“Amazing location” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 57 Specialty Lodging in Naples
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Amazing location. Staff were very helpful and nice. Kitchen available for guests with decent breakfast. Common area was nice. No wifi in rooms which was really annoying. Rooms weren't great. We are chilled travellers so didn't really mind but beds were uncomfortable, no air con or fan provided. Basically a bunch of bunk beds.

Stayed June 2014

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

The location of the hostel is really good, in the historic centre. At first you would think it it's a poor part of city, but after a few hours you really see the beauty of it. Furthermore it's close to the best pizzaria in town and the staff is really friendly and useful.

For example we had a problem with the water but after a day it was fixed and we got a refund for the first day. Really good service!

When we arrived, the best things (a lot, even a very nice typical cheap Neapolitan restaurant), were explained and pointed out on the map.

The cleanness was ok, the rooms were cleaned but minimally.

For backpackers this is a very good option and i really recommend it.

• Stayed June 2014
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

Never felt so dirty in my life! Firstly the location is in a rundown back alley with litter and graffiti everywhere. Took us a good hour and a half to find it.
When we finally got to our room, we weren't given any keys for the door so anyone could come walking in. The bathroom was vile! Broken lights, dirty toilet, the shower head was broken! We were given no clean towels,soap etc and the shower curtain was covered in mould! Me and my 2 friends needed a shower, we went in and felt even more dirtier!
Sleeping arrangements were horrible! The beds made all of us itchy and uncomfortable.
The cleaning lady is a nasty piece of work. She came into the room having a go at us because we were still in the room at 11am. We couldn't stand to sleep in that place one more night so we found the cheapest hotel we could the next day.
I wouldn't recommend this place to my worst enemy!

• Stayed May 2014
Turin, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Stayed with 2 friends in April 2014. Staff very helpful and friendly, in particular the italian ones. General cleaning very acceptable for an hostel. The dormitory was ok, but his bathroom are to better because it wets everywhere! The 3-persons room is very nice with perfect bathroom.
Carry on like this guys, very nice ambience!

Room Tip: With courtesy and smile everything is possible.
Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Adana, Turkey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

When I came Napoli, until hire a room I stayed this hostel with my friends.It was clean but personnels weren't friendly and didn't know English very well.So to reach an agreement is very difficult for us.Located is so good, in city centre.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

I'm of two minds about this place.

The guys and girls on the front desk were 10 out of 10. So very friendly and helpful. The hostel itself was hard to find, rundown and the brekky/cleaning lady is a nasty piece of work.

I copped a mild electric shock off the taps and shower water in the bathroom (bathroom in room 8, it only happened a few times when the room was really steamy). I woke up with bed bugs on me. The wifi died and we were without net for most of our stay. The breakfast coffee and pasty are terrible.

I've tried to think of a word to describe the cleaning / breakfast lady that is printable, but I've failed. I think she should perhaps move to a career that doesn't involve contact with any human beings at all. It would be the best thing for everyone.

The people on the front desk were so friendly, helpful and nice though. Really top notch people. They were the reason we didn't just leave and find another place to stay. Ive given 5 stars for service, but this is only for the front desk staff.

At the end of the day I think this hostel would be a good choice for 18 - 25 party people, who will love the vibe and for whom getting zapped in the shower makes for a good story.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Naples Pizza Hostel isn't an ordinary hostel, it's one of THE place to be in Naples! I stayed almost one month, and from the very first day, I felt at home!
The staff is so helpfull, kind and respectful, they explain you everything about Naples and the region, the map, the food, how to enjoy the city, they cook for you italian dishes (in the Italian/napolitan way!) in the kitchen of the hostel, they organize dinners in town in one of the most typical napolitan restaurant, with the travelers of the hostel.
The atmosphere is nice and safe, because everyone is taking care of you and of your trip.
The breakfast is great, with a real napolitan coffee/capuccino, and good things to eat. The lady preparing the breakfast is a lovely person, always trying to help.
The location is wonderful and safe, in the heart of Naples, lively and peaceful. Really close to one of the best Naples's pizzeria.
The room is comfortable, quiet, clean. Idem for the bathroom.
Wifi+Computer available, which was important to me as I travel without smartphone or laptop.
The kitchen provides everything you need to cook and make yourself at home.
So, I recommend Naples Pizza Hostel, enjoy!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Been to Naples Pizza Hostel? Share your experiences!