Stayed at the hotel for a friends wedding in April, the weather was inconsistent as one minute it was lovely and sunny then raining hard. To be expected though at this time of year.
The hotel is based slightly out of the main town but it was a five minute walk and you were in the main street. The views from the pool area and dining room were stunning as they look out over the town/bay/Mt Vesuvius. Our room views were nice but slightly obscured by other parts of the hotel complex, luck of the draw perhaps on that one.
Food is really good, wide choice of dishes to suit all. Advice is to double up on starters and have one as a starter and one as a main as they were more exciting at times than sticking to the usual coursing. Breakfast is really good loads of choice, omelettes made to order, hot and cold section, European breakfast element and also tomato sauce ! Fill up as food is expensive wherever you go and if your half board or B&B make the most of it.
Service and all staff we met were helpful and prompt with any requests. Wouldn't say there was too much to entertain kids at the hotel more of a couple/adult vibe.
Things to do when there:
Sorrento - amazing little streets, just wander around and you will stumble across so much. Sit in the main piazza and people watch with a beer in hand.
Bars - Blu water sells massive beers really nice food and also football live !
English Inn - sounds like one to steer clear but nice, great to sit outside having drinks either in their garden area or on the cobbled main street.
Any on the main piazza are nice. Baguettes club/bar is good for music and drinks and it has a pole.....just off the main piazza don't steep stairs. Night before the wedding was spent in there more lively than others we visited.
Capri was a great day out, 30 min ferry over and then a wander around all the boutique shops - window shopping in all reality. Expensive though, €20 a salad do be aware!
Everywhere is expensive €5 a beer, €10 for a sandwich....ect. The hotel charges drinks and food to your room so it can start stacking up!
All in all lovely trip based from a great hotel which is one of theist beautiful I have ever stayed in !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A prestigious 4 Star Superior Rating Hotel built on the lines of the typical Mediterranean architecture, positioned on the rocky mountain dominating the town of Sorrento and the enchanting Gulf of Naples. A striking and imposing hall, wonderfully designed into the rock cavern ambience, is connected with the fifth floor of the Hotel, thanks to two fast elevators. Guests will be welcomed by a selected and highly professional staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Venere, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Grand Hotel Capodimonte reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Sorrento
- Sorrento Capodimonte
- Hotel Capodimonte Sorrento
- Capodimonte Hotel Sorrento
- Grand Hotel Capodimonte Sorrento