“Eden but not paradise” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #121 of 193 Hotels in Naples
Siena
“Eden but not paradise”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

OK. Convenient for the station, but barely anywhere to park. There is a garage up the road, but you have to pay. I left my car there for 30 euros while I went to Capri, which wasn't bad. Not an exciting hotel by any stretch. Staff harrassed, especially the men, but the young lady was helpful.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

HotelEdenNAPOLI, Direttore generale at Hotel Eden, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear Mr. Marjorie

thank you for your message. Our Hotel is situated in a particulary area, near the station, so is not to easy find a parking for a car. We sujjest you the garage because it's the more easy solution but you can live the car also in the street. Is't a pleasure for us that you staying in our Hotel and we hope that you can come back.

Best Regards
Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Abuja
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

The best attraction to this hotel for me is its nearness to the train station. Rooms have enough space, and staff are courteous. Neat hotel, breakfast is average, good value for money... MacDonald's is just across d road, other restaurants are also nearby. However, AC doesn't work! I couldn't sleep because of heat and had to open my windows, which couldn't solve the problem because I was almost deafened by the crazy noise from the street. The farther the room is from the floor, the better. Don't be deceived, the wifi never works!

Room Tip: To avoid the noise, take higher floor rooms.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mrs Nimota

thank you for your message. We are apologize if you find any problem in the room. We read from your message that your staying in our Hotel it's ok. So we hope that you came back also because the problem that you find (AC and WiFi) it's resolve.

Management
Sheffield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

My husband & I had booked into another hotel near the bus station as we had an early flight. Unfortunately they had to move us to Hotel Eden. It was 30 degrees centigrade during the day. The air conditioning was switched off throughout the hotel when we arrived and was not switched on until 18:00. The room temperature was 28 degrees centigrade when we arrived and dropped to 25 degrees centigrade before rising again. The window in the room opened onto a noisy busy street. As the air conditioning is controlled centrally and not in the room, we had to have the window open all night so we were constantly disturbed by the outside noise. It was stated that breakfast started at 7am but this was the time the staff began to set it up. It was not available until 7:15. When it arrived it was OK. Needless to say we will not stay there again.
Large room, clean linen, shower in bath, TV had BBC World, fridge was locked. Breakfast room on 5th floor had lovely view of volcano. Modern glass lift to all floors. Free Internet on desktop PC. Convenient for railway station, bus station and airport bus.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room if you want to sleep with the window open.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
HotelEdenNAPOLI, Direttore at Hotel Eden, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Dear Sir / M.me

thank you for your message. We are sorry if you have problem in our Hotel.

We appreciate your opinion because we can do anythink for resolve and made confortable Hotel.

We hope that you came back in our Hotel

Novi Sad, Serbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

I was only there one night,but when I went to breakfast,I did not get breakfast... :/explanation was that one man ate all ...I think if I had paid bed and breakfast, I should not care what others are doing ...Horrors ...hotel and rooms are ok,but keep the thrill of your employees because they are impolite and strange...

Room Tip: My room was on the outside, by the way, this section of road is very crowded due to the bus station...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Sir. / M.me

Thank you for expressing his opinion. We are sorry to learn from his words that your stay in our hotel was so unpleasant. If you did not find anything for breakfast or has been treated so rude by our staff, we apologize once again.

However, we hope to have the opportunity to have you as a guest and still make your stay pleasant and comfortable.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

Me and my husband ended up in Hotel Eden entirely by chance. We were supposed to check in to another bnb at Rome, but missed our train stop and ended up at Naples. So we looked around the train station vicinity for a hotel.

The location is NOT the best place to stay in Naples, especially at night. Traffic is heavy and there are loiterers around the station vicinity. And cos of the noise, it can be difficult to sleep at night (especially for us, since we prefer to open the windows).

Room is surprisingly big (for the price -- it is actually the cheapest hotel stay we had during our trip (90euros)), bathroom was also big. And the hotel has a nice glass lift that looks very modern (as compared to some of the more aged looking furnishings in the room)

Breakfast is average, served at the top floor of the hotel (nice view of the distant mountains). Recepts were very friendly and helpful.

No wifi, and we were told that even with the paid wifi, the room wifi's reception is bad. So we didn't bother to try. There is a signage for an internet point at the lobby, though we didn't use it.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Sir. /M.me

thank you for your message.

Was a pleasure to host it in our Hotel.

We are pleased to learn from his words that the room was to his liking. For the wifi we have resolved that if he will return to us will not have problems to connect, even from the room.

We hope to have the pleasure to see you again soon

San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

I chose this hotel for its price and its location a couple blocks from the railway station, and was not disappointed - it's a very short walk from the station. I understood why my room's single window was shuttered when I opened the window and shutters to look out onto an alley smelling of garbage. The hotel has Internet service which must be paid for, but when I arrived this was down, reportedly for several hours, and I didn't inquire about it later since I had data on my smartphone. The continental breakfast at the rooftop restaurant was fine. It was nice to have a view during breakfast, though as that view is from the fifth floor of a building near Naples' train station it's nothing to take your breath away. I'd stay here again if I were just passing through.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Dear Sir. / M.me

was a pleasure to host you in our Hotel.

From his words we can have both positive and negative notes. Thank you anyway for having expressed so that we can fix and make our guests' stay more pleasant and comfortable.

We hope to have another opportunity to host you
BARCELONA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

Strong points:
Price, breakfast, lift, close to railway station, helpful staff
Weak points:
Bad street (a bit dangerous), noisy, shower and beds not very good

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Eden? Share your experiences!