“Great, little place in the center Capri!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
zurich
“Great, little place in the center Capri!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

We had reservations so we got a table outside on the terrace for dinner. It was great fun to watch the "action" on the piazza below from the bell tower! The pasta was very good and the Sea Bass special was excellent as well as the bruschetta. The only so-so dish was the chicken cutlet. Not a fancy or big menu but overall very good food with very fair prices for Capri. Also, we enjoyed our wine.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Gloucester, MA
“Great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

Had a reservation, we had a table over looking the square.. That was perfect, ordered a bottle of vino, was very pleased with it. Lemon risotto was outstanding. Service was good, have already recommend it to others on vacation here. I plan to eat here again before I leave for the states.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Off it's game, with off squid !”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

i saw that the last review, written on 6th October, was bad, but thought it may be out-weighed by all the good ones. So we went for a meal tonight. My husband ordered the calamari, but as soon as it reached the table we could smell it was off. The waitress was not apologetic, but said it had come from the fish shop this morning, so it was the fault of the supplier, not them. Can't understand how the chef couldn't have smelt it. She hastily offered a steak instead, although she did not ask how he wanted it cooked. The steak was actually very good. But when the bill came, it was for the full charge. We said we were not prepared to pay the full price, when we had had to wait for the steak, so we did not eat together. She, again, was not at all apologetic, and unhappy when we argued that we would not pay full price for the meal. Just hope my husband isn't ill tonight or we'll be asking for compensation ! Obviously off it's game at the moment.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Fabrizio A, Proprietario at Pulalli Wine Bar, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Gentile Signora, mi chiamo Fabrizio e sono il titolare del ristorante, purtroppo non ci siamo mai visti in quanto la sera della sua visita non ero nel mio locale per seri motivi personali.
Chiedo scusa a Lei e a Suo marito per ciò che è successo e che mai sarebbe dovuto succedere, in 13 anni di attività non mi era mai capitato prima.
Tuttavia la Sua protesta è stata un tantino esagerata, sia in quanto i miei colloboratori hanno immediatamente provveduto a porre rimedio alla situzione e a scusarsi con Lei, sia nel dire che Suo marito sarebbe potuto star male visto che aveva giusto assagiato.
Lei ha scritto la recensione quella stessa sera e credo che era giustamente nervosa.
Per quanto riguarda il conto, il piatto di calamari non le è stato ovviamente addebitato mentre le è stato calcolato il prezzo del filetto che ha preso in sostituzione(differenza di 4 euro) e che sono felice e La ringrazio per aver gradito, e comunque la responsabile ha accettato lo sconto da Lei stabilito.
Inoltre mi scuso per l'attesa dovuta all'inconveniente che ha impedito di mangiare in contemporanea e che non Le sia stata chiesta la cottura del filetto.
Mi piacerebbe cle Lei un giorno possa darmi un'altra possibilità e magari cambiare la Sua opinione sul mio ristorante avrei così il sincero piacere di conoscerla di persona.
Cordialmente.
Fabrizio Arbace

Per utenti non italiani - For not italian readers

My name is Fabrizio and I am the owner of the restaurant.
Unfortunately we never meet because the night of your visit I wasn't in the restaurant for serious personal problem.
I apologize you and your husband for the happening that i never wanted to happen, in thirteen years of activityit has never happened before.
Anyway, your claim was a little too laud, because the waitress immediately provided at the situation, also saying that your husband would be ill after trying the food.
You wrote on trip advisor the same evening of the happening and obviously you were very disappointed.
When the the bill arrived, the calamari dish wasn't included, it has been calculated the steak you have eaten (the difference was 4 euro), and I am happy that you have enjoyded it, anyway the manager accepted the discount you made for yourself. Also I apologize for the time you have been waiting for the cooking of the dish, so you couldn't eat at the same time with your husband and I am sorry that the waitress didn't ask you "How you wanted to be cook!".
I would be pleased that one day you could give me a second chance so you could change your idea of my restaurant and I could have the pleasure to meet you and your husband.
Best regards
Fabrizio Arbace
“Do not recommend”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

The table was nice...but got quite suprised when my risotto funghi porcini arrived and it tasted exacly like Knorr risotto pouch...for only 15 euros!!!! Felt like a fool...never expected something like that! If you will offer a ready made stuff, don't put in your menu!!!! Super sad...

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Finland
“Best lunch in Capri”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

We liked the simple and good food of Pulalli. The location is great by the main square by a bell. We thought that price level was ok because down at the square prices are much higher than above at Pulalli. We had two lunches at Pulalli because my wife learnt finaly to like shrimp pasta. It is a very small restaurant. If you want to have a view or eat outside, make a reservation for the table.

• Visited September 2012