“The best experience in Capri, by far!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #16 of 32 Activities in Capri
Type: Boat Tours, Sightseeing Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: You will discover many treasures ashore but there is nothing quite like spending a day with Marcello's Boat exploring the island from the sea.
Miami
“The best experience in Capri, by far!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

Our hotel recommended Marcello for a private boat tour. He exceeded our expectations. He was very friendly and informative. Not only did he show us the entire island, but he took us in to many grottos, explained the history behind the sites, and had a well stocked cooler with water, soft drinks and prosecco. The boat was very nice and comfortable. We were forewarned that at the port, boat operators may spring unexpected charges on you after your trip. This is definitely not the case with Marcello. What he quotes you at the beginning, is what he charges, and our trip was worth every penny.

Visited June 2012

Essex
“Book Marcello - You will not be dissapointed.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

My wife and I went to Capri for our 10th wedding anniversary. Our hotel recommended that we use Marcello.He was wonderful. He gave us lots of facts about the Island and took lots of photos of my wife and I for us and stopped at points for us to take photos. We felt very relaxed in his company. We did go to the harbour to try and get a deal on a boat but they were all much smaller than Marcello's and they spoke poor English. I would strongly recommend him.

Visited June 2012
Minneapolis, Minnesota
7 attraction reviews
“Best thing I did while in Capri.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

I decided to splurge and scheduled a private tour by boat of the Island, my hotel sent Marcello to pick me up from the Grotta azzura where I had been and from there it was a wonderful boat ride. Marcello will take his time to show you every Grotta and get very close to them, zig zagging in and out of them, he will explain every sight and history of the island. I only wish the weather had been warmer because Marcello will take time to find the perfect spot to swimm in crystal clear blue water. I highly recommend Marcello's Boats Capri, he is very kind, friendly and patient and the boat is very comfortable.

Visited April 2012
Feldkirch, Austria
3 attraction reviews
“An expert when it comes to Capri’s hidden secrets!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

We booked the 2 hour tour with Marcello and we were overwhelmed by the beauty this famous little island has to offer. Although there are numerous amazing places on the island to visit like the “Villa San Michele” the “Augustus Gardens” and the spectacular view on the “Faraglioni Islands”, the best way to get to know the hidden beauty of Capri is by boat! We made the around the island trip and visited all the beautiful grottos like the “Green” and the “White Grotto”, had possibilities to swim in the crystal-clear water and did some snorkeling. Marcello is an expert when it comes to Capri’s hidden secrets, knows all the names and story’s about every rock and cave which we passed and visited. (Don’t forget to take your camera!)
On the boat there is a place where you can sit, eat or have drink or you get tanned and enjoy the sea breeze in the front area of the boat. The towels are included. We would have had the possibility to visit the famous “Blue Grotto” as well but my suggestion is not to waste too much time on that, the waiting time is up to one hour and the island has to offer so many beautiful grottos and places to visit! Grazie Marcello for a beautiful and unforgettable trip, we will see you next year!

Visited August 2011
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
“An unforgettable way to see the beauty of Capri!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

Marcello is an excellent boatman and he knows how to show his guests the beauty that Capri and the surrounding sea have to offer. We took a half day trip around the island which included swimming, sightseeing and an amazing look at the island from sea level. If you like to swim bring your mask and snorkel because the water is crystal clear and the view from underwater is spectacular. If you go to Capri for any length of time you have to see the island from the sea and Marcello's boat is a great way to do it!

Visited July 2011