“Didn't notice there was no meat!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #18 of 230 Restaurants in Sorrento
Cuisines: Vegan, Vegetarian
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
“Didn't notice there was no meat!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

The owner/waiter explained that they were a vegetarian resturant and is passionate about the food and explained about the farm they have just a few miles further along the coast. We had a light supper here of Insalata Caprese and some pasta. Really tasty and filling. We are not vegetarian but found the food and service here excellent. Good value house wine. Easy to find from the station.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Lyon, France
“Good location, but bad food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Bad: My boyfriend's food was OK. A little bit chewy. However, they oversalted my risotto so much that I had to order a bottle of water and pour it into the risotto and still it was not good enough. I could not eat any of the risotto. I told the owner, he offered some other meal because I could not eat any of it. I ordered a lasagna, he said no. Instead, he gave me two cold calzones to go.

Good: I had the best caprese salad of my life here. It was right next to the train station. Also very close to where our hotel shuttle dropped us off.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
West Hartford, Connecticut
“Hospitality and Fresh, Delicious Cibo!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

I stumbled over Mondo Bio Café one night walking back to my hotel in Sorrento. While I do not practice a vegan diet, I was curious to see how it tasted in Italy. When I arrived, they were about to begin closing, but the gentleman, whose name I cannot remember, allowed me to place the final order. I had not tried pesto over pasta during my trip to Italy, so they were able to prepare a plate of penne pasta with a side of fresh grilled vegetables. For dessert I had a wonderful piece of an almond flavored coffee cake. What I will remember most is how sweet and willing the chef and his staff were in accommodating me last minute! Stop by, you will be pleasantly surprised!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lake Mary, Florida
“great food and price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Loved eating there. Food fresh, tasty and not expensive. It was hard for us to find following the map we had from the location we were. But easy to find from downtown. It is very close to the train station. Restaurant is very small.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Silicon Valley
“Welcomed Surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

It was hard for me to believe that there's a vegan/vegetarian option in Sorrento, I had to see it for myself.
My expectations weren't very high, but the food not only tasted really good, but it was a very decent price! My tofu ravioli pasta dish and lemonade were 10E, which was true for others at my table too. I tried a friend's gnocchi and minestrone soup (special of the day) and liked theirs too!
The outdoor seating area is serene-looking, although a little noisy from the scooters and cars on the street below. If you have time, check out the vegetarian store/market next to the restaurant as well.
P.S. "Bio" means organic. The host/waiter, to make sure we were interested in eating at the restaurant, told us everything was organic and vegetarian before we sat down.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere