner/lunch/coffee that wasn't hotel food.
The staff was very pleasant and accommodating. I was meeting my husband there a day after I arrived, and they offered to leave my suitcase in his room waiting for me while I walked around town. They cleaned the room very well daily and even replaced towels when we hung them to dry/reuse. I've heard of some crime in Naples, but we left expensive items- iPad, iPhone, leather jackets- in our room and everything was still there when we packed to leave. The breakfast staff made excellent cappuccinos (included in the free breakfast)
The service was great, but the hotel was average. If I had a choice (my husband had work obligations) I would have chosen a nicer hotel closer to historic naples, especially since they were about the same price.
The only real negative point I have is the laundry. They don't offer a self serve laundry mat, and if they clean your clothes for you they charge $100 USD and don't notify you until you check out. I was appalled they didn't notify me the cost (since it was so unreasonable) when I asked them about laundry services. Language barriers made me hesitant to ask certain questions that I didn't think we're overly if concern, or I would have inquired the price.
Overall, good hotel. Ok location. Excellent service.

• Stayed September 2013
westmidlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Our flight was due to arrive around 9pm so we decided to stay at a hotel near the airport and travel onto Sorrento the next morning. This hotel was only approx. 750 yds away so thought it would be a good convenient choice.
The flight was actually delayed by a couple of hours so decided to get a taxi to the hotel as it was so late – it took longer to load the luggage into and out of the car than the journey itself and we were charged 18 euros for a 4 minute ride.
The man on the desk at the hotel was very friendly , helpful and efficient and spoke good English. The room we had booked for 3 adults had a double bed and bunks and was quite spacious, clean and comfortable. The breakfast was good with cereals, meats, cheeses , fruit , cakes etc. and there was plenty of everything.
Our room was at the front of the hotel and was noisy when the windows were opened as the road outside is very busy. After the exorbitant taxi ride the night before we had decided to walk back to the airport to get the coach to Sorrento and did wonder how easy it would be to get across the road but we had no problems and actually got there in less time than the taxi had taken the night before.
We would stay here again if we had a late arrival or early departure and needed to be close to the airport.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Monterey, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

This place was freaky. The staff were wandering around, changing roles for whatever needed. They had their friends eating and drinking for free. They would spy on us around corners. Filthy, smelly lobby. Dead shrubs at the entrance. The neighborhood was deplorable. We didn't feel safe at all. Walk to the airport you say?? Are you kidding me? The rooms felt like light security lockdowns. With all of the issues of stealing, we slept with one eye open.
Ambulances went by our window all night long, reflective of the unsafe area. We took a taxi to and from the Museum. I absolutely do not recommend strolling around. Whomever says it has old world charm is soon to be a fool. This city has huge problems- empty building, filth, garbage, immigrants, homeless. It was a shame to see.

Room Tip: pick another hotel close to city square.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We were referred to hotel by airport information booth and it was not inexpensive so not sure if they have a financial arrangement with the hotel but this should only be used for emergency stays near the airport. One must walk (no shuttle) at least 10 minutes thru a terrible unsafe section of town with homeless sleeping on the sidewalks & lots of garbage everywhere to arrive at dumpy exterior. The interior reception was clean with nice staff but rooms were "rent-by-hr" in feeling with little to no air conditioning in extremely hot humid weather. The bathroom was terrible.The breakfast was good. We asked about going into Naples for dinner & they referred us to a bus by the airport (10 mins walking back) which did not pick up where it left you off adding another 3 miles of walking. Take what they tell you as half truths.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Millennium Gold Hotel? Share your experiences!