“Warm, friendly, reliable. Wonderful service!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #47 of 106 Tours & Activities in Sorrento
More attraction details
Owner description: My name is Gianpiero Fiorentino, I'm an experienced and professional private driver since 1995. I was born and raised in Sorrento and I still live there. I'm an English speaking driver and also a wine connoisseur.I always try to meet the needs of each customer and I'm able to suggest them how to experience the best of Italy in their short time with me.
Hawthorne, New Jersey, USA
“Warm, friendly, reliable. Wonderful service!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

We found Gianpiero online. I contacted him via email and I found him (even in his emails) to be professional, thorough, friendly and responsive. He provided our transfer from Rome to Sorrento. Immediately we were greeted by his smile and warm nature. We spent two more days with Gianpiero wherein he took us first our drive of the Amalfi Coast. Before we left that day he arranged for a trip to the olive orchard where we had a wonderful tour and tasting and learned how the oil is made. It was wonderful! Gianpiero was informative and took us to the very best spots for pictures along the coast. He also knew which places to avoid that tend to be crowded with tourists. He recommended a wonderful restaurant in Ruvello with a spectacular view for lunch. Towards the end of the day (knowing how I love meats and cheeses) he asked if we would like to stop by his friend’s shop to sample some meats. We were greeted by his friends with unbelievable warmth and hospitality. We had wine, cheese, meats, bread, figs etc. The quality of the food was incredible. We watched them make mozzarella cheese is front of us as the owner shared his love and the art of making cheese with us. It was a memorable experience and we were are thankful that Gianpiero shared his friends with us! The next day we spent with Gianpiero was to see Vesuvius and Pompeii. He gave us options as to how we could access the mountain and then arranged the trip accordingly complete with a stop at a little coffee shop. After Vesuvius he took us to a wine vineyard where we had lunch amidst the vineyards complete with a full meal and wine sampling. It was incredible! The owners were knowledgeable and hospitable. From there he arranged for us a tour with a private tour guide of Pompeii. This is the way to go! She was incredibly well spoken and had an impressive knowledge of the history and art. I wish we could have taken her along for the entire trip! Gianpiero also provided our transfer from Sorrento back to Rome on our return home. Overall – I cannot say enough good things about Gianpiero. From the personalization of our excursions to his friendly manner, stories, and the care he took help us create a once in a lifetime experience. I would not only recommend him to others but plan on using him again when in that area. Thank you Gianpiero!!!

Visited October 2013

Rockville, Maryland
“Could not have been better”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

My family and I (myself, my wife and three boys, 16,14 and 10) spent the day with Gianpiero touring the Amalfi coast and Sorrento. He picked us up in Naples, as we arrived on a cruise ship, having been to Monte Carlo, Florence and Rome the previous three days. On each of these stops we had a driver and guide, but none provided the richness of experience we felt with Gianpiero. Although the scenery itself was breathtaking, riding and speaking with Gianpiero was like having a family member show you around a country he loves. The setting for lunch high above Positano was indescribable. Suffice it to say that my three boys thought this was the most memorable day of touring on our trip. My wife and I would concur.

Visited July 2013
Ocean Ridge, Florida
“Great tour of Naples and Amalfi countryside”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

My wife found Gianpiero and I have to give her credit for a great choice. He picked us up at the Naples train station and took us to lunch at a winery on the slopes of Mt Vesuvius and then to Pompeii for a tour of the amazing ruins there. Afterwards he took us to our hotel in Amalfi.
On the last day of our trip to the Amalfi coast, Gianpiero picked us up and took us to the ceramic factorys in Vietri Sul Mare where we bought new table ware for the half the price of Positano. Then we went to a private wine tasting that he had arranged at De Concilis winery that was top shelf and highly recommended. We then went to a Buffalo Mozzarella farm with the Buffalo grazing right out front! We sample all their cheese and meat products and had a great lunch. Then on the way back to Amalfi we took a detour to Ravello where we sampled various Lemoncello and other aperitifs and bought some to bring home, Finally we ended the day with a trip to the magnificent gardens of Villa Cimbrone on the cliffs overlooking the sea. Two amazing days with GP who was delightful to be with. His Mercedes was clean and well maintained. His English is excellent and his attitude is even better. We felt like we made a friend while we toured one of the most beautiful places in the world. Can wait to go back. Highly recommended!

Visited July 2013
Owings Mills, Maryland, United States
10 attraction reviews
“Perfect Day along the Amalfi Coast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

My husband and I ventured out on June 30 with Gianpiero on a tour of the Amalfi Coast. He picked us up at our hotel right on time for our tour. As we drove, we stopped at perfect spots to take pictures and admire the view. He was able to give us history of the towns surrounding Naples as we drove, also. Along the drive up the coast, we stopped at many places, including small towns where we could shop. He took us to an amazing restaurant on the water where we enjoyed some delicious seafood. We also stopped at some tourist spots, such as the Green Grotto. We had such an amazing time and would go again with Gianpiero!

Visited June 2013