“Excellent !!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Hotel Aminta

You added Grand Hotel Aminta to your Saves list
Grand Hotel Aminta
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Nastro Verde, 23 | Neapolitan Riviera, 80067 Sorrento, Italy   |
Ranked #23 of 96 Hotels in Sorrento
“Excellent !!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Staying here was a great experience. The service was great, as well as the breakfast. We had our Christmas dinner at their restaurant and the menu was superb!
The views at the terrace are the perfect location for romance...
Rooms were spacious and the balconies were a nice surprise.
The free shuttle service will take you to the city center and from there you can get the ferry and go to Capri.
Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (349)
  • Greek first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Perhaps the nicest hotel I have ever stayed in during my travels. Gorgeous views over breakfast, comfortable rooms, convenient shuttle bus service.. and the staff were incredibky helpful and polite HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Kent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Staff very helpful, had good selection of gluten free bread and cereals at breakfast time. We were in the garden annex, nice big room, lovely view from balcony, bathroom functional but a little tired, could benefit from a refurb. Shuttle bus service into town is great we used it almost every day. Would recommend stopping here, would love to go back.

Room Tip: Best if you are on the sea view side for view and sun in afternoon and evening.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
bakerboy48
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Overlooking the Bay of Naples, the Grand Hotel Aminta is in a beautiful situation, The Hotel and staff are top notch, even though it was very quiet while we were there there was no complacency at all. The decor of the hotel is first class.
A shuttle bus runs on the hour to the centre of Sorrento with the last one back in the evening at 11:30pm.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front of the hotel overlook the Bay of Naples .
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for my wedding in Sorrento in May so apologies for the very delayed review. However this hotel was so fantastic I had to review it. I stayed here with my husband and my wedding party of about 30 people and the hotel from first contact right through to check out were amazing. Whenever I contacted them prior to our stay they answered straight away to any queries and questions as well as offering me a great group discount.

I was very nervous having organised everyone’s accommodation for them that the hotel would be up to everyone’s standards especially mine – as my wedding accommodation I wanted it to be perfect. I had no need to be nervous and it was beyond perfect. The staff, the food, the views (which made my wedding photo’s amazing!), the rooms and the hotel in general were fantastic; especially the front desk staff.

As a strict vegetarian the hotel were very helpful telling me exactly what was in my food and the breakfast buffet offer a great variety of food.

I got to see many different room types and they were all lovely. Our room in particular was fantastic. It was so nice to sit on the balcony and overlook the most spectacular views.

The location, although not central was actually just what we wanted. If you stay central you won’t get the amazing views. The free shuttle bus is brilliant and you can walk down to Sorrento although my husband did walk back I probably wouldn’t attempt it.

I have already contacted them about coming back next year and can’t wait to visit again!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2014

Our party of 6 stayed at Aminta for 5 nights. We had a wonderful time. Our rooms were in the "Annex." Victoria showed us the way - across the magnificent terrace overlooking the Bay of Naples, past the pool, and through a "secret door" into a manicured olive grove/garden with a winding path that led to a lane bordered by a high stone wall with beautiful flowers on one side and views of the grove and beyond on the other. The rooms were fine. Clean. With small balconies. The walk back and forth to the hotel was delightful, a little like we were living in a private home in the Sorrento countryside.
The desk staff could not have been nicer or more helpful.
The restaurant was terrific. Great staff. Wonderful food. Reasonable prices.
My friend and I like to walk. The staff gave us a map with a route to Capo di Sorrento - about one hour along wooded paths and lanes. We were rewarded with magnificent views and great swimming off the rocks. We also walked in to town and back or took the shuttle.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
aminta, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Grand Hotel Aminta, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear guest,
Thank you for your very rewarding and complimentary review about your stay with us. We value your opinion and are extremely proud and grateful that you and your group had a wonderful vacation at the Aminta. It sounds like you really appreciated the natural surroundings of the annex and enjoyed the short, yet scenic walk along our path to and from the main building. Again, thank you for posting your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Hampstead, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2014

Had another great stay at the Aminta, September 13th - 18th. Have been visiting there annually since 2004. I guess that means that we really like the place. On this trip we spent the first 3 nights staying at another "5 star property" close to the center of Sorrento just to see what that would be like in comparison to staying at the Aminta. Although this first hotel was quite nice it lacked the warm personal attention found at the Aminta.
When we transferred to the Aminta we felt more at "home". For those who have not read my previous reviews suffice it to stay that the outstanding thing about the Aminta is the service. Of course the views are beautiful, the facilities quite nice, and the food excellent.
I think the thing I was most impressed with was the improvement in the quality of the cuisine. It had been very good on prior trips but now it is excellent.
Botton line is do not hesitate to book this hotel. Rates are very reasonable for the quality. When I go to Sorrento in 2015 I plan on foregoing the stay at the Grand Old 5 star and spend the entire time at the Aminta.

Room Tip: Choose a balcony with a sea view.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear special guest,
What a fantastic review, than you so much for sharing your positive experience at the Aminta. The greatest compliment is when clients return time and time again. We will continue working hard to exceed your expectations. We definitely look forward to your visit in 2015. Thanks again and best wishes.

Been to Grand Hotel Aminta? Share your experiences!