“A seasoned kebeb eater had an epicurean epiphany here” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kebab Ciampa

Kebab Ciampa
Via Santa Maria Della Pieta, 23, 80067 Sorrento, Italy (Formerly Kebab Sorrento)
+39 081 807 4595
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 231 Restaurants in Sorrento
Cuisines: Fast Food
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: KEBAB Ciampa the different kebab since 2001....
“A seasoned kebeb eater had an epicurean epiphany here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

I've eaten a few kebabs in my time. Usually in Zaytoon, Dublin (held to be the finest kebab shop in Ireland) but wasn't prepared for the awesome experience I had at kebab sorrento. Their recipe is inherited from a mysterious Morrocan recipe (from what I have learned) and it is by far the best kebab and overall the best culinary experience I had in sorrento to be honest. Only problem I had here was that they don't open on a Wednesday :) Oh well... We stuck with pizza to pass the time. 5/5

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
USA
“Best kebab in Sorrento”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Kebab Sorrento is the best value for money in the area. Great prices. Friendly service and great atmosphere. Feed a family for 20 euros and leave happy. It's a locals' hideout as well. Get the classic kebab. And be on the lookout for Rick Steeves while you're there!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“You must come to this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

Outstanding kebab - definitely one of the best I've ever tried! Fresh food, friendly service and after all the Italian food, a very welcome change. Sensational service & taste. Popular with locals. Just do it!

Rome, Lazio, Italy
“Best Kebab in Italy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We were on our way to dinner when our friends, who live in the area, wanted to get a quick bite before dinner. I couldn't believe that they were getting a Kebab right before dinner, that is, until I had a bite. It was amazing!

On our next visit to Sorrento, we went there for dinner instead. As we watched them heat the bread in their bread oven, and prepare each ingredient for our kebabs, they explained their story to us. They told us how they manually build their own kebabs themselves by getting fresh good quality fillets of veal and turkey. They marinate the meat with their own blend of herbs and spices and continually brush the meat with the marinade throughout the day. Each kebab is made to order and the ingredients are all of excellent quality.

It's a great place for a quick meal any day of the week, except Wednesdays, when they're closed. Definitely try their lemon-garlic-pepperoncino fries and if they offer you their barbecue sauce, just know that it's really just ketchup and mayo mixed together. It's delicious on a kebab, though.

This is definitely a place we hit multiple times when we're vacationing in the area.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“BEST KEBAB IN ITALY!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

My friend and I were familiar with Kebab's during our time studying abroad in Florence. One weekend we traveled to sorrento and on our way back to the hotel saw the familiar kebab sign. The location was off the main road so we were able to escape the noise. Close to closing time, the staff could by have been nicer to prepare us what they would recommend! The whole time out food was cooking the told us how they came to Sorrento and how they prepared their food FRESH DAILY!! The first bite I had was outstanding. And I was not disappointed until I saw that there was none left! It was perfectly spicy and tasty! We went back the next night and brought a couple friends with us as well. Once we returned to Florence we found it impossible to have another kebab :/ and look forward to another trip to Sorrento where we can find ourselves at the Kebab place once again!

• Visited July 2013