My husband and I and another couple spent three nights here in late May and found it a great choice. First, the location is great. It's a short walk to the Archeaological Museum (a must-see) and about a 20-30 minute stroll down to the waterfront. I'm not sure why others had trouble finding it; all of our cab drivers knew the area and got us there readily. It was helpful to know we had to ring a bell and walk through a courtyard, but that was part of the charm, and the garden and pool area are as advertised on the site and just lovely. It is indeed an oasis in an otherwise noisy and gritty city.
We liked staying in what felt like a local neighborhood -- easy to walk everywhere and perfectly safe, although we did take cabs at night. But there's a small square with a lively college crowd at night and two really excellent casual restaurants within two blocks of the hotel (great pizza and pasta). We were really happy we weren't at tourist central down at the waterfront.
We both had junior suites, which were fine but oddly laid out with a top floor bedroom/bathroom and downstairs "lounge area," which we never used. We did have a small balcony looking into the garden and that was very pleasant. Our friends overlooked the street and didn't like that as much, although said it wasn't noisy. The breakfast was excellent -- lots of choices -- and there was a pleasant sitting area in the garden for a quiet drink right before turning in each night. They had limencello and port, and other libations as well. The service was great and very helpful in arranging whatever you needed.
Naples itself is a unique place and while I'm not sure I'd return, I was glad we visited. We used it as our base for Pompei and Vesuvius, both of where were awesome, but especially Pompei. This is also a must-see; truly incredible and plan to devote 2-3 hours and get a guide! Makes a huge difference. We took the local train to both sites and found that really easy and more fun than getting a private car. And don't think of driving in Naples -- totally crazy!
All in all, we were very pleased with our choice and recommend it highly.
- Also Known As:
- Costantinopoli 104 Hotel
- Costantinopoli 104 Naples
- Costantinopoli 104 Hotel Naples
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Costantinopoli 104 is an elegant homely hotel located in the historical centre of Naples, an ideal place for visitors who want to stay in a suggestive and comfortable setting.The building containing the hotel is in neoclassical style, coming from the last decades of the nineteenth century. An enormous Liberty style multicoloured stained glass window dominates the main facade of the building, which overlooks the garden of the hotel. The internal spaces are tastefully furnished provided with every comfort. All our rooms and suites feature air conditioning, minibar, satellite tv, telephone, safe box, adsl connection. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Venere, Splendia, Booking.com, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Otel so you can book your Hotel Costantinopoli 104 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.