“Excellent Tours in 4 Cities!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #23 of 118 Activities in Sorrento
More attraction details
Owner description: Thanks to more than 20 years of experience travelling all over Italy and Europe with different important Tour Companies, I make local excursions to Sorrento, Amalfi, Positano, Ravello, Pompeii, and every spot of Campania.Furthermore I also achieve tours to the principal cities of Italian art and history: Rome, Florence, Siena, Pisa, Lucca, Venice, Verona; all carried out in my comfortable eight-seater Mercedes Van. The deep knowledge of the Country however, permits me, above all, to show you the little villages and towns which compose the "Hidden Italy". Places strongly holding their traditions of century, and where it seems that the time has stood still. Here it's possible to re-discover one's own roots, a very enthusiastic experience. For those who had the chance to find out and know the original place of their families and ancestors, this is a dream that came true . With courtesy, professionalism, and always sense of humour, I will try to convey the emotion and enthusiasm which I still feel when I confront the Art, History, Culture and Warm Welcome that renders our Country unique in the world. I wait for You with the sense of hospitality which comes from my humble origin of the earth, the ancient cultural Art of farmer, to which I'm still much tied, living in fact with my numerous family in a garden of oranges, lemons, vines and olives only 10 minutes drive from Sorrento and 15 minutes from Positano.Why this internet Site ? The idea to realise this site was born after receiving much encouragement from travellers who have been on tours with me. These Guests have appreciated the fondness I spend in my work, suggesting me to present to a larger public, this new way to travel in tourism.
Chicago ,IL
16 attraction reviews
“Excellent Tours in 4 Cities!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

A group of 6 of us on a cruise ship used Pleasant Travel for tours in Taormina, Naples, Rome and Florence. The guide/drivers were very good, they picked us up right at the ship always on time and used comfortable 7-8 passenger vehicles which could navigate all the narrow streets and go places the larger tour buses could not drive or park by. Giacomo our guide in Sicily was excellent. We toured Taormina, Mt. Etna, the wine country and a small village. We even went up to Castelmola, 1,600 feet above the sea, a place very few tourists get to. He took us to a local butcher shop where we sampled cheese, meat, bread and wine. The next day our ship was diverted from Sorrento to Naples due to high seas and our driver was still there on time, and we had a full day. Starting at the Herculanean ruins which was amazing. Then on to Positano and the Amalfi coast which was spectacular, one of our favorite places on the entire cruise. Next back to Naples and Pompeii, where we had our own guide arranged by PT, Daniella, who made the tour excellent. Next day to Rome with Marco who was also excellent. He drove down the narrowest streets and parked very close to the major attractions which allowed us to cover a lot of ground. Pantheon, Trevi Fountain, Spanish steps, Forum, Coliseum, the Keyhole, and the Vatican. He reserved lunch for us a great "locals' place with great food and good prices. At the Vatican we also had our own guide Domi who was excellent. Next day on to Florence which included the Academia (David), Duomo, Uffizzi Gallery, Ponte Vechio and more. Another great lunch at a local place, then a drive through the Tuscan countryside on the way to Pisa (leaning tower). A great 4 days with Pleasant Travel at cost lower than cruise ship prices with much more to see close up and personal. Highly recommend PT!

Visited September 2013
Mariano_Fiorentino, Proprietario at Pleasant Travel - Day Tours, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Thanks a lot for the good feedback.
It is heartening for us to see that you folks enjoyed your time with us and that you appreciate a really professional service.

Belfast, Maine
“Chosing Mariano and Company the BEST Travel Decision we made!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

5 of us all traveling with BIG bags decided to give using a driver a try. Mariano and his company were recommended by our traveling friends Ed and Louise. Truly the smartest money we've ever spent. Mariano (and other drivers) were absolutely reliable - ALWAYS there early, with comfortable vans to cart us around. They accommodated trips from Rome to Sorrento, around the whole Amalfi coast, from Sorrento to Bologna, and helped us find a driver from Bologna to Milan.

But they did so much more! Each trip became an adventure, as we stopped and toured along the way (which also made good use of our limited time in Italy).

From Rome to Sorrento we stopped for a marvelous tour of Herculaneum (Ercolano)where Mariano had arranged a fantastic and knowledgeable guide, Danielle, to take us through so we truly understood what had happened there and the great value to the ruins we saw. Then to a wonderful lunch that celebrated the seafood and regional foods of the area (ah, caprese salad, the little anchovies, the lovely wines, aubergines, peaches, limoncello!!). As we drove, towns were pointed out and history given so the countryside came alive.

I could go on and on - how Mariano gave us a "getting our bearings" drive around Sorrento, pointing out good restaurants, etc., before taking us to the airport; or how Priscilla shared her wealth of information about Monte Cassino, Orvietto and other things we saw on the way from Sorrento to Bologna (her love of the beautiful cathedral and town of Orvietto was evident as she spoke of it). Special kudos to the lovely restaurant Trattoria San Gennaro in Praiano-the lovely waitress, incredible food and wine, and the special treats they provided will long be remembered (peaches in red wine! their sampler of wonderful home made liqueurs flavored with lemon or orange or anise or raspberry!).

Mariano and Antonio and Priscilla were warm, knowledgeable, and very professional. But mostly they were great fun! Thank you all SO much for making our trip to Italy even richer!

Visited September 2013
Mariano_Fiorentino, Proprietario at Pleasant Travel - Day Tours, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
I have been reading your comments on the web and want to put on record my thanks for taking time out to offer this feed back to future guests who want to know something of the quality of the service they will receive if they book their trips with my Company.
BC Canada
12 attraction reviews
“Great Day Tour with Mariano”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Visiting by Cruise Ship- had aranged for a full day tour with Mariano to cover Positano, Amalfi, Ravello, Scala and the ruins at Herculaneum. We were a group of 8 from our Cruise Critic Roll call. Mariano was right there at the dockside to start our day out. We enjoyed a beautiful drive along the Amalfi Coast, and up into the mountainside to Ravello and Scala, where we had lunch at a local restaurant. Mariano is very personable, tells great stories and made our day one to remember. There was time to shop a little, enjoy the gorgeous scenery and eat! Thanks for a
wonderful day Mariano!

Visited September 2013
Mariano_Fiorentino, Proprietario at Pleasant Travel - Day Tours, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Hi, thank you for your review on Trip Advisor site. I think this is one of the best ways of getting an independent and honest idea of services offered by any particular Company and its a great help to anyone wanting to book their trips.
MALTA
“Fantastic tour of the Amalfi coast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We recently visited stopped in Naples as part of our cruise stops, Priscilla from Pleasant travel, was at the pier waiting for us as soon as we got of the ship..from the minute we boarded our private van we knew we were in for a beautiful day! Priscilla ( who is british) is extremly knowledgable about the Amalfi coast, and as passionate about it as the italians! We truely enjoyed our tour,and loved the exceptional views at every turn! Cannot reccomand this company enough..money well spent as im sure we wouldn't have been able to do it on our own!

Visited August 2013
Mariano_Fiorentino, Proprietario at Pleasant Travel - Day Tours, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
I have been reading through the reviews on trip advisor and just wanted to say a big thank you for taking the time to send in your comments. It makes a lot of difference to us to see we are appreciated and to others who need a guide line when doing their bookings for the future. Thank you !!
New York City, New York
37 attraction reviews
“Take a day tour of the Amalfi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Rather than depending on bus schedules at the Amalfi coast, my sister and I decided to take Pleasant Travel for a day tour of the Amalfi. Mariano was very professional. He arrived on time. His vehicle was very clean and comfortable. He was very knowledgeable (answered all our questions satisfactorily) and accommodating. He let us decide on how we should do the tour. Paestum was not in our itinerary but he brought us there where we saw some ruins. The road to Paestum was quite interesting - we used the local route so that we could see more of the Amalfi. It was a very long and productive day for my sister and me. We are glad we decided on touring the Amalfi coast with Pleasant Travel. Thank you, Mariano.

Visited August 2013
I have seen the appreciative message for my Company on this web site and it makes me so glad to realize that the hard work we put in makes such a good impression. We do our best and its nice to hear it is worth while