“Low price, a step above a hostel” 2 of 5 stars

Vittorio Veneto
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Milano, 96, 80142 Naples, Italy   |
Ranked #163 of 189 Hotels in Naples
Mainz, Germany
“Low price, a step above a hostel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

I was a bit worried after reading the reviews on this site, but as I was staying only one night I decided to risk it. This place definitely reminded me of a college dorm as one reviewer stated. I had a single room that was about 3 meters by 5 meters, with a bed, desk, tv, wardrobe and sink. The room did not have air conditioning or a ceiling fan, which made it a must to have the window open all night. No phone or clock, so bring your own alarm if you need one. Towels were provided in the room for use in the shared shower, and while not in the best shape they were clean. The shared shower had no issue with water pressure or lack of warm water, so it served it's purpose. The site had advertised free wifi, but I was told it would cost and the router was located at the front desk which is on the ground floor away from the rooms, so I did not try it out. There is a McDonald's a half block away with free wifi. This hotel also does not have an elevator, so dragging luggage up to the room was not much fun. The staff was nice enough and watched my luggage the next morning while I went out, though they do not have a secure area to lock it up if that is a concern. This hotel has two things going for it: price & location. I was able to easily walk to the central station and all the major sites without issue from here. If you want a cheap place to sleep at night and do not mind staying in college dorm-like accommodations, you will find this hotel a decent choice.

• Stayed June 2013

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Summersville, West Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

If you are looking for a cheap place to stay so that you can save your budgeted dollars for the sights of Naples, this hotel may be for you. It reminded me of a college dorm. My husband and I had a double room which was clean and large. Our twin beds were comfortable. We were there in mid May and didn't need air conditioning, but I don't believe there is air. You might need to inquire if you are there in the summer. It is not in the best of neighborhoods, but we chose it because it was a five minute walk from the train station on a side street. We had a bit of difficulty finding the side street, but people were very helpful when we asked directions. We had arrived on a ferry from Capri and had to catch a bus to the train station area and then we walked to the hotel. Then we had reservations from Napoli Centrale on a high speed train on to Rome. On two different days, we did the Rick Steves' guided walk to The National Archeological Museum, the church with The Veiled Christ, and into the Spanish Quarter from the hotel. In the early day light hours of one evening, we walked to a famous pizzeria for well known pizza but was home by dark. There were lots of food vendors on the street along the main street with souvenir vendors also. In addition on the side streets, there were flea market type vendors set up with everything from hand bags to shoes.

The office staff was always very cordial and helpful and even placed our water bottles in their personal fridge to freeze for the next day. You had to pay extra for the internet which wasn't much, but it didn't work well and I had to walk to the end of the hallway and either sit above the office and sometimes walk half way down the steps to get access. ...but, we didn't need to find an internet café, so this was convenient. In the morning hours, the hardware type store next door could be loud because they sold items such as generators which would rev up, but we were always up and preparing for the day.

Our room had a desk, small balcony and a sink with sufficient towels. The shower in the hallway was large but a bit slippery on the floor, however, we always had plenty of hot water. The toilet area was clean. About two or three doors down on the way in from the main street, there was a small grocery store with very nice employees. We used this store several times and stopped in to say good-bye as we left.

On the way from the train station, there were drop down curbs which made it easy to roll our suitcases. However, you do need to carry your suitcase up the stairs because there was no elevator. We had a large suitcase with items for a motorhome after we left Rome, so the office attendant chained it up at the bottom of the steps.

The hotel was a good choice for us because we only needed a place to sleep and shower at a good price, but it is not a four star hotel. We were always in before dark, since the neighborhood looked like it could be rough but I may be wrong.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

The pictures the hotel has posted of their rooms is not a reflection of what the rooms really look like. My room reminded me of a jail cell. A small narrow room, with a tiny single bed and a small wardrobe. My window faced two other buildings, so people could see into my room at all times and it was really noisy. The bathroom was disgusting with a hose coming out of the wall, which they called a shower. I was also supplied with two towels that had brown and yellow stains all over them. It was so dirty I chose not to take a shower that night and check out first thing in the morning (earlier then I had planned). Room service was not an option, nor did they have breakfast and even though they state on the site that free wifi is available, you can only get a really poor signal on the stairs heading up to the rooms.

Not only was it dirty, but I didn't feel safe either! I had to buzz the front desk in order to get out of the hallway, which concerned me in case of an emergency. If no one was at the front desk you could not leave the hotel. One of the windows in the stairwell was broken and hadn't been fixed, the phone in my room was disconnected and the area is terrible. It is located near the train station where there are a lot of homeless people, people badgering you to buy things and pickpockets. I would not recommend this place to anyone on vacation, or to anyone traveling alone. I have never been scared to walk around any European city, but near the train station I was. You couldn't pay me to stay at this hotel again!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

One of the worst hotels ive ever been to, rooms are small and there is no hot water. It's cold in Napoli now and the rooms are not well insulated. Be very prepared if youre staying in this hotel, the old man in the reception is a bit grumpy but i am glad i made him smile sometimes

• Stayed May 2013
St. Petersburg, Russia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Incredibly rude and inadequate member of staff waving their hands in front of your face , strange yellow stains on the sheets, messed up check-in time ( first gave keys to somebody else's room with private thing well on display ). The worst of the worst. You get what you pay for - they say, well here you get less than nothing.

Room Tip: To be avoided at all costs.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Sofia, Bulgaria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

hotel is nothing special, but the price is excellent, room was big enough, looked clean , staff was helpful...
very close to Napoli Centrale, excellent starting point for exploring Pompeii, Vesuvius etc...
for that price you can get a bed in a hostel in most big italian cities...so if you don't want luxury, this is a good hotel in Napoli

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Queenstown, New Zealand
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

This hotel was booked for its location. It was only 5 minutes walk from the central station, and to be honest, it wasnt a fun five minute walk.

The Hotel is in one of the dirtiest, and seediest parts of Napoli. There was more rubbish on the streets than any where else I have been in the world and the hawkers trying to sell you anything would bug you untill you reached the door of your hotel.

The room was adequate, but with no air conditioning, and on the 3rd night we were there, the bed wasnt made, just a clean sheet left on the end of the bed for us to make it our selves. The showers got almost no hot water to which i was surprised.

The internet which was suppose to be available in the reservation area did not work. I even had the staff type in the password into the wifi connection, and it would not allow me access. The same staff member did also say that i could plug in my computer to his modem but he didnt have the correct cord for me to use, and did also offer to let me use his computer if it was urgent. The same computer has been used all over the world for internet access with out fault. This needs to be sorted.

The one redeeming factor would have to be the security gate on teh front door, however, more often than not, it was left wide open (Staff were present, but not attentive)

Also worthy of mention is that on you are close to a main road, and on that main road are lots of rubbish bins and dumping grounds, which the the city decides to clean up with a bobcat, dumptruck and at one am onwards, not good for the sanity, hense the low score for sleep quality.

Room Tip: Stay only if you need a room close to the central train station, otherwise go elsewhere.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Vittorio Veneto? Share your experiences!