I was only able to stay two nights here, but wish I could have stayed longer! There were three of us traveling, so we booked a family room with two beds. As a Diamond member, they upgraded us with an awesome view of Mediterranean Sea and Mount Vesuvius. The bed was a bit firmer than what I’m used to, but I was able to sleep fine. There were controls next to the bed that allowed you to open the curtains, control the lights and set a do not disturb for the room. The rest of the room seemed pretty much standard. The pool looked awesome, but as it was February we didn’t get to use it.
I saw signs for the executive lounge, but wasn’t told about it. They instead directed us to a part of the lounge/bar area to get free drinks and appetizers for being a Diamond guest. They were quite good and the staff attentive.
As others have pointed out, it’s quite a steep walk/climb up the road from the train station. Unless you’re young/inshape and traveling light, I’d suggest getting a taxi. However, be aware taxis in this town aren’t cheap especially at night.
We ate dinner there one time and breakfast. Both were very good. Wifi reception in our room was very weak however. Also we were given fresh fruit when we checked into the room and a bottle of limoncello the day we were checking out -- very thoughtful!
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Sorrento Palace Hotel
- Hilton Sorrento Palace Hotel Sorrento
- Hilton International Sorrento
- Sorrento Palace
- Hilton Sorrento
- Sorrento Hilton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Sorrento Palace combines contemporary design with Mediterranean warmth, with a beautiful panorama over the bay of Naples. Executive rooms and suites, five restaurants, six connecting outdoor pools and one indoor pool, tennis court and fitness room are all at your disposal. Our Kids Club welcomes children from 3 to 12 years old and allows parents to enjoy a little peace and quiet around the swimming pool and in the Sorrento Lounge and Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Priceline, Travelocity, Venere, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Sorrento Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.