1. GEM in Naples! Naples is quite poorly kept & the building is a fresh, pristine, elegant, perfectly preserved old palace renovated with tasteful balance of old & new elements
2. PUBLIC SPACES & ROOMS: gorgeous, clean, spacious, big superb inner court lounge & restaurant, pleasant music...
3. ROOMS: gorgeous, clean, slick modern, good light, safe, dryer, strong water pressure, very generous soap/shampoo...
4. FOOD: best food of any hotel or restaurant in Italy (we visited Rome, Sorrento, Positano, Amalfi, Capri), whether breakfast, lunch or dinner!
5. SERVICE: very friendly, flexible, very accommodating, fast, efficient, beyond expectation
6. PRICE: very reasonable: €400 (2 nights + 3 quality meals!) (at least when we visited as couple in 2013-06-19+20)
7. CHALLENGE: we challenge anyone to find better value/quality/surroundings/service in Italy, especially Naples