“Comfortable” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Naples

You added Holiday Inn Naples to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Naples
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Domenico Aulisio - Centro Direzionale Isola E6, 80143 Naples, Italy   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #62 of 188 Hotels in Naples
australia
“Comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

This hotel whilst is in a shabby area is perfect for arriving by car and not having to navigate the city. It's basic clean with good parking and not too expensive. Breakfast is adequate.
Napoli was interesting and much more than we expected.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
GMManager, Direttore at Holiday Inn Naples, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Dear AustraliaFrancesca
Thank you for the time spent in writing your review.
We are glad that you have appreciated the cleanliness of our hotel, our breakfast and the convenience of our parking.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again at the Holiday Inn Naples, if you are back to Naples in the future.
Kind regards. Bruno De Caria, General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
St. Petersburg, Russia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

I had to stay one night at Naples to catch an early morning flight back home. Had chosen the Holiday Inn as it has a shuttle bus ("la navetta" in Italian). This service worked perfectly fine. A nice young guy was running la navetta and I used it in total 3 times during same afternoon:airport - hotel; hotel- city center; city center - hotel. To find the stop at the airport you should better ask directions at the Information desk. The hotel is nothing special, the immediate surroundings are quite scary. Reception staff was very professional, strict, polite, fast. I enjoyed the bed - very comfortable and large. Appreciated the early morning coffee, juice and cake.

Room Tip: Do not take a smoking room - the windows don't open and the rooms are smelly
Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
GMManager, Direttore at Holiday Inn Naples, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear My_favourites_10

I wish to thank you for the revue about your stay at the Holiday Inn Naples.
It’s a pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your stay in our Hotel.
I’m sorry for the bad impression you had about the surroundings. The area facing the Hotel, I agree are not in good shape, but we hope that soon it will be redeveloped by the public administration, that is competent for the relating works.
The other side of the Hotel is quite different, since the Hotel is located in a modern business complex, and our building is one of the skyscrapers of the area. During the day thousand people enjoy the small restaurant and cafeterias and walk for shopping in several good value shops.

Thanking you once more, I hope to see you again in our Hotel.

Berlin, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

When I selected the hotel I check the location - between airport and main station - and the price. The price was very attractive and I thought this is a compromise to do.... Taxi from the airport 20 Euro, taxi to Mostra d'Oltremare (exhibition centre) - 25-30 Euro.... and you need a taxi to go everywhere. Public transport seems to be on permanent strike. The neighborhood, esp in the dark, is not inviting for walking around.
To say something good, the rooms are ok, have seen better times, but ok for a few days of business trip. Next time I have to rethink my compromise!

Room Tip: I had a room 4th floor to the back....it was quiet, but no view at all.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
GMManager, Direttore at Holiday Inn Naples, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear TorroGuide,
thank you very much for your review.
I’m sorry you rated our location so badly. While I agree with the fact that at night the area may be deserted, during day time the area offers nice shopping opportunities and nice bars and cafeterias where is possible to taste the famous Neapolitan coffee.
To reach the railways station and the center of the city, we have a free shuttle bus that runs frequently every day, while to reach the airport the shuttle bus runs only from Monday to Saturday (holidays excluded). So Guests are not obliged to take taxi or public transportation to reach those areas.
I hope you will come back to the Holiday Inn Naples in occasion of your next trip, and thanking you for your kind attention, I send you my best regards.
Bruno De Caria, General Manager
Damascus, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I stayed at this property in early May. I choose it for several reasons. 1) I am a regular customer of Holiday Inn properties in the United States. 2) It had generally good reviews by Trip Advisor. 3) Being completely unfamiliar with Naples, I wanted a place that I was comfortable with, in that I could obtain information in English. 4) My trip had several uncertainties in terms of timing and I could manage my reservations through the Priority Club website without penalty for changes and cancellations. I rated it with these factors in mind.

The good. I had a nice, comfortable room.

The not so good. The front desk was unable to comprehend that while I had multiple consecutive reservations (with different rates), I desired to stay in the same room for the entire stay. This took a significant amount of time to resolve at check-in. The night before I checked out, there was one of those voices in my head that said “you better review your bill before you leave at 4:30 AM”. I am glad I did as I was charged the highest reserved rate for all of the nights. Mistakes happen, but the front desk staff treated me as if I was the one who was wrong and I did not understand. I had to bring my notebook to the lobby, login to the reservations website, and show them each reservation to prove that I was right. (If I recall, the discrepancy amounted to about 75 Euros to the properties favor.) This property dropped from “average” to “poor” for this reason alone. (I am OK starting with the supposition that the customer may be wrong and that the property may be wrong. I am NOT OK with the customer is wrong and must prove himself otherwise.)

Notes of interest. This property is a modern property and is part of a very large pedestrian-only business district. The business district shuts down at 5 PM, literally. All restaurants close as well as the subway station. It is very safe to walk around the area at night as it is patrolled by no less than 4 different armed law enforcement organizations. For a tourist, this does not work well. Other than a pizza place (good pizza from a wood-fired oven; the other selections are microwaved – I saw the “kitchen”) next to the hotel, the only place to eat dinner is the hotel. It is a very expensive (30 Euros) buffet of average to less quality. If you are using the subway, you must return from Naples before the subway station closes. The hotel does have a shuttle to downtown Naples that runs throughout the day into early evening. But the pickup point downtown, after dark, was a little worrisome, even for me as I practice situational awareness. The hotel staff was able to provide very little assistance in terms of “tourist” questions.

Finally, with regards to the airport shuttle. There is a shuttle to/from the airport, which is free. The schedule strictly adhered to and has limited hours. The shuttle stop at the airport is very difficult to find. (It would be useful for the property to include a small map on its downloadable shuttle schedule.) While the hotel is only 10 minutes from the airport, I arrived late afternoon, called the hotel to inquire about the shuttle and was told the schedule was clearly published and that it would be there in 90 minutes. The airport shuttle also does not operate from the hotel in early morning hours, when most U.S. Citizens have to catch their flight to their connecting airport. You must use a cab.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Dear lamphs,
I’m happy you found our Hotel a good place to stay, even if something was not completely satisfying.
I checked carefully the issue about the bill, and I have to say that there was one mistake. You were in fact charged € 100 for a breakfast for a night you reserved room only. The history of your reservations shows that you booked some nights with breakfast and some nights without and this may have been the reason for the mistake, that I agree shouldn’t have been made.
Moreover, please note that there was also a double reservation made for the same period which may have contributed to the confusion.
I hope to see you again in our property and I can assure you we take care of our Guests in the best possible way.
Thanks for the time you dedicated to us. Best regards. Bruno De Caria, Generla Manager
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stayed 1 night at this hotel becasue it was close to the airport and the train station. Even though the front desk gal was friendly and our room was comfortable, roomy, clean and a resaonable rate I will never go to Naples again! It is a very seedy, dirty and extrememly unfriendly and rude locals! To get to the hotel you have to drive down this creepy alley way and I had to ask the taxi driver if this was the right hotel. My husband and I both looked at each other and said we were not even going to leave the hotel and venture out because it was so seedy! After checking in we decided to venture out to get something to eat. Big mistake! As we walked around the nearby area of small shops and cafes we were looked up and down at and practically snarled at. Very uncomfortable. We ended up eating at a place right next to the hotel called Regine'. We walked in and everyone including wait staff, cooks and customers glared at us. Needless to say the service was HORRIBLE! DO NOT GO THERE! In all fairness to the hotel none of this was their fault and we ended up having a lovely dinner with good service and wonderful wine at the hotel. So, if you HAVE to go to Naples only stay one night. Don't venture out and eat only at the Hotel!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Snottyrot,

Thank you for the time you spent in sharing your experience y our Hotel.
I’m sorry you didn’t like the cafes and shops of the area, that are usually appreciated by our Guests.
I really don’t understand your impression about people at the Reginé that glared at you, since some of our Clients agreed that restaurant and the nice pizza thay had. Most of them had nice word on tripadvisor.
I thank you for the nice words about our Hotel and our Restaurant that I think is…. simply the best in the world 

I hope you'l be again in our Hotel in occasion of your next trip to Naples.

Best regards.

Clarkston, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

My husband and I landed in Naples with intentions of getting a car and driving to Puglia. There was a mix up with the car and we had to stay in Naples for three nights. We asked at the airport who had a shuttle. This is how we ended up in a Holiday Inn in Naples. Everyone there was very helpful and accommodating. While I had planned to be in a much more "Italian" hotel, this was a pleasant and comfortable stay. We enjoyed being able to walk to the train even as we passed at least one closer station (a couple of times).

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear NWProgress,

Thank you for sharing with Tripadvisor readers you appreciation for the Holiday Inn Naples.

I’m sorry you had car mix up. Sometimes problems turn into nice experiences, and this has been the case.
I hope next time you will wish to stay with us again, and spend some more days in our beautiful City.

Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

If u r expecting a 4 star hotel services as in Europe or South Africa at Holiday Inn Naples, then U will be highly disappointed. I stayed there from 30 Sep to 6th Oct 2012 and had following observations
1. The staff knows very little English so there is lot of problem of communication.
2. They accept dollars for payment but at much less rate than the market. The $ in market was of 0.76 Euro whereas they were exchanging at 0.63.
3. They would take the full payment before the booking.
4. If u pay them dollars as guarantee which they ask if u do not have euros, they will return u euro only at above rate so u have no other choice than paying in dollars at much les rate than market.
5. The ROOM SERVICE is absolutely PATHETIC. I had been asking for electric kettle for 3 days but every time he would say I shall get it tomorrow, NOT NOW.
6. The breakfast is VERY POOR for vegetarians. They have no standards, no procedures. For first couple of days I had been taking half fried eggs and on third day there was a new manager who said that half fried eggs will cost extra. I had great difficulty in communicating with him and HE WAS VERY RUDE.
7. It is far from metro and it is far from convention halls.
TO AVOID EMBARRASSMENT, TRY SOME OTHER HOTEL>

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear mamughalpk,

I’m sorry for your disappointment about our Hotel and service, but I appreciate the opportunity you gave me, to check the issues indicated.

A huge part of our Guests are coming from abroad, and we never experienced problems in communication with them.
Concerning the exchange rate, we update it daily and we don’t have a difference like the one you mentioned. Is it possible your comparison has been done with rates of different days? Here again, many Guests pay in foreign currency and no one complained about the rate
Regarding the prepayment, I think you mean full prepayment after the booking or upon check in. In the first case, the payment is done by credit card, since is before Guest’s arrival. In the second case could be done in cash or credit card. In both cases it may depend on the kind of rate booked, since, as per company policy, the advanced bookings, at discounted rates, foresee the prepayment.
For the kettle, I thank you for reporting this problem and I’m sorry you had the wrong answer and a bad service. Your indication is helpful to understand the reason of this problem and I’ll take the right measures to avoid it for the future.
At breakfast some vegetarian products are available, and some other can be asked. Not all of them are subject to supplement, and I’ll check with the Restaurant manager the issue of the half fried egg.
Last, the location. The convention hall is in the other side of the city. Our Hotel has a free shuttle bus that runs frequently to the center of Naples, but not to the convention hall. At 3 minutes walking from the Hotel il located the Circumvesuviana station.

Thanks again for the time you dedicated to us

GM

Been to Holiday Inn Naples? Share your experiences!