My sister-in-law and I stayed in Summer 2012, for one night we had spare in our Italian travels. A very short walk straight down from train station, to a picturesque hotel right on the cliff edge.
We found it very attractive outside, but on entering it was definitely Grande inside. We had to photograph the interior as it was so beautiful, with amazing decor. Out twin room became complimentarily upgraded to the 4 balcony honeymoon with separate lounge, suite, with 2 bathrooms! Enjoyed the spa, that was a nice bonus. They had a singer entertaining us in the evening as we sat outside having a drink and enjoying the view. So enjoyable. Shame we had to leave and checkout Sorrento town You can walk to Sorrento centre and shopping area easily and enjoyably. The hotel put on the Euro cup for us tourists in the evening, on a big screen with comfortable seating. Complimentary decent breakfast on lovely sunny balcony overlooking the sea in the morning, and so much area that we didnt get affected by the random smokers. We didnt use the pool but went straight down to the beautiful beach, with beach attendants, beach bar, sun lounges and towels. We simply did not want to leave. Only issues there, were internet would not work,( not a big problem for me) and aircon was not able to be adjusted in our room and stayed on freezing all night, so had to wear extra layers and blankets. I hope to return next summer, I assume aircon fixed by then.
Also Caruso restaurant in town is a joy, with such a delicious meal too.
Cheers, Susan from Perth, Australia.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We cannot forget the cozy and inviting appeal of our structure and Sorrento Atmosphere without jeopardizing the needs of our guests. This 4-star hotel is located in the Historical Area of Sorrento, immersed in the vivid colors and aromas of the Land of Sirens, where tranquillity and splendid views to the sea are part of the privileges. Our refined dining rooms, of classical style, allow you to taste delicious Mediterranean and International Cuisines innovated by the hands of our Executive Chef with freshness and detailed preparation, yet with a wide variety of local and international wines to add the final personal touch to a perfect meal.The Venus Bar and the hotel public areas such as the inviting lounges, the reading room, the main lounge and the gardens offer a hospitable atmosphere remarkably untouched from the old times. From the ample terrace nestled overlooking the Gulf of Naples, you may dazzle yourself with the views of the Vesuvius. The Grand Hotel Europa Palace carries a superb panorama of the Sorrentine Peninsula within a restyled classic and mediterranean style with a touch of love and care in every detail. Among all amenities, we can highlight our private beach facilities and panoramic swimming pool, reached through a lift on the volcanic tuff rocks. Reserved and intimate ambience where relax and comfort are the main attractions. The Grand Hotel Europa Palace is the ideal venue for events, cerimonies, gala banquets, cocktail parties, courses and congresses, or private functions.Grand Hotel Europa Palace: Exquisite Hospitality in the heart of Sorrento ! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Venere, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Europa Palace Grand Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Europa Palace Grand Sorrento
- Hotel Europa Palace Grand