“Overpriced beverage and service” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Jerusalem, Israel
“Overpriced beverage and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Our group was recommended this restaurant in Capri.After we returned with the cable car we stopped at this restaurant. The service was ok but the dishes arrived a little slowly.The choice in the menu was excellent and the food was very good and tasty.The problem was with the beer which was charged at eight euro a bottle !They did not gave us a beverage menu so this price was quite unexpected.The other unpleasant surprise was the bill:I was charged both 15% service charge and an additional fix charge per cover.The price of the Greek salad was high but acceptable.
My advice is to ask for the price of anything you order that is not in the menu.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Edmonton, Canada
“Needlessly over priced! Wow!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

My mistake. When I ordered an 11 Euro ($14.85 USD) pizza I made the assumption that this restaurant was reasonably priced. Oops! my wife and I shared the pizza and each ordered two small glasses of local draught beer (Peroni). Imagine my surprise when we received a bill for 55 Euros ($75 USD). The four small beers came out to 32 Euros ($43.15 USD), and on top they charged a 2.50 Euro cover charge per person to sit in the restaurant, plus a 15% service charge on top of the whole thing. The view from the restaurant was nice, but no better than anywhere in Capri or the Amalfi Coast. I have had much better meals with better views for half the price in the same part of Italy. Do yourself a favour and keep walking past this place.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
cheshire
“Second visit second bad experience!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

After having a previous very bad experience here and vowing not to set foot in the place again I was invited to join a friend for lunch and met her there. Thought for her sake would keep an open mind........it hasn't changed and now she has joined me in vowing not to go again!!! Rude service, poor food at silly prices, try to suggest you try things not on the menu and mocked me when I asked for a price first. Having experienced the tricks before I was wise to it thank goodness. This place could be amazing given the view they have if only they realised that customers don't like being treated badly and ripped off.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Brisbane, Australia
“A Great View and a Great Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I would definitely recommend this restaurant. Reading other reviews was surprising to us that there where negative reviews. We had dinner here on a quiet night and where really impressed with the food. The night before we went to another restaurant Edode which was highly recommended to us and we found that Capri's was better food, better service at a better price with a view that no other restaurant possibly has. Yes this restaurant is your typical tourist trap and we really try to avoid those places, but we really couldn't fault Capris.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“Rude and indifferent wait staff”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

This was an extremely negative experience for us. We were with a group of three couples and we stopped in to Capri's to have lunch while visiting the Island of Capri. Our waiter could not possibly have been more rude. Not sure what we did to set him off, but he totally ignored us, and most of the people that came in to the restaurant after us were served and finished eating well ahead of us. Order came out wrong when the food did finally arrive. Had to run down another waiter up at the front to get our check as our waiter continued to ignore us. To rub salt in the wound, they include an 18% gratuity. I wouldn't have left him 5% and I'm a heavy tipper.
Avoid this restaurant while visiting Capri. There are plenty of other choices.

• Visited September 2013