“Very nice, modern touch.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Albergo del Golfo

Save Saved
You added Albergo del Golfo to your Saves list
Albergo del Golfo
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Sedile di Porto, 23 | (near Piazza Bovio), 80142 Naples, Italy (Pendino)   |
Ranked #64 of 193 hotels in Naples
San Diego, California
“Very nice, modern touch.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Albergo del Golfo is a nice updated hotel. rooms are large & clean.It's situated in that you can reach almost everything in Napoli is within 10 to 20 minute walk..
Franco the desk Mgr. is warm, helpful & very easy to talk to. In fact everyone at the desk was extremely nice.
A very good value for Napoli..............Vito

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

288 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Dublin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I booked this hotel for one night, the location is good for the airport bus and the boats to the islands. I arrived off the boat, hot and tired pulling my suitcase having become a little lost on the way. The man at reception explained that there was some problem with the water and that they were transferring me to another hotel. He had no information available about the other hotel except that it was also a 3 star. So off we went, I was not offered even a glass of water r a chance to rest, and I pulled my suitcase behind me across streets and intersections and up and down kerbs. So, make up your own mind as to whether he should have offered to take my suitcase. I was hot and tired, he was about 30, I will soon have a special trip to plan for my 60th, I think he might have done, it's an age and kindness thing, not a gender thing. On the other hand maybe he had to transfer half a dozen people that day and was saving his energy. I was anxious about being moved, I was a solo woman on my first trip to Naples (which by the way is a great city where I felt very safe), and had selected the hotel carefully. The hotel I was transferred to was not on the ground floor, and I had deliberately not booked it for that reason, I hate arriving on my own into a dark deserted area to take the lift. I went back to the hotel earlier in the evening than I would otherwise have done, and did not like having to unlock the door on a deserted side street.

So I don't know what this hotel is like, and I won't be staying there again. I can't understand why they could not have emailed or texted me to let me know there was a problem so that I could have made my own choice. On the other hand they could have just abandoned me on the streets of Naples, so perhaps I should be grateful.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Pittsburgh, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Nothing fancy, but good value and location. Within walking distance to all the best pizza Naples has to offer! I stayed one night on my way to Sorrento/Amalfi Coast. 20 minute walk to the train station or you can take the metro which is right outside.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Haifa, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

The hotel lies on the edge of the historic center, so it's 5-10 minutes walk right to the center. It has a metro station very near (Universita metro station, 2 minutes walk - note that to get on the metro line all the way to this station, you need to switch platform at Dante station, at least for now), so you can reach it by metro from Garibaldi train station (with changes), as well as bus stops (R2 line from Garibaldi, 5 or 6 stops) on the main street of Corso Umberto, and it is also walking distance to one of the central bus stations at the port (we took bus to Amalfi from there). The street and the area felt very safe, also at night, which is very important in Napoli.
The interior of the hotel is very modern, and looks like it was recently renovated. The rooms are very spacious, convenient and clean, and the bed was enormous and very comfortable. There is a minibar, free Wifi, safe, some control panel that gives you information about the weather as well as control of the A/C, and we even had a small balcony (though not one you can sit in) facing the street, and there was no noise at night. There is also a nice common terrace.
Breakfast was the usual croissants, toasts, flakes etc. Not stunning, but on par with our expectations for a solid and filling breakfast.
Hotel staff was very kind, however we didn't challenge them with any tricky questions, except of public transportation to Vesuv. Also, it seem that in one day (out of 3), the cleaning was not perfect (though still very clean!!) as in the other days.
For the price it cost, this hotel is a good choice. Of course, the balcony could be more inviting, and breakfast more varied, but it is indeed a great value for the cost, and It is definitely recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with balcony
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
The Hague, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

In the darkness of the evening my son and I arrived at this hotel in Napoli. The street did not look very inviting, but inside it looked OK. We had booked a room with two separate beds, but found two beds made up as a double bed in our room. It took some time before the receptionist with the help of the owner admitted their mistake and gave us sheeting for two separate beds. Otherwise we had no reason to complain. The air conditioning worked well, the bathroom was modern and clean and the breakfast was good. Public transport was available just minutes away from the hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed on the fourth floor and therefore had to use the extremely slow and shaky lift. My advice...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Gloucester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is very close to the metro and the bus stops. You can walk to the port in minutes. It is central to Naples, and the transport facilities are close. The hop on hop off bus even stops 50 metres away from the hotel.
The street the hotel is in looks run down, dirty with lots of rubbish and dog dirt on the pavements. The hotel is however a complete contrast, being refurbished with top quality flooring, tiles and lighting. The staff spoke good English and could not have been more helpful. We started in room 205 which quite literally stank of mold and mildew coming from the walk in closet. We moved to a different room which was fine. The rooms were large, a good firm bed, which we loved, and had a great modern bathroom with the usual soap and shampoo. It even had a fridge and a safe in the room. The electronic door lock and information panel is usually found in much more up market hotels. The air conditioning worked very well. A minus point was no coffee making facilities in the room. Also, the bar did not seem to be open or well stocked, nor was the lounge area somewhere I could have relaxed or waited in. I suspect this will get better once the refurb us complete. The hotel was very clean and tidy with good quality towels and fresh sheets in the room.
Breakfast was adequate. Cereal, toast, rolls with ham and cheese. The impressive thing we found was that they don't put much food out all at once. Instead they constantly monitor the food and promptly add more fresh food when what's there runs low. This means that the ham, cheese and rolls are never left to dry out. Croissants are offered and delivered on request.
Our taxi driver could not find the hotel and stopped three times to ask other taxi drivers for directions. I don't know if this was the reason off the €28 charge for what maps showed as a 5.7km journey from the airport. Going back was €1.30 each on the R2 bus to Garibaldi plaza and €3 each for the airport shuttle bus. It seemed quicker too.
I'm ignoring the room 205 problem when doing this review because of the helpfulness of the staff. Breakfast is not a huge choice, but is fresh and adequate. We missed having coffee facilities in the room. However, the quality of the rooms, the location of the hotel and the attitude and helpfulness of the staff made up for this. It was a good price too.
I would certainly stay here again.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Devizes, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Arrived here quite late in the evening, receptionist spoke good english and was very helpful - I had a single room, quite small, but with everything I needed. All very clean and with plenty of towels and toiletries. Bed was a little firm and my room only had a very small window in the bathroom. Air conditioning worked well and was an essential as the weather was very hot. I did find the shower cubicle floor very slippery and I actually slipped while showering and banged my arm on the enclosure door, I don't usually slip while in the shower so it must have been slippy!!
Breakfast was very good, plenty of choice and cheerful staff.
Room fine for an overnight stay like mine but would have been a bit claustrophobic if I had been staying longer, only due to the lack of a window, nothing else. Seems strangely cell like without one.
The little "box" inside the room that your "card" inserts into to activate the electricity was a nice touch - it welcomes you by name and wishes you "Bienvenuto" on the day you check out.
Street outside a bit "grubby" looking, but went for a walk later after arriving and felt perfectly safe. The fort at the port was worth seeing at night.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Albergo del Golfo? Share your experiences!