“What a view!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mamela Hotel

You added Mamela Hotel to your Saves list
Mamela Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Campo di Teste, 8, 80073 Capri, Island of Capri, Italy   |
Ranked #13 of 42 Hotels in Capri
NJ USA
“What a view!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2010

WOW! This hotel is gorgeous- we had a room with such a fantastic view- it was incredible. The bedroom and bathroom are both huge by European standards. The room simply decorated but pretty. I loved the location as well. It was just a quick walk to the piazza yet removed enough from the main street that it was quiet at night. The pool area is very pretty and the breakfast in the morning was nice out on their patio. We rented a boat one day and explored all of the caves and grottos on our own. It was fantastic and I highly, highly recommend it (if you have boating experience)! Renting a scooter and driving to Anacapri was fun too- it is a beautiful drive! For all the girls out there- get a pair of custom made sandals by Antonio Viva while you are in Anacapri! They are expensive but are so beautiful and so special!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2010

We stayed here for the first, and last time, a few weeks ago. I had three teenagers with me, and we were with another family with two teenagers. The location is just ok....be prepared, as someone else said, to take your own luggage up. The elevator only fits about 3 people in it, and takes absolutely forever. We ended up walking up 3 flights of stairs most of the time instead of waiting on the elevator. My room was somewhat comfortable temperature-wise, but the kids' room was quite warm the whole time. The air vent in my room above the dresser dripped water the entire time. My shower stopped up everytime I used it. Each day, I asked for someone to take a look at it. Each day I was told someone had fixed it. Never was I offered another room....they eventually, on my last night, told me that it couldn't be fixed, that that was just the way it was. The beds are horrible....it would have been more comfortable to sleep on the floor. Only one of the front desk staff was helpful....the others were quite aloof. The breakfast, however, was delicious, and the breakfast staff very nice.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2010

We have stayed at the Mamela hotel on Capri at least 5 times and iot continues to impress me. Very clean and very friendly. It's location is perfect...close enough to the action but far enough away to be private. Great views!!!

Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Union, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2010

My Husband and I stayed at the Hotel Mamela for the first half of our Honeymoon. We had a deluxe suite and couldn't have been happier. Our view was breathtaking and the service was excellent. I would recommend this hotel to anyone enjoying a quiet romantic getaway! PS. The pool was great!!!

Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Oslo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2009

The hotel is a lovely 4 star hotel, within a short walk from everything in Capri.
Nice terrace and pool area, and the lunch area has a great view and a decent lunch at reasonable prices (for Capri).

The hotel has a policy of not allowing children under 14 in the pool after 1 pm. In all fairness, this should have been made clear to us when we made the reservation, including a 7 year old boy. This is also not clear from the hotel website. We complained, and the rule was changed while we were there.

It is a bit pricy, but then again - this is Capri.

Other than that - a nice hotel, with a friendly staff - including the room maids - and is clearly under excellent management.

Recommended!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2008

I stayed here with two girlfriends this summer, it was my fourth trip to Capri but the first time I had stayed at the Mamela.

I really can't say enough good things about this hotel, the location is excellent, 5 minutes walk from Via Camarelle with all the main shops, resturants, bars...

The staff were all lovely, the hotel does not serve dinner but the lunch was divine, served in the resturant on a terrace (book a table at the edge to make the most of the view), the swimming pool is a great size, always an attendent present, always enough sunbeds.

The breakfast included in the price of the room is coffee, fruit & crossaints, plus eggs dishes at an extra charge.

The only downside (and not the hotels fault) was a few loud Americans whose voices could be heard constantly at breakfast, lunch, the pool... but perhaps that is just due to the time we visited. But in summary, lovely hotel, and I shall return!

• Liked — Everything... location, pool, food, drink
  • Disliked — Checking out
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2008

Hotel Mamela was the most pleasant stay we had while traveling in Europe. The staff was great (especially Nadine at the front desk) and went above and beyond to help us with converters, directions, restaurant reservations, boat tickets and luggage. We had only wonderful things to say and no complaints. The room was spacious and VERY clean, the complimentary breakfast was great, the pool is gorgeous and the hotel is in a great location. I would, without a doubt, stay there again.

Stayed September 2008

Been to Mamela Hotel? Share your experiences!