We booked this hotel as part of a "City Break" package with a well known UK travel company who deal through a high street travel agent. As such, and particularly in view of the pictures in the brochure, we expected a scenically placed hotel catering for tourists. What we actually got was a city centre (well, very built up) hotel. The beautiful open terrace shown in the brochure proved to be outside the breakfast room, and no doubt ideal for eating breakfast al fresco in the summer months with a very nice view of Castello Nuovo although at the time of our visit the terrace was not in use (too cold / wet) and the view was across a building site for the construction of a new Metro station. Presumably by implication once completed this will be underground and all will be restored.
Exaggeration by the holiday company however is not the fault of the hotel, which was clean and comfortable with friendly staff, some (not all) of whom spoke good English. They probably all spoke better English than my Italian but that sadly is not saying much.
The room itself was comfortable and importantly (with the window closed) quiet, the view was nothing to write home about being across the rooftops and airconditioning units of surrounding tower blocks (we were on the 6th floor). The bathroom was excellent with a superb walk in shower. There was a large flat screen TV with a couple of English channels, a safe and a mini bar although this only contained one bottle each of still and sparkling mineral water which were chargeable (1 euro) if used.
Breakfast, served in the room on the third floor with the terrace, was excellent, plenty of choice, all the usual ingredients for a decent continental breakfast and the bonus of sausages and scrambled eggs if desired.
There is no in house restaurant for evening meals but there are two gems within easy walking.
The hotel was a scary 20 minute taxi ride from the airport (no reflection on the taxi but the Italian roads are no place for the faint hearted and Naples is a far cry from the picture postcard one expected) but in fairness well placed for the Via Toledo and indeed the sea front and Chaia.
A much nicer hotel than its location promised but not a first choice for a holiday base.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This hotel, offering 85 airconditioned rooms, is located in the heart of Naples near the historical city centre and the Royal Palace, 5 minutes walk from ferries to Capri, Ischia, Sorrento and Sicily. 150 m from the Expo Napoli Convention Centre locatedinside the Stazione Marittima. Other features include a bar and a meeting room and public outdoor pay parking open from 6am to midnight (alternatives available on request). Guests must leave the car keys at the parking station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Venere, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Otel and Agoda so you can book your Mercure Napoli Angioino Centro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Napoli Angioino Centro Hotel Naples
- Mercure Hotel Naples
- Accor Napoli Angioino Centro