“Glad to have a big room for triple sharing” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Naples

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Naples to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Naples
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Domenico Aulisio - Centro Direzionale Isola E6, 80143 Naples, Italy   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #70 of 193 hotels in Naples
Singapore, Singapore
“Glad to have a big room for triple sharing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

The three of us who are sharing one room expected a regular size room but to our surprise we got a room which has another room inside which was great... Breakfast was average though and surrounding is far from interests ... Overall slightly above average

• Stayed June 2013
GMManager, Direttore at Holiday Inn Naples, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear 701kenny069
Thank you so much for your beautiful feedback; we are glad that our hotel and facilities made your stay with us very enjoyable.
I am particularly happy to know that you appreciated the size of our rooms, particularly convenient.
Once again thank you very much for your time and for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Naples and we hope to see you very soon here in Naples.

469 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Ramsgate, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Upon arriving in Naploli, we looked at our map to work our way to the hotel. We walked and walked and eventually the city ended. The streets were dark, dirty and there were lots of stray dogs and dodgy people lurking around. the roads were DANGEROUS so be aware! If it is your first time, it is nothing like traffic in the UK! Finally down a dirty side road we found the hotel and were greeted by a rather snooty Italian lady. The wifi is not free which is annoying althugh there is room service which we put up with paying large prices for the nice food.
I should add that although we were scared witless by the area at the beginning of our stay, by the end it was really quite funny and we got used to it!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
GMManager, Direttore at Holiday Inn Naples, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear VioletHall,
Thank you for your review.
I agree with you about the condition of the street where the Hotel is located and we hope that the public administration, that is in charge of the solution, soon will redevelop the area.
Concerning the “rather snooty Italian lady”, I’m sure it was an occasional event, since our staff is generally appreciated for the courtesy and efficiency towards our Guests.
I’m glad that you eventually acknowledged that at the end of your stay, some of the first impressions changed from scary to funny.
Waiting to see you again at the Holiday Inn Naples, I thank you for the time you dedicated to us and I send you my best regards
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

well, unless you are coming for business, this hotel location is poor.
anyway, when i came my room was dirty, internet didn't work and i had no where to go at night because of its location.

the room was filthy! the sheets, the shower, the sink...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Passepartout83,
I wish to thank you for the time you spent in sharing your experience at the Holiday Inn Naples.
I’m so sorry for the problems you mentioned and be assured that your report has been shared with the housekeeping.
We are doing our best to make as the stay of our Guests enjoyable as possible and the due measures will be taken to avoid the kind of bad service you borne.
I hope I will have the pleasure to welcome you to our Hotel in occasion of a future trip to Naples and thanking you once more for your attention, I remain, sincerely yours,
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

We stayed here due to an early flight out of Naples. Their free shuttle doesn't run when you need it. It was not available for 3 hours; hence, a 20 euro cab ride to the hotel.

Next, the front check-in staff were extremely rude. The 2 girls at the desk assumed I didn't understand Italian. They were wrong. We were just checking in.....did not ask for any favors. The one girl told the clerk next to her "don't give them an upgrade". I looked at her and responded, "I didn't ask for one." How rude can you be?....... To add insult to injury, the shuttle back to the airport the next morning doesn't begin until 8 or 9 am. Consequently, a 25 euro cab ride back to the airport. Holiday Inn should be ashamed of this rude behavior and treatment of their customers who they depend upon.

The only bright spot of this hotel was the male clerk I dealt with during checkout. He was very nice and helpful.

I would NEVER recommend this hotel or return there. They need to replace their rude staff.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Naples, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
Dear gerrynendick,

Thank you for your candid feedback. We give the utmost importance to your comments, as they enable us to further improve our services and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect. I am sorry for the inconvenience caused by the shuttle service and apologize for the unacceptable conduct of our hotel staff staff. We want our guest to have a pleasant and professional experience when dealing with our employees. Rest assured that these concerns will be looked into.

Again, I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel. We hope you will give us another opportunity to provide the exceptional service that Holiday Inn is known for and to show you how great our hotel is.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Deadwood, South Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

After reading all the bad reviews for this hotel, I was hesitant in booking it. However, it's very close to the airport (25E cab ride). I had booked a king size bed online. But I arrived early and my room wasn't ready yet. The person at the front desk was nice enough to give me a room with 2 queen beds that was ready, and it was also bigger than the room I would have gotten. It had a nice view and faced the pedestrian area outside the hotel. The room was clean and the sheets were fresh.

I arrived on a Sunday, so all the cafes and shops in the pedestrian area were closed. But, it is a very nice park-like area that I felt safe walking around in. On the other side of the hotel is a run-down area that does seem shady. If you plan on walking around, I would suggest staying in the pedestrian area, or taking a cab downtown.

Room Tip: I stayed in the 2000-something room floor. These rooms are high up and you don't hear the street...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
GMManager, Direttore at Holiday Inn Naples, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear katie123064
Many thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback and to have chosen the Holiday Inn Naples.
I am delighted to know that you very much enjoyed your accommodation and that you appreciated the cleaning of the room.
As you have pointed out our location is strategic, because of the proximity to the airport and the train station.
I agree with you that the area on the back of the Hotel needs a huge work to be cozy again, and we hope that the public administration will take care of it as soon as possible.
Best regards. Bruno De Caria, General Manager
Limnoypolh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

The service and personnel at the hotel restaurant was inadequate. Same thing at the breakfast too. This is not a Holiday Inn standard. What a pity for this good hotel! We stayed there for three days, but the last day we ate at the tratoria across the hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Jhonny G
Many thanks for the time you spent in reporting your experience at the Holiday Inn Naples.
I’m really sorry for the bad impression our restaurant staff gave you. I’ll share your information with our Maitre, to request a better attention.
We really hope to have another opportunity to invite you at our restaurant.
I’m glad that, excluding the restaurant service, you enjoyed your stay, and I hope to see you again in our Hotel.
Thanking you once more, I send you my best regards. Bruno De Caria, General Manager.
Forest Park, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We stayed here on our last night of vacation after visiting the Amalfi Coast. I cannot stress enough how disappointing this hotel is. Filthy windows, A/C broken, hair in tub and sink area, no free wifi, no wake up call that we requested. Luckily it was so uncomfortable that we were already laying awake when we needed to get up otherwise we could have missed our 7am flight. They say they have complimentary shuttle service to the airport but not if you have an early flight. That begins at 9am. Had to pay 25 euro for a taxi. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
GMManager, Direttore at Holiday Inn Naples, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear Amy R,
Thank you for sharing your experience.
I’m sorry for the problems reported, that I agree, should not happen.
Concerning the cleanliness I took corrective measures and revised with the Housekeeping Manager the entire cleaning and check process.
With regards to the missed wake up call, I would be grateful if you could provide me with the date of your stay in order to check what went wrong with system and make sure it won’t happen again.
Our shuttle service as you pointed out is complimentary and it is on a scheduled basis clearly described on our website. I’m sorry you couldn’t make use of it due to the timing of your flight. We heartily suggest our Guests to check the exact schedule with the hotel prior to arrival to be informed and avoid disappointment.
I thank you once more for your comments and I hope we will be able to welcome you again in the future. Bruno De Caria, General Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Naples? Share your experiences!