Arrived at the Conca Park on the 7th Oct for 7 nights, first impressions were ok, A long walk through an underground tunnel to the hotel was a bit strange but hey ho. Receptionist were pleasant but had an air of "can't be bothered" about them, when we saw the room it looked ok, a bit dated but ok, the bathroom had been renewed with new fittings, shame can't be said for the shower, it looked like the original shower cubicle and fittings, a bit disappointing as I like a shower, the inside of the shower door was painted with undercoat only and needs another coat.
Whwen visiting the restaurant we found the staff to be totally ignorant towards us, they never smile or tried to make conversation, and before people say that conversation is started by either party, we tried on numerous occasions. The food was bland and not much variety so most nights we ate out even though we were half board, there are plenty of other places to eat. The exception was the barman in the lounge, he was totally different to the other staff, always smiles and had a joke or two with us. Would I stay there again? NO
I do understand that one mans meat is another mans poison but there was nothing about this hotel that makes me want to go back.
As for Thompsons
In my opinion they are a total rip off, the cost of the trips was extorsionate, true they were the same pricish as the local travel firms, but if you DIY then you can knock 70% off the Thompsons price. One rep told us when we went to Capri that he knew of a restaurant that we would only have to pay 13 euros for a 3 course meal cheaper than anywhere else on Capri, he took us all there and fare enough it was 13 Euros, but it was slop, if we had looked around first there were lots of places far cheaper, so beware.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just five minutes' walk from the historic centre of Sorrento, Hotel Conca Park is ideal for a relaxing stay on the Sorrento Peninsula. The Hotel is close to bus stops and the train station, and so the most beautiful places in Campania can be reached in an hour at most. Pompeii, Herculaneum, Capri, Amalfi and Positano really are close, and we can organise private guided tours to ensure that your stay on the wonderful Sorrento Peninsula is truly unforgettable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com and HotelsClick so you can book your Conca Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Conca Park Hotel Sorrento
- Hotel Conca Park Sorrento