“Fabulous half day” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 32 Activities in Capri
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Tours and transfers by sea around Capri and along the Amalfi Coast. Private gozzi boats and speedboat for a relaxing and amazing experience. Contact us!
7 attraction reviews
“Fabulous half day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

I spent a fabulous half day on a boat with Giovanni. Although not really an English speaker (and although they did advertise English Guides!) Giovanni did his best and really it was my fault for not brushing up on Italian!

Half day cost: €220

After arriving early for my appointment, Andrea took me to the boat and Giovanni and I pottered off. The boat was modern, clean spacious enough for at least 4/5 people - even though it was just me. There was a cool box with water, soft drinks and Italian beer to drink, which was a surprise as they advertised that there would only be water. The cushions on the front deck were very comfortable indeed and even though I didn't want it, there was the option of shade.

The pace was very very relaxing, and although the water got slightly choppy at times it was mostly calm. Even now and again, Giovanni would pipe up to tell me about some rich bloke who owned a house 'in the green', but I was really only there for the boat trip and not particularly interested, but I let him tell me all the facts and information because it made him happy.

At the blue grotto, he asked if, because it was my birthday, I wanted to go for a swim inside, which I did, and it was amazing. It was only when we came out of the cave that I saw the signs saying that it was illegal!

Then when we got to the Green Grotto, he asked if I fancied swimming through. "You swim, I meet other side" said Giovanni, Fair enough, it didn't seem that far, I thought and jumped in. I'm not a particularly strong swimmer and It wasn't until I was halfway through, spluttering cos I'd swallowed a mouthful of water, that things got a bit choppy and I started getting cramp. I guess I wouldn't recommend it unless you were quite a confident and strongish swimmer. Just as I thought, OMG I'm probably going to die right here, Giovanni appeared with the boat.

After a while I asked if we could stop somewhere and we did in a little bay just before the lovers rocks. We anchored up and I had a little nap. Then it was back to Capri Marina.

If doing a half day, I recommend that you take some food with you as there is none on board.

All in all probably the best thing I've done on holiday since the Great Wall!

Visited July 2013

green bay
“The perfect way to spend 1/2 day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Our family spent 4 wonderful hours with Giovanni touring the waters and grottos of Capri. It was the most relaxing time of our 2-week vacation to Italy and truly a welcome break from an otherwise fast paced trip. Due to ferry delays, we were slightly late for our appointment, but this was taken in stride by Andrea and Giovanni. The gozzo was clean and comfortable, the perfect size for a family of 4. And while sometimes Giovanni struggled with English, it was still much better than my Italian, and he ultimately did a great job showing and describing the sites. Anyone who is interested in a relaxing, fun (did I mention that my son swam through the Green Grotto…), informative trip around Capri (rather than racing to the Blue Grotto and back) should look up Andrea and Giovanni; it will be money well spent.

Visited June 2013
Houston, Texas
“Best experience in Capri... thanks to Marcello!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Our already great trip to Capri was made even better by the 1/2 day boat ride we took with our captain/guide, Marcello. He came to pick us up all the way to the marina piccola, which is on the other side of Capri's main port, and showed us around the island sharing his knowledge of the rich history of the island, as well as the houses of the celebrities living there. We went to the different grottos for a swim and he was always very pending of our safety. He then shared with us a glass of champagne and later on some wine to make the trip even more special. My girlfriend and I had the greatest time, and we will surely book another boat ride with Marcello next time we go to capri!

Visited September 2012
Dallas, TX
6 attraction reviews
“Marcello is the best; this is the way you should see Capri”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We went to Capri when our cruise stopped in Naples. Getting there can be a bit crazy (try to be the first off the boat; and know that there are no lines - just mobs of people getting on the boats on the way back). We spent 4 hours on our tour of Capri and it was the highlight of our Eastern Mediterranean cruise. Marcello was awesome with our 3 year old son. If we went back, we would skip the blue grotto - but we wouldn't skip this excellent excursion. Highly recommended.

Visited August 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 attraction reviews
“Franco is the best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

Franco was my guide for a tour around the island and he was the best guide I could've asked for. My italian was poor and his english wasn't too strong, but we made it work. He had the biggest heart and clearly loves Capri. He took me to each grotto and explained to me, the best he could, the story behind the grottos. He has been doing this for years and you could tell. He also brought fresh fruit from his garden at home that he shared with me. By the end of hte trip I had made a friend! I HIGHLY recommend Franco to any future tourists in Capri. Worth every penny (and he deserves a good tip too!)

Visited June 2012