I arrived on May 18th at Naples. It is a beautiful historic city with lots to offer. I stayed at Ramada Inn which is a stone throw from main train terminal. At first site you will be taken a back by the rundown nature of the neighbor hood. It is very busy and very crowded. It is for sure not a sight for soar eyes but if you can get passed that it does have advantages and you will get used to the location fast.at least i did.
If you are and explorer. Just get a back pack, nice map, comfortable shows and just hit the streets. just go any direction. (you need to be okay with directions and reading maps. If you have good data phone with nice data plan just use google map and you are set. At every corner you will find something interesting to see, from churches to little shops some of which are centuries old to hold houses and beautiful architecture. just remember around the city center and central train station is NOT clean area ... you can find trash and smelly stuff everywhere but you will get used to it ... I hope)
Let me give you a run down of the hotel. .. Ramada Inn is nice hotel in can use some remodeling but staff were very helpful and friendly.. The rooms I stayed in were clean and cold A/C was at hand. I was not too thrilled about the room service but other than that you cant go wrong with Ramada inn. in my experience at least . Just remember it is not in the best location, specially at nighta you do not want to be strolling along the streets at main terminal. if you cannot get passed this try other hotel closer to the Us embassy or the bed and breakfast which are little more expensive but at much nicer locations. I can tell you any hotel close to the central train station is suffering from lack of feeling of security at night.
Watch for the taxi drivers !!! though most of them were nice and friendly, they do tend to turn off the meter and just charge you a flat rate keep an eye and nicely ask them to turn on the meter. .You should not be paying anything more than 10 to 15 Euros .. with the exception of the airport fee which is about 25 Euro.
"CitySightseeingNapoli" This is a Hop on hop off open double deck bus service. it offers 3 roots . Blue Red and Green(for weekends). Make sure to take the blue ride ... it gives you soooo much to see. C It allows you to get off and on at any stop and in about 45 min to and Fr. For 22 Euro ( which you pay once you get on at any station and yes they do take CC) you get a ticket which is good or 24 hrs. You will see all of Naples.You may. depending on where you are staying, find the closest stop. Go online and look up the web site it shows you the time and locations. I found it easy to first just get a cab and stop at Castel Noevo.
This is there main terminal for hte Citysightseeing ( double docker bus with bright red and yellow coloring all over.
Make sure to get off on stop number 7 on blue root. you can spent coupe of hrs at the top of the hill with the whole Naples and surrounding under your feet. It is a sight to see. You will find people trying to sell you iphone 5 and ipad... I am not so sure about them i stayed away from them.
You can find some good deals by the street vendors around the central train terminal ( which is under construction). You can haggle easly .. dont pay the asking price.
Make sure to visit the Beautiful churches specially Duma and visit the National Archaeological museum if that is your cup of tea.
On main reason to stay at Ramada and close to main train terminal that you can easly buy ticket and go to Sorento and capril and even Rome. It cost 50 Euro and it takes 1 hr from napes to Rome. so you may want to con cider that.
If you have small children i would recommend staying in the nicer part of Naples, ,specially by the sea site or around there . it is very beautiful and you can go swimming or take late night stroll. The bikes and adult strollers for families are rented so go for it .
last but not least learn some foods name lol its funny how you could miss on some great food and pastry.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Naples City Centre Hotel
- Ramada Naples City Centre Hotel Naples
- Ramada Naples
- Naples Ramada
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ramada Naples is the perfect location to visit easily and relaxed the city of Naples and its surroundings within the region Campania. The hotel is situated in the historical centre of Naples at only 200 mt from the main Railway Station and from the Metro of Garibaldi Square. The “circumvesuviana” , train that reaches Pompeii, Ercolano and Sorrento is just in front of the hotel and the main harbour with boats and ferries to Capri and Ischia is at 800mts. Ramada Naples welcomes you in elegant and functional spaces; 152 rooms, all double bedded and spacious in American style, are air conditioned and soundproof with cable TV, wi-fi connection, safe, working desk and mini bar. Standard, Superior Room and Junior Suite are differently equipped in order to satisfy all accommodation requests. Ramada Naples awaits its guests with an intimate and cozy restaurant, where Mediterranean cuisine, as well as a more modern Neapolitan kitchen full of fantasy and estrus are performed. Solarium, lecture room, internet point, free wi-fi area and a spacious garage enrich the offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Venere, Priceline, Expedia, Tingo, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Otel so you can book your Ramada Naples City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.