“Nice hotel, good position” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Albergo del Golfo

You added Albergo del Golfo to your Saves list
Albergo del Golfo
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Sedile di Porto, 23 | (near Piazza Bovio), 80142 Naples, Italy (Pendino)   |
Ranked #72 of 189 Hotels in Naples
Bucharest
“Nice hotel, good position”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

The hotel is in the city center, near metro station. Good value for money, nice staff. The room is big and clean, and also quite, as the hotel is not located on the main street with heavy traffic. Breakfast is ok, not a large variety of food. Nearby you can find at least 2 nice restaurants. Also nearby there are plenty of shops.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Ushuaia, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

I think this is the perfect location for your stay in Naples: is just 2 minutes away from the metro stop Universita'; in 5 minutes walking you're in the hearth of Naples and very close to the harbour if you have to take the ferry to Capri's Island. Rooms are quite big, clean, wi-fi excellent, cable TV; breakfast is ok, but you have to get an espresso outside, of course. Outside you can park the car and there will be someone looking at it for few euros. You can store your luggage, also.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Ankara, Turkey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

Hotel is so close to the historic center. Napoli is a caotic city, that's why you can feel a little stressed in the neighbourhood at first. But believe me, it is safe and funny if you start to enjoy. I went to hotel by car. They suggest you a carpark at the distance of 300 mt, 5 min walk. With their contact you can have a serious discount. Room was very large and clean. Sleeping conditions were almost perfect. We didn't have any blanket or something at first, but when we asked for it they brought it in 2-3 minutes. Breakfast was not so rich or delicious, but it was almost one of the best I had in Italy. As a bad point I can underline that they don't provide hotel sleepers,

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

Our stay here was very good. The rooms were large, clean and modern. The location was quite central but the street itself was quite dark and dirty. The hotel was well lit and very clean in contrast. Unfortunately reception was unable to provide a map or give us a good idea of the city. Breakfast was simple but adequate. A good budget hotel.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
London, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

This hotel has a good location for most things – shopping, restaurants and transport links. The taxi ride from airport should cost you no more than 20 Euro which is what paid for our travel back to airport although we were fleeced for 30 Euros from the airport. The room was clean but basic. Breakfast was basic but adequate. We had to ask for croissants and for espresso coffee. Staff were very friendly. Attention to detail was missing - although were three in the room they provided towels for only two – had to go down to reception every evening to get an extra towel. One day the room was not done – the cleaner missed out completely. The television only showed programmes in Italian. There was no BBC channel on TV. However, the wifi was not only free but reasonably good.

Room Tip: Rooms on third floor are quieter
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Albergo del Golfo is a nice updated hotel. rooms are large & clean.It's situated in that you can reach almost everything in Napoli is within 10 to 20 minute walk..
Franco the desk Mgr. is warm, helpful & very easy to talk to. In fact everyone at the desk was extremely nice.
A very good value for Napoli..............Vito

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dublin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I booked this hotel for one night, the location is good for the airport bus and the boats to the islands. I arrived off the boat, hot and tired pulling my suitcase having become a little lost on the way. The man at reception explained that there was some problem with the water and that they were transferring me to another hotel. He had no information available about the other hotel except that it was also a 3 star. So off we went, I was not offered even a glass of water r a chance to rest, and I pulled my suitcase behind me across streets and intersections and up and down kerbs. So, make up your own mind as to whether he should have offered to take my suitcase. I was hot and tired, he was about 30, I will soon have a special trip to plan for my 60th, I think he might have done, it's an age and kindness thing, not a gender thing. On the other hand maybe he had to transfer half a dozen people that day and was saving his energy. I was anxious about being moved, I was a solo woman on my first trip to Naples (which by the way is a great city where I felt very safe), and had selected the hotel carefully. The hotel I was transferred to was not on the ground floor, and I had deliberately not booked it for that reason, I hate arriving on my own into a dark deserted area to take the lift. I went back to the hotel earlier in the evening than I would otherwise have done, and did not like having to unlock the door on a deserted side street.

So I don't know what this hotel is like, and I won't be staying there again. I can't understand why they could not have emailed or texted me to let me know there was a problem so that I could have made my own choice. On the other hand they could have just abandoned me on the streets of Naples, so perhaps I should be grateful.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Been to Albergo del Golfo? Share your experiences!