Anybody who has been to Sorrento in August will tell you just how lively it is, Villa Oriana Relais is located just far enough out of town to be away from the noise of the night life but it was only about a 20 minute walk into the main square.
My wife and I stayed for a week and loved sitting on the terrace in the evening with a glass of local wine, looking out over to Naples and Vesuvius, watching the sun set over the island of Ischia.
The breakfasts are fantastic and there's a very good jacuzzi pool on the rooftop patio, which is a great place to cool off after sunbathing, and you can even have tea or coffee brought up to you.
Maria and all her staff are wonderful, and they can't do enough for you. They offer to book trips for you (I can recommend the private taxi over to Positano, Amalfi and Rufello) which pick up and drop off at the villa.
I don't really know how this compares price-wise with other accommodation in Sorrento, but we thought it was well worth the money and hope to visit again.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Oriana Relais Hotel
- Villa Oriana Relais Hotel Sorrento
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An elegant and essential accommodation, refined and with all the comfort and welcoming of an exclusive retreat. Villa Oriana Relais is located in Sorrento, only 5 minutes by car from Tasso Square, the main square of the town and has a breathtaking view of the bay of Naples.The d’Esposito family, has managed this wonderful Relais with passion for years, welcomes the guests like friends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Venere, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, EasyToBook, HostelWorld, HostelBookers and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Villa Oriana Relais reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.