“Experence of Naples” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #62 of 191 Hotels in Naples
“Experence of Naples”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I arrived on May 18th at Naples. It is a beautiful historic city with lots to offer. I stayed at Ramada Inn which is a stone throw from main train terminal. At first site you will be taken a back by the rundown nature of the neighbor hood. It is very busy and very crowded. It is for sure not a sight for soar eyes but if you can get passed that it does have advantages and you will get used to the location fast.at least i did.
If you are and explorer. Just get a back pack, nice map, comfortable shows and just hit the streets. just go any direction. (you need to be okay with directions and reading maps. If you have good data phone with nice data plan just use google map and you are set. At every corner you will find something interesting to see, from churches to little shops some of which are centuries old to hold houses and beautiful architecture. just remember around the city center and central train station is NOT clean area ... you can find trash and smelly stuff everywhere but you will get used to it ... I hope)
Let me give you a run down of the hotel. .. Ramada Inn is nice hotel in can use some remodeling but staff were very helpful and friendly.. The rooms I stayed in were clean and cold A/C was at hand. I was not too thrilled about the room service but other than that you cant go wrong with Ramada inn. in my experience at least . Just remember it is not in the best location, specially at nighta you do not want to be strolling along the streets at main terminal. if you cannot get passed this try other hotel closer to the Us embassy or the bed and breakfast which are little more expensive but at much nicer locations. I can tell you any hotel close to the central train station is suffering from lack of feeling of security at night.

Watch for the taxi drivers !!! though most of them were nice and friendly, they do tend to turn off the meter and just charge you a flat rate keep an eye and nicely ask them to turn on the meter. .You should not be paying anything more than 10 to 15 Euros .. with the exception of the airport fee which is about 25 Euro.
"CitySightseeingNapoli" This is a Hop on hop off open double deck bus service. it offers 3 roots . Blue Red and Green(for weekends). Make sure to take the blue ride ... it gives you soooo much to see. C It allows you to get off and on at any stop and in about 45 min to and Fr. For 22 Euro ( which you pay once you get on at any station and yes they do take CC) you get a ticket which is good or 24 hrs. You will see all of Naples.You may. depending on where you are staying, find the closest stop. Go online and look up the web site it shows you the time and locations. I found it easy to first just get a cab and stop at Castel Noevo.
This is there main terminal for hte Citysightseeing ( double docker bus with bright red and yellow coloring all over.
Make sure to get off on stop number 7 on blue root. you can spent coupe of hrs at the top of the hill with the whole Naples and surrounding under your feet. It is a sight to see. You will find people trying to sell you iphone 5 and ipad... I am not so sure about them i stayed away from them.
You can find some good deals by the street vendors around the central train terminal ( which is under construction). You can haggle easly .. dont pay the asking price.
Make sure to visit the Beautiful churches specially Duma and visit the National Archaeological museum if that is your cup of tea.

On main reason to stay at Ramada and close to main train terminal that you can easly buy ticket and go to Sorento and capril and even Rome. It cost 50 Euro and it takes 1 hr from napes to Rome. so you may want to con cider that.
If you have small children i would recommend staying in the nicer part of Naples, ,specially by the sea site or around there . it is very beautiful and you can go swimming or take late night stroll. The bikes and adult strollers for families are rented so go for it .

last but not least learn some foods name lol its funny how you could miss on some great food and pastry.

Room Tip: you can get a great deal on rooms but dont expect too much. I stayed in both reguklar room and in th...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Polish first
Zurich, Switzerland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We had a less than perfect experience in Naples becuase of this hotel. There is no WiFi access in the rooms to organize more of your trip and it is difficult to access when in the lobby where it is supposed to work. Their breakfast is of very poor quality as they only served poor quality preserved meats, fruit concentrates, and prepacked cheese. I suggest spending an extra few Euros to eat breakfast outside the hotel if you have the time to do so.

The service desk was manned by only guy most of the time and he was not very efficient. We asked for a local map and the adress of one of their local pizzerias and he ignored our question, handed us a printed google map, and told us we will find restaurants at the port. He said he would call us a taxi but didn't!

Rooms:

We soon realised that this hotel is only good for one reason - that it's the nearest to the main railway station. However, to get in and out of the hotel you need to pass through a curtain of flies! I wouldn't waste my money here such because it is an internationally recognisable hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Massimo D, Direttore at Ramada Naples City Centre, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

I can not believe that the only positive point of Ramada Naples is the proximity to the train station. I would like to invite you to read more reviews on tripadvisor in order to draw a complete and balanced judgment. Most travelers appreciate the free internet connection as well as the rich buffet breakfast or the delivery of a city map ...... I also believe that a simple reminder would solve the problem about the taxi. Basically to evaluate a service, you need common sense and good faith.
All the best,

Taipei, Taiwan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

RAMADA NAPOLI
The hotel is located near Napoli central station (Piazza Galdibaldi). The hotel seems dated but the room given to me was clean and quiet. Make sure to ask for a room facing the back of the hotel.
The hotel location is not an ideal place to stay for an extended stay or vacation. If you are traveling with family, I highly suggest booking another hotel in the historic centre of the city because walking outside of this hotel even in day time is a daunting task. I highly suggest not venturing out at night in this area because it is known to be a very dangerous area. Trying to cross the street to the train station can be hazardous to your health – just follow the locals when they cross. I booked this hotel due to its convenient proximity with the train station which I used it as a base to explore Sorrento which is approximately one hour by train. Rather than carrying a large suitcase where I go, I take what will be necessary for the time I visit areas around Naples and leave everything else at the hotel. The Circumvesuviana (Pompeii and Sorrento train) line is conveniently located across across the street from the hotel.
The hotel staff is friendly and efficient. My room was clean and quiet, however, dated. Seeing the tube television took me back in time. There are no restaurants within the immediate area of the hotel – you’ll have to walk across the street toward the train station to find some decent restaurants.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

The location is straight out of "Dante's inferno" No free wifi in the bedrooms, but it's available in the rather shabby reception where there are four threadbare sofa's. The breakfast is good, and the service both polite and efficient. The general lack of investment, lack of Sky TV which would permit choice of language and lack of free wifi are the points against. Paying 1000 euros for 12 days one expects more!

• Stayed June 2013
Dear guest,
it's a long time that I finished school, but my memories of hell ("Dante's inferno") are definitely different from yours. With reference to your observations , I would like to remind you that Ramada offers Mediaset Premium channels free of charge (cinema and sport also in English) further to the main foreign channels such as CNN, ZDF, BBC... Free wi-fi is available in all public areas of the hotel (hall, bar, restaurant). The photos/images of our hall on internet are real and original; I disagree with you also on this point. To the Tripadvisor Community the order of judgement!
Regards,
Vantaa, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one week, and we were more than satisfied with our choice. The room was spacious and clean. We were on the street-side of the building, but traffic noises didn't bother us - only the "ding-dong's" of the elevator were a bit annoying.. Bathroom was huge with bath and a separate shower.

Staff in the reception and the cleaners were all friendly and helpful. Especially Gabriella in the reception saved our holiday: she gave us better tips and information than the tourist info in the railway station.

Breakfast buffet was good. Plenty to choose from. Only weird thing was that we were told it opens at 7am. Then, every morning when we got there at 7am sharp, it was already full of people having their meals. Luckily, the staff was refilling the tables fast.

The location of the hotel is absolutely fabulous. Circumvesuviana train station is right across the street, 5-10 min walk to the central railway station, and the local bus to big Auschan shopping centre leaves almost in front of the hotel. Also walking distance to historical center and Via Toledo -shopping street.

What comes to the other reviewers' concern about the traffic and the neighbourhood, I'm from Finland where a traffic jam is five cars behind a tractor. With both - traffic and the "suspicious looking people hanging around" - you can survive with normal common sense.

I would definitely choose this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Massimo D, Direttore at Ramada Naples City Centre, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

...A Paradise is perhaps too much, maybe just a site to warmly recommend.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

The hotel is located right next to the Railway junction. The staff at the front-desk are experienced, efficient and polite. Did not create a fuss about me checking in at 9am. The Room was very comfortable, clean. The bathroom spacious with wonderful shower temperature and pressure. A lot of touristic highlights are within walking distance and the rest of the city accessible with the adjacent train and bus links. The Hotel provided umbrellas to its guests and the area was buzzing till 2am even with the weather not being so great. This was an efficient, no-nonsense, comfortable, clean business hotel in the heart of Naples!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Massimo D, Proprietario at Ramada Naples City Centre, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

that's the review I love to receive on Monday morning..........

Kind regards,

1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

We recently stayed at this property overnight in two rooms (one double, one triple room with 3 single beds). I booked the hotel based on the Ramada's hotel brand reputation.

Check in was easily done and the reception staff spoke English, although it did help that I had a print out of our hotel booking for their reference.

The hotel itself is well appointed with a bar downstairs and a restaurant. There is no wi-fi in the hotel rooms but it is available in the hotel lobby, which meant that there were many people hanging around with their phones and ipads trying to get a wifi connection and only 4 seats available. It was annoying and inconvenient.

The hotel rooms were well furnished to a 4 star standard. There is a mini fridge but no mini bar. A vending machine in the hallway has been supplied for hotel guests. There are no tea and coffee making facilities in the rooms.

The hotel itself is convenient to the main train station in Naples which is only a few minutes walk away. What you cannot see in the hotel photos is the horrible area that it is located in. It is the first time we have felt unsafe in our travels and when we ventured out at night to find somewhere to eat dinner, we returned quickly to the hotel after ten minutes . We had been warned that this area was very unsafe - don't wear gold jewellery, dress down etc. This was very true.

A security concern in the hotel is that it is not a requirement to insert your room card to access the upper floors (which means anyone from the street could walk in and up). Another downside is that the keys are the old fashioned kind with a huge, very heavy metal tag around 15cm long, so guests are required to hand them in and then request them when they return to the hotel.

The buffet breakfast was excellent with a wide range of selections to suit everyone. It was definitely worth adding to our hotel experience.

The biggest two complaints that we have for this hotel was the housekeeping and checking out.

The housekeeper knocked on our door before 8 am in the morning to see if we were there, and then when we answered the door pretended that she had made a mistake. Then we observed her knocking on everyone else's door as well (including the other room we had booked). We were concerned that it was actually someone pretending to be the housekeeper, but after seeing the hotel trolley with all the housekeeping equipment, we realised it actually was the housekeeper. We had had a big day the day before and were looking forward to a small sleep in, so being woken up before 8 am was not appreciated.

Upon checking out, I enquired if we could leave our three backpacks at the hotel while we explored Naples before our train left and the receptionist said it would be no problem. Upon seeing two suitcases sitting against a wall (obviously left by another guest for the same reason) I asked if our luggage would be put away safely in a security room. I was assured that this would happen and our luggage was given tags and I took the stubs. Upon returning to the hotel to collect our luggage, we walked past a large group of people checking in and were horrified to see our luggage still sitting against the wall where we had left it around six hours previously. We went and grabbed it - checked the contents (including passports) were still inside, then went and told the reception staff we had taken our baggage. This was very unimpressive.

So.....the only redeeming features of this hotel is the location to the train station (but the area is very unsafe) and the buffet breakfast. We certainly could not recommend this hotel after our experiences.

Room Tip: Choose a room not overlooking the train lines.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Massimo D, Direttore at Ramada Naples City Centre, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear guest,
Thanks for the comment on Ramada Naples that you wanted to share. In view of the wealth of detail in your assessments, I am skipping over the positive features of the hotel (the location, the breakfast and the property), which you also covered, to concentrate instead on the negative aspects. As for our housekeeping service, I apologise personally for the event, which will certainly be the subject of an investigation, but I would suggest you, in any hotel at all, to put up the ‘do not disturb’ notice when you want to rest longer than usual, to avoid any noises that the chambermaid might make in the corridor or near the room itself (with a vacuum cleaner, for instance). As for the deposit of your bags, I would underline that once the hotel has taken charge of them (a ticket was issued), the hotel always takes responsibility, under all circumstances. If the bags were not put into the deposit, it was almost certainly only because the deposit was full, for which reason they were left in an area, quite appropriate for luggage, next to the reception desk, where two members of our staff are always on duty. And then I wish to stress that all our guests regularly enjoy the city at any time of day; but so far we have not had any ‘missing in action’!
Kind regards,

Massimo De Angelis

Been to Ramada Naples City Centre? Share your experiences!