Firstly I'll start with the good points:
1) All the staff were very friendly and helpful (except one waiter who looked like he'd rather be dead than working there!)
2) The rooms were clean and housekeeping made the beds and replaced towels daily.
3) The view is absolutely incredible from the hotel.
4) The free shuttle bus that runs from the hotel into Sorrento and back again fairly regularly throughout the day was very useful.
Unfortunately there were a couple of bad points:
1) The corridor outside the room stank of cigarettes all week.
2) The food was incredibly bland and disappointing. We stayed half-board but wished we'd only been on bed & breakfast. The cereal in the morning was stale and cardboard-like, the main course at dinner was tasteless, oily and very un-italian! A couple of meals we actually had sent back as they tasted awful. To be fair the waiter was very understanding and did this without complaint. Tip: if you want water for the table make sure you ask for tap water as the bottled water costs 2.50euros each. If we were to return to Sorrento we would definitely look to stay elsewhere.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Venere, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, HostelBookers and Otel so you can book your Hotel La Vue D'Or reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Vue d Or Sorrento
- Sorrento Vue Or Hotel