Got back last Friday after a fantastic 7 night stay. What can i say about this place. Only 23 bedrooms so a real boutique feel. Our room (302) was very well proportioned, in fact, much bigger than I had expected. I can’t speak for every room but they all looked pretty good to me. The hotel is right in the heart of Sorrento but, if you’re worried about noise, don’t be. Once you close the windows, amazingly, you can’t hear a thing. The air con was fine and the fixtures & fittings in the rooms were spot on. The bed was really comfy too! The staff, particularly on reception, tend to keep themselves to themselves, which is fine although the guy that serves at breakfast was a real hoot! I was also very impressed with the guy who works on the roof terrace. He gave us some great restaurant tips.
The roof terrace has a small pool which appeared to be very cold although I didn’t go in myself but the public area was lovely. Great views, plenty of space a very clean. You can get a drink on the terrace in the evening which I would highly recommend. Breakfast was perfectly adequate & the coffee was lovely. Plenty to eat if you’re hungry with a good variety. We travelled with Simply Travel, a subsidiary of Thomson, & they deserve a mention too as we had a private taxi transfer to the hotel from Naples airport included in the price which was a real treat. Transfer takes about 1 ½ hours by road (the traffic is crazy any time of day) and a taxi would cost around 80 euro each way if you chose to pay. My only slight complaint is that I had to ring to find out what time our return taxi was picking us up. It would have been nice if they had contacted me first.
Sorrento is a great base to explore this wonderful part of Italy. There are loads of lovely bars & restaurants to suit all tastes and pockets. If you’ve never been you really should and the Hotel Palazzo Guardati would certainly get my vote as a great place to stay. I’ve been to Sorrento 3 times & will certainly be back and will definitely return to this hotel (providing they don’t get too popular & put their process up!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Palazzo Guardati, well-known 4 stars hotel, is located in the historical center of the vivacious Sorrento town, among the more suggestive places of Naples Gulf.Located not far from the sea and absorbed in the characteristic historical center,full of small shops and workshops of the typical Sorrento craftsmanship, it gives to its guests the possibility to live fully the magic Sorrento atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Venere, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Palazzo Guardati reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palazzo Guardati Sorrento
- Palazzo Guardati Hotel Sorrento