“Beautiful views, picturesque solitude” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Villa Fiorita
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Nastro Verde, 96, 80067 Sorrento, Italy   |
Ranked #43 of 96 Hotels in Sorrento
New Jersey
“Beautiful views, picturesque solitude”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Wonderful, helpful, friendly staff who made us feel at home. We enjoyed staying on the hillside above Sorrento. Hotel staff helped with information, tickets, and travel for our excursions to Capri, Amalfi, Positano, Herculaneum, Pompeii, Vesuvius. All were flawless and enjoyable. The hotel provided a convenient free bus on the hour to Sorrento and back. Breakfast and dinner were relaxing and the food was delicious. The dinner menu featured specialties of the area and all were great - incredible seafood. We especially enjoyed the ripe local fruit, cakes, and pastries at breakfast. The hotel interior is fresh and lovely. The view from our balcony was postcard perfect.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My partner and I stayed last week (see her review "barking dogs". The management response said there has never been an issue with barking dogs. This is a strange response, as my partner and I discussed the situation with the day manager, and he jokingly said he knew how to take care of the problem!! We could not sit outside our room for the noise, especially when the fireworks got the dogs howling. The manager did say there was a kennel down below the hotel. (could it be a language barrier?) If it is not a kennel, then it is a neighbor with a lot of dogs. A second conversation took place with the wife-she said just go inside and close the door and you won't hear the barking. Not a great option!!
Overall, it is a nice hotel and we did enjoy the warm welcome from all the staff.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
We haven't dog kennel near the hotel, your complaint is the first we had on this problem in the last 20 years.
I'm Giovanni the manager of the hotel and for sure you don't spoke with me, could be, you joked with a my employee, but anyway just in case you listened a dog (far away from the hotel) barking in the night I don't understand why you do a second review.
Why you want discrediting my hotel ?
Tripadvisor is not a web chat and because you already wrote your opinion on this site I guess the second review will be cancelled.
Thanks again for your stay in our hotel, kind regards

Giovanni
Derbyshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Overall a great stay. I had a truly lovely holiday- thanks!

I read the reviews and wanted a nice location, on a budget- and thats what I got.

Hotel- Hotel is very clean, cannot fault that. Yes the rooms were basic and dated but I was certainly not going to sopend my holiday in Sorrento in my room, so that didnt bother me! It had everything I needed, storage, great power shower, balcony with great views and overall very clean and tidy.
There was a book that told you absolutely everything you needed to know from air conditioning to bus prices. It had a list if all the excusions and how much each wioll cost. This helped us plan our week of fun!

Location- yes the hotel is far from the centre but the views are spectacular and there is a free bus from the hotel to the centre of Sorrento throughout the day (this is a god send!) You cannot walk as the road is really long and bendy with no paths and the locals drive like mad men!

Food- breakfast is your typical continental offering. Homemade cakes were lovely and the family are more than happy to make speciality coffee when requested.
We ate at the restaurant in the evening on a few nights and was pleasantly surpised- pasta was homemade (I reccommend the spaghetti with mussells), and all very reasonably priced. Fabio the waiter was lovely- great manners and great service- thanks!

Overall we had a lovely time- Sorrento was lovely. For the price I would reccommend this hotel and would come back again. If you want to be close to the centre and do not like getting buses then maybe this place is not for you but remember you wont get the views!

Room Tip: Hotel at the top of the cliff but views are amazing!
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

the hotel was fine, breakfast OK, no "real" juice, some kind of cordial, the fruit wasn't that great, soft apples... The pillows were awful, the shower was a plastic pull around and very small, but the price for the hotel was reasonable. What totally spoiled the holiday was that you absolutely could not open your window for fresh air because there was some kind of dog kennel below the hotel, and the barking didn't stop... Last night the howling was something like a Dracula movie. Sorry to give the nice hotel owners such a bad review, but it's how I feel.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
albergovillafiorita, Direttore at Hotel Villa Fiorita, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Your judgment is negative because a dog of another property barked during the night ( there is not dog kennel near the hotel).
We are very pleased to receive your review but we have to replicate on a few things.
Nobody in the last 266 reviews has listened this dog, then I'm not really sure you are writing about our hotel, because we never reiceived this complain.
The fruit juice at the breakfast is not fresh squeezed orange but it is a very good brand of fruit juice used in all hotels in Sorrento
Anyway, thank you very much for your stay in our hotel (if this review it is really for us), we hope to see you again.
Leysin, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I can't say enough about how good our experience was at the Villa Fiorita. It felt like home from the very first day. The hotel has all the services one would expect in a hotel of this type. What made the place stand head and shoulders above other places I've stayed was the wonderful family atmosphere. The breakfasts were always a great selection with lovely homemade cakes and wonderful cappuccinos. Our room was an excellent size for a family, with a side-room for the children...and two bathrooms was handy. Views were splendid of Vesuvius and over to Capri in the west. The shuttle service down to Sorrento did not make the distance from the town an issue. In fact, it was great to escape the tourists. I would even say that it's not necessary to hire a car. You can get most places you'd need to visit by bus (the Amalfi Coast) and train (Pompeii, Naples etc.). I would not hesitate in recommending the Hotel Villa Fiorita to a family.

Room Tip: I only know that the family room we had on the second (third in the US) floor was ideal for our fami...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2014

Located outside the hustle and bustle of Sorrento, this is a nice, clean little family hotel. The restaurant has a limited menu, but offers excellent food.

The swimming pool and patio area has a great view of Naples and the Vesuvius.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
ramat hasharon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2014

very nice staff. a bit far from town but then that's the reason for the price difference. free parking by the owner. good breakfast. beautiful view of the valley. average room. better have a car with you - makes it easier to get around.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Villa Fiorita? Share your experiences!