“Very near train station” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Regina Napoli
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Via Milano, 13, 80142 Naples, Italy   |
Ranked #168 of 406 Naples B&B and Inns
Ljubljana
“Very near train station”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

The hotel is three minutes walking from Napoli Centrale train station. It's in the third floor of one big house. The area is not nice, but has very good position. Rooms are very clean, so don't be scared by the impression of stairway (which is common with other flats). Very good place for short city tour orientated vacation.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Prague, Czech Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I' ve been at Regina Hotel on December 2012. It is a new three stars hotel, with clean, big and comfortable rooms all furnished with private bathrooms. Our room has aslo a big balcony. When we arrived a very gentle man received us and explaned how to visit the city. The service is excelent and I felt like at home. The location is straegic to visit the city. It is 3 min walk from the Central Station (metro, circumvesuviana) and from Molo Beverello (boat to capri and ischia) (5 min by taxi).

It is really cheap for the service offered.Really recommended.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Winnipeg, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

It seemed really clean, but after a couple of days, I had all of these marks all over (which were insanely itchy). I went to a local doctor and he told me that it was bed bugs. I was so grossed out.

Ugh.

The area is a wee bit sketchy as well. We had a couple of instances where we were pick-pocketed. But, that isn't this hotel's fault; it's the area. We'll stay elsewhere when we come back to Naples (for the pizza, of course).

Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Wroclaw, Poland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

We spend there 4 nights, the room and the bathroom was very clean. There was a hair dryer. Air condition is a mistake, has no output to outside, it just cant work, but we were in September when it is not so hot. Generally we were very satisfied with the room, but the localization wasn't best. It is not so go around the railway station in Naples at night.

Room Tip: Maybe other rooms has working air conditioning, check it first.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

The room was clean. The man on reception spoke about 2 words of English, which was a bit of a challenge. The cleaner was the best thing about my stay as he was really friendly and kind and spoke English.
There was a really toxic funky smell in the bathroom that took my breath away (Like a cross between mould and a gas leak?). The shower was Very small, which was fine for me, but someone taller/larger would have struggled in the confined cubicle.
I was grateful to be able to check in at 12, instead of the 3pm checkin time listed on the hotel site I booked it through. However, on the final day I was in Naples I wanted to take a day-trip to Sorrento but couldn't do that as the man on reception would'nt let me leave my bags at the hotel to come and collect later.
There was no restaurant that I could see. no breakfast facilities or inclusions. No WIFI, as advertised. The heater didn't work in my room and there was NEVER anyone on reception in the evenings to assist me so I was thankful for the extra blanket in the room.
The TV had NO english channels, and no option to change the dubbed language into English or get English subtitles. Only music channels had some english songs playing.
The area was quite seedy, but I found all of Naples to be a gritty, dirty town anyways, and I didn't feel unsafe. It was a great location for accessing the train station and one of the ferry docks, and not really too far to Piazza de Plebicito (about a 15+ minute walk).
Wouldn't recommend this hotel at all. For the price (100Euros for 2 nights) with no heating, or wifi, or breakfast, or option to leave my bag = absolutely crap!. Then again, as I was walking around Naples I didn't see any really nice looking hotels anyway. If they are there then I bet they are really expensive, but I'd suggest flying into Naples and getting the hell out of there to Sorrento and the Amalfi coast!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
München, Deutschland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

this hotel is located centrally, but the area is really poorly kept. the hotel itself is clean, and we found a cheap room rate, however, it does not include a shower. at all. no shared area, bath, or any way to clean yourself apart from in the sink. the hotel is all non smoking BUT the owners smoke all through the hotel, and some areas smell of smoke. the area is loud, and so is the room if you have the window open. there is no airconditioning. on the up side, there are always clean towels everyday, and the rooms are clean. in the day times it was a chore to get in to the hotel, as you need to buzz in normally, they lock the door, but are always there to let you in. recomended for staying for one night or maybe two, but not more, unless your room has a shower, you cannot ask for one either. and don't ask for a shower, otherwise you will experience the owner's italian carry on about how the internet says, there is no shower.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2011

Great location near the hotel. Easy to find. The hotel is very clean and moden compare to those in the neighborhood. The balcony is very nice to have. Highly recommanded for the money. Only problem is that the owner doesn't speak English.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Regina Napoli? Share your experiences!